Phil McGee

Remove 15 min Coma

While I understand the idea behind it I think punishing somebody for dying with a further 15 minute time out is just straight up not fun. I see a few issues that will arise. 

1. Extra Pointless Report s.

You will have an angry person who has a free 15 mins to type up reports with no merit. 

2. Rage Quit reducing active server population. 

People will just say to hell with this I'm done for the night and log off instead of staying on and having RP in a different avenue.

The amount of times you die from silly things like dsync or hitting a floating object etc. Only to spend 10 minutes waiting for a 911 call that never arrived only to be further punished by spending 15 minutes in a coma. 

I fully support the splash screen reminding people of the NLR rule and think it's a good idea. 

Thanks

• Like 6
  • Upvote 14

Supporting! That 15 mins ain't that bad if it can be made to keep you 15 mins for a good reason. If you died from a RP reason, not DMed or like you said dsync and other bugs.
But that is a struggle to make/script and this feature will annoy players for sure (that will affect playerbase)

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would suggest that the Coma thing stays and indeed is reduced to 10min. But also make something like with store robberies, if there is not enough police officers on the server you cannot rob a store. So if there are not enough Medics on the server the Coma effect is removed.

• Like 2

Okay, I barely post here but this is actually not okay. As people have already mentioned before, dying by floating objects like sodium, blowing up randomly, DM's, etc are all going to play a factor but more importantly, ECRP has ALWAYS had an issue with the lack of Medic's being available. Most of the time when I'm down, I end up bleeding out because no one comes to save me, like ever. There's 200+ people that play here and with the lack of MD's, people are simply not getting help. Renovations have to happen before something like this is implemented. The faction needs to recruit a lot more to balance things out, otherwise it's going to get extremely frustrating. If you guys are worried about people not caring about their characters life, someone mentioned medical bills before and that could be a great idea honestly. We have to apply for gun licenses and drivers licenses, implement health insurance as well perhaps.

The players want more content, not to be punished with more time wasting things. If you guys are worried about people going around killing each other 24/7, just implement a hard NCZ. Maybe something surrounding an entire area. This could be an area where people can mingle and socialize without the worry of "Hands up hrob" and you'll actually have a lot more role play. Perhaps allow the city to be drama free and let the drama commence up north. All I'm saying is, please remove this, it serves no purpose other than frustration at it's current point. MD needs to be renovated.

Not a fan of the coma at the hospital idea, not sure about the 15 min yet.

I still think death on scene is far better and restrict chat only allowing /do, maybe even allowing others to /drag.

@Flucifial Limbo after death asks for a body to be on scene where they died, so it's not quite implemented as requested.

Edited by Xoza

13 hours ago, Phil McGee said:

That's a perfect example of spending 10 mins bleeding out, 15 mins in a coma. Yeah sure an admin might be able to help but it's not guaranteed. Same goes for a 911 call. 

Even 10 minutes is too much. Possibly a financial penalty would be better like a medical bill or something. 

Better remove tax system if they add this.

19 hours ago, Denni said:

I'm a little of both. Admins can remove people from coma. However, I do understand the frustrations.

I agree with this, but also with all the other stuff admins have to deal with. I think there could be a way to fix the coma so that isnt one of them.

Maybe there could be a good in-between? such as 15mins total? I.E if you got killed on your bike by hitting sodium and flying 500feet high then crashing, calling the medics waiting for 10mins and they dont show up, when you get to MD you only gotta wait for 5 since you already waited 10mins while injured.

Whereas if you got in a gang fight, got clapped and the guys waited lets say 1minute to finish you off, you would get into a 14minute coma since you only waited 1 minute injured.

(honestly this might be a pointless post, and it might be how it currently is. I've never been in a coma so far so apologies in advance.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

I agree with this, but also with all the other stuff admins have to deal with. I think there could be a way to fix the coma so that isnt one of them.

Maybe there could be a good in-between? such as 15mins total? I.E if you got killed on your bike by hitting sodium and flying 500feet high then crashing, calling the medics waiting for 10mins and they dont show up, when you get to MD you only gotta wait for 5 since you already waited 10mins while injured.

Whereas if you got in a gang fight, got clapped and the guys waited lets say 1minute to finish you off, you would get into a 14minute coma since you only waited 1 minute injured.

(honestly this might be a pointless post, and it might be how it currently is. I've never been in a coma so far so apologies in advance.)

+1 I agree.

Also, forgot to mention: If it does get implemented that the coma works in function with your bleedout  and not a static 15mins then it should remove a very large portion of mercy killing that can happen on this server. The only exception that i can think of that it would still be 'viable' is if your friend is about to get healed and arrested, otherwise it would be the same if they wait the injury timer or die instantly.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCanadian said:

This is a great idea if the coma system is 100% gonna be implemented, it should work like this.

• Upvote 1

-1 adding the coma system was probably one of the best ideas in a while, whenever someone gets caught in a crime, its instant “deathrp” in /b. If we grant it they get off scot free even after killing cops daily. Now there is a consequence of deathrp which is great. On another note, people without anything on them usually just refuse calling medics and break nlr when they spawn which is also an issue. This coma system hinders that a bit and gives people more value for their life especially during rp scenarios. The coma time should be INCREASED. But not trigger unless killed by a player specifically (shot, beatdown).