Zemaitc

La Fuente Blanca Discussion

2 hours ago, lenx said:

(Don't remove my comment this time, thanks.)

Up until your faction thread was made, I (and many others) had never heard of "la Fuenta Blanca." I have never seen you at a drug lab. I have never seen you committing a robbery. I've never seen any real criminal RP from your faction. You say it is because you operate in the shadows... But, I do not believe you. There are no screenshots of RP from the server anywhere in your thread. If you cannot prove you are actually participating in RP you are claiming, you do not deserve a warehouse. There are other gangs who are far more deserving and have actually proven their criminal presence on the server, with the screenshots to back it up. All I see from your thread is a bunch of rich guys posing with their toys and pretending like they've been criminals this whole time in order to get a warehouse so they can only get more rich... It's completely unfair to lower tier factions.

The whole purpose of this extended hiatus from turfs was for factions to show off their groups and prove they are dedicated to the RP required by the server. The reason I did not speak up in your thread until after you became official, is because I simply did not think you would get it. It says right in the guidelines that higher tier factions are far less likely to get official. So why would a "gang" of extremely rich people (admins) get a warehouse in the first wave of official factions?

The whole concept of how you portray yourselves is just a repeat of how the turfs were previously ran. Purposely avoiding interaction with other gangs or anything "publicly" criminal. You just sit on the free money the turf passively earns. This promotes that same mindset for other gangs. Just write a nice backstory about your gang then just do nothing in the city because its all done so privately that no one would ever know. That contributes nothing to anyone's RP; only your own.

But, here you are. 1 of the 5 first factions to get a warehouse. Without a single screenshot of RP that you've taken on the server...

Instead, you've chosen a selection a pretty screenshots and added your own story behind them. 

In my opinion, that is lazy. You can write any caption you want for those pictures. Without actual screenshots of the RP, how do we know you didn't just go to a location, snap a couple pics, then just leave? How do we know you are actually committed to the RP when there isn't a shred of evidence proving it in this thread? I (and many others) have personally spent hours organizing and participating in large RP events, evident by the screenshots in our threads.

To that, I ask you this:

What was the point in organizing these large RP events if we could just take some pretty pictures and write up a nice caption? I was sure that it would factor into the vote; editing on RP or captioning F7 screenshots with no evidence of the real RP behind them would surely hurt you, right? I guess not...

I don't understand how any normal member of the community couldn't view this as completely biased.

Your faction is comprised almost exclusively of admins (and former admins) for Christ's sake... 

In my opinion, giving this faction official status so early sets a bad precedent and all the negativity is completely warranted.

1 hour ago, verydoge12 said:

I have no issues with yall getting a turf but I believe there are other factions that deserved it more that applied and all this turf will be used to do is to get rich people richer , thats all from me 

1 hour ago, Sandiego said:

My problem is that there is other criminal gangs that show their criminal activity, and server players know about them and they deserve to be official way more than you, meanwhile you are a group of friends that are extremely rich, and barely any criminals or people know you, one single member of LFB has probably more wealth than for example another gangs all members added up have, I think it's very unfair if you get a warehouse just to get more money, maybe I would have a different opinion on this if you ever roleplayed with others, I haven't interacted with you even if I only play as a criminal and meet other gangs daily, I only saw a few guys with super cars driving around like crazy, flexing and stuff.Atleast show us the RP instead of a picture and a story, everyone can do that. I remember an admin took a picture of our gang as a moose or a cat I can't remember and we couldn't use the picture for the forums because there was an admin in it, meanwhile you guys are posing with dogs,deers and stuff.

Now I am not inside this faction myself, Although I am part of the criminal faction team.

They are one of the oldest criminal organizations in eclipse. I think closely following the Irish mob. Real life criminal organizations try to stay hidden, Not to be known by cops or try to never get arrested. They are perfectly doing that ingame. Trying to have character value and try to never get arrested. They are active in criminal activity. they just do it in secret. 

I think I am not in the wrong but the illegal faction team is aiming in this direction with most if not all gangs who want to become official. Use them and Mercia as a good faction to follow in its footsteps. 

-Musket

• Like 2

I think this is silly, Just because you havent seen them about like other gangs or getting in to shootouts with Police or other gangs, This gang is very good gang and if you interacted with them ylu would know what they are like. So stop lowballing them because the owner is an admin which stupid. If he abused his powers they would sort it oit by demoting his arse. I expected more from you  @lenx than replying like you did. Every gang had a chance and some didnt cut due to probs of their reports and in the city. Let them do what they do best do loads of stuff in the shadows.

I know that people are butt hurt bit shit happens. Chin up and redo what you have to do. Instead of posting on some ones discussion thread 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenx said:

@DDevastatedTV My issue is the lack of OOC evidence of their RP. Maybe they do a ton of great RP, but they've shown no evidence of such. Just because they are admins and long standing members doesn't mean we should take their word for it. They should have to prove it like everyone else.

@MusketDeezNuts Same thing. What you are saying is nice, but at the end of the day, there is no evidence of their RP.

We have around 16 members in LFB at the moment, 2 of them are admins right now and 2 former admins/mods. So how can you say this.

Your faction is comprised almost exclusively of admins (and former admins) for Christ's sake... 

Edited by Chris Strange

Before I continue with this reply I want to make it clear that I don't hate nor dislike any members of La Fuente Blanca, I barely know any of them IC'ly and spoke a bit to a few of them OOC'ly. However, I do think that giving this faction official status as one of the first 4 is a wrong decision.

While the story and lore is interesting and well developed, I'm afraid that it only affects the roleplay of a few people and leaves the general community hidden (Mostly other criminals) from this unique roleplay. I very much agree that this faction follows it's lore and backstory by staying hidden in the shadows and not show itself in public locations. However I think that this sort of roleplay is annoying and needs to change. The big flaw that this factions has in my opinion is that the roleplay affects a very small amount of people, and by doing so blocks off alot of roleplay scenarios. 
With how hidden this faction is it's hard to initate any roleplay scenarios with them, which is why I'd like to suggest something for the leaders of LFB. Try to be more public, not in a way that u go around the bank and tell everyone you're in 
La Fuente Blanca but rather go and peform more roleplay scenarios at Criminal Locations such as chop shops or drug labs, there u can go around and roleplay as some secret group that barely people know about and show everyone the roleplay that you are able to provide.

Personally I think that giving this faction a turf in the first wave of official factions is a wrong decision, and personally, I would've given them the official status in the second wave. I have no problems what so ever with this faction receiving official status. But I belive that other factions (who I will not mention) deserved the official status earlier than them.

I think that this faction deserves official none the less as sone as possible. But until now most of their roleplay seemed more like an OOC thing, with only the members of LFB seeing and taking part in it. I'd like to see that change and see more roleplay scenarios from this faction including other people from different factions.

I am going to say this again, this is not coming from hate or etc. Just sharing my opinion on this topic.
Good luck on your future roleplay and hopefully me and many other people can see you around more and erase our negative thoughs about this. - Hamin

• Upvote 1

who or what is la fuente blanca? lol

A good server relies on community feedback, i'm curious to see where this will go as upper management should avoid these conversations bursting out and it's a fault that it's even happening with such out lashes.

Edited by gyrhnr

I have been reading the backlash and complaints about LFB for a few days and all i keep is seeing the same response from the "defenders" if you were to call them that of the faction. That they are realistic in the fact that they do everything hidden which in my opinion is perfect for them

a few factions that did not get official were denied because of the reason "what does your faction  bring to the server's rp"  now its a very valid point and my question to La Fuente Blanca is what do you bring to the server's rp? 

Official factions were brought out to revive the criminal content in the server. Make sure that the official factions were active, actively participating in the server and basically regulating the criminal side of the server by being the "law" of the criminals overseeing all the smaller gangs who are not official and leading by example showing them the rp level that they should be at if they wanted to be at the top and become official. I have almost 200k xp right now and have been actively playing in this server for a long time and i can say that. If i want to rp with Shadow Cartels, i can. If i want to rp with Irish and Mercia, i absolutely can because they are there.  Yes La Fuente is more realistic in the fact that they are hidden but you have to realise that this server is not real life. We come here to rp and have meaningful events, stories happen to us and live the "fantasy" of our chosen lives for our characters.

The problem is that La Fuente brings nothing to the server because they are an invisible closed friends group of rich people that never rp. I know for a fact that the leader of the group actually is around and rp's himself rather well but for the rest of the group i cannot say the same. Especially when all of the members so far have not been able to reply to criticism well and straight away got defensive instead of engaging in meaningful discussions.

New criminals will never be able to see La Fuente rp and they will never see the example of them. All they are going to hear is the rumours of this group that is never around and essentially does nothing. We already had this with the Hitmen group which some of you know but never took off. It was a great "myth" and made people excited and sometimes scared but that never took off and all it was left just a myth that is what will essentially will happen to La Fuente and i mean it already has happened.

In my opinion La Fuente does not bring anything of value to the server itself and they will only be occupying a warehouse slot that could go to another faction that will be more deserving of it. 

Each of the official factions should aim to improve the server through their rp. if you are hiding and not showing anything then you are not really contributing to the server then, you are just having fun in your own faction with your friends which is perfectly fine but you do not need official status for that

However i wish them all the best and hope they prove everyone wrong

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

The feedback has been covering a few things wrong with LFB, the responses to the feedback have only covered the “Lay low” aspect of LFB. No response on how unfair this is towards low end factions, how unfair this is to other factions that displayed a lot better RP, had much more effort put into their faction page. 

Like some have said a lot of us don’t have an issue with LFB members nor hate them, it just feels like the process was biased and done wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Well after getting the official status, OOC hate turned into IC hate. People are walking around and asking random people "are you La Fuente Blanca?" our of their ass. I've asked around in the faction and no one has ever said a single thing about LFB ICly but people still somehow know about the faction, where we are located etc. I have personally RPed with people and they threaten me ICly with "I should probably burn their ranch down". This is not only ruining the experience for us, but in the criminal RP community as a whole. 

• Like 2

Also as a little response to all of this ''You never show RP or post any pics from RP like other factions'' comments, all I have seen is pictures of you posig in /anim foldarms together or aiming a gun/grabbing cash in a store or you just aiming a gun at some cops down on their knees, sorry, but I don't see this as RP. I see RP as /me's and /do's, and although I have seen a couple screenshots in Shadow Cartel thread, there are not much of them. In the future, I will also include screenshots from the chat with /me's and /do's under a spoiler when I post edited screenshots.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:30 AM, nateX said:

Also as a little response to all of this ''You never show RP or post any pics from RP like other factions'' comments, all I have seen is pictures of you posig in /anim foldarms together or aiming a gun/grabbing cash in a store or you just aiming a gun at some cops down on their knees, sorry, but I don't see this as RP. I see RP as /me's and /do's, and although I have seen a couple screenshots in Shadow Cartel thread, there are not much of them. In the future, I will also include screenshots from the chat with /me's and /do's under a spoiler when I post edited screenshots.

Hello nateX,

you are saying that you see RP as a /me's and /do's, right? I have scrolled all your faction page up and down and saw only one picture with /me's and /do's which one was also edited and who knows, maybe you have taken the picture and then edited by putting some /me's and /do's ? 

There is no facts about you - evidence in other words. Only pictures of ranch, super cars and guns, nothing more.

Lets be honest, we had a really good example before the warehouse "restart" when there was 2 factions (or 3) who were managed by the staff members, they had like 15-18 members in the faction and only 2-4 of the whole faction team was active (it is OOC information). What happened next, the discussions started coming out because there was questions going around, why the factions has the warehouses if they are not being in server and not even involving in any RP situation? No one could answer the question, we got only a reply: the faction will lose the warehouse if the whole faction will stay inactive for 3 months or you can get a reason to go to war with them. This two options were not possible because those gangs were inactive and was also working in the "shadows". I literally OOCly were spying on one faction ( I will not mention the name) and saw that one guy from the faction always joins for couple of minutes and then logs out just for not to lose the warehouse. So what is the point? Where is the fun? Role play should be fun, shouldn't it be? 

As for your faction, even I have only met you once ICly ( I am playing for about 6months) have couple of different characters and I haven't met you guys or saw any of your good RP. I don't hate you and I am not mad that my ex faction didn't get the official status. But just try to understand and realize that if in real life if there would be gangsters or mafia that would have ranch, so many super cars, so many guns, they would be known by the police or other higher, lower tier gangs. It is impossible that gang has 200000000000$ and still no one knows about them. For this much cash you would need to do money laundering, a lot of gun trades, chopping cars etc. which would involve other people not just only your guys. You will probably say that some of the people knows you, well some isn't enough, because our ex faction got a question from the staff team: what are you bringing to the server and the community? Well I have the same question for you, what are you bringing to the server and the community? Really looking forward by getting the answer from you. 

What i want to say is that I really don't want that I would happen the same as It was before with the warehouses, one inactive gang owns warehouse and from 15 members only one or two guys active which claims to be working in the "shadows". I would really like to see some good Role play situations from your side ICly but if that is not possible, then atleast OOC in your forum thread. Because as high tier criminals or gang you should show really high role play which would be a good example for our server and the community. That is all from me.

Cheers. 

Edited by ViktorR
  • Like 5

It’s at the point where I’ve realized that no matter how much we express our opinion on LFB getting official, nothings going to happen. They rewarded themselves with official and we just gotta work our butts off again for the second wave and hope another random admin owned faction doesn’t come out of nowhere and get themselves another spot.... 

ive expresses my issues still no direct response, I wish the best of luck to all other deserving factions on the next wave! 

• Upvote 1

Im so furious with our community members reading this thread and  reading that their has been OOC and IC insults just because LFB got official and some people are but hurt about it. We shouldnt have members in this community like this and should allways treat each other with respect at all times. Its in the rules so get yourself sorted. 

I know that some of  you or your gang didnt get official do the right thing and sort out the feedback given and try and get official with in the next 2 to 3 weeks when its alive again instead of insulting peolle and saying they got official because they are ex admins, They Maybe got official because they dont have shit RP and dont rob every one like most of the gangs do. They keep them selves to them selves and dont kill cops or get 30 reports daily.

Take a stern look at yourselves and sort the feedback given instead of insulting people, You might object that they got official but instead of wasting time on insults others and other comments get yourself sorting out the feedback what probs has been given to your gang which is why you have been declined.

Remember why we are all here, We are here to meet new friends and roleplay with others.

Regards

DD

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DDevastatedTV said:

I know that some of  you or your gang didnt get official do the right thing and sort out the feedback given and try and get official with in the next 2 to 3 weeks when its alive again instead of insulting peolle and saying they got official because they are ex admins, They Maybe got official because they dont have shit RP and dont rob every one like most of the gangs do. They keep them selves to them selves and dont kill cops or get 30 reports daily.

Again with the same response over and over. I’ll keep this short and say there were other factions more deserving, way more deserving. Take a look at their threads and their RP in game. 

Take a stern look at yourselves and sort the feedback given instead of insulting people, You might object that they got official but instead of wasting time on insults others and other comments get yourself sorting out the feedback what probs has been given to your gang which is why you have been declined.

I do not really see insults in this thread. You are assuming the people who are giving feedback here are the ones making these IC threats, when it could just be a forum lurker. I think all the feedback given in this thread deserves to be taken seriously. It’s obvious a majority of people in this community feel the decision to give LFB official was wrong. Maybe instead of telling us to wait for the second wave the admin owned faction should’ve waited to give themselves official in the second wave. 

This will be my fourth attempt at trying to get feedback on my one issue. Why is a faction worth 200,000,000 getting official over a lower end faction who could be putting a warehouse to better use? Again it’s in the guidelines itself!

6CF7258E-1CAC-4D07-9813-3928BAEF8A19.jpeg

Edited by diplodorkk
  • Upvote 1

Personally the only issue I have with this faction is if you are saying that ICly you are doing criminal activities in shadow etc , having meets and all , why wouldn't you oocly prove that to the rest of the community and end the discussion , in real life if someone was as big as La Fuente Blanca is claiming to be when it comes to their criminal activity atleast other big criminal family's or mafias would know about it , and if you say otherwise I will say that you have no idea how criminal life works in real life and all your criminal "lore" is based on movies and tv series , if you are as big as you are there is no way that you would be able to obtain milions from criminal activities and not get either recognised as a criminal organisation or known by other family's. So I would like to ask some questions regarding this :

#1 : If the LFB is as big and as powerfull as previously established how did they get to the point of having hundreds of milions without anyone from other criminal factions ever getting any sort of information about it , keep in mind obtaining milions illegaly would require an operation to be set and established for months before it would start making profit in milions ? 

#2 : I understand the whole IC lore about the LFB but there is a massive issue regarding it , if there are other criminal organisations that were in the city before LFB was ever formed , how do they not know or heard about LFB for years ( ICly ) or had any sort of contact prior to them already being established and already stocked with money ? As Musket said Irish are most likelly the oldest faction when it comes to ECRP so by that logic icly , there is no way any criminal organisation icly would become as big as LFB is without them noticing it or having any sort of criminal contact with them wether it is regarding drug/weapons manufactoring and trafficking , extortion etc.

#3 : The issue when it comes to warehouses and turfs rises because you keep forcing the sentence " We are working in the shadows " , but owning a warehouse and controlling the turf would make you more then visible to the public eye , so there is a big hole when it comes to lore that would explain the sudden change of pace inside LFB to go from " never seen before " to " controlling a part of the city aka turf " . In order to gain control of the certain part of the city you would need to make yourself publicly known and prove to other criminal organisations that you can actually control the turf and show the power that you have house by house , street by street before taking the whole "turf" . You cannot simply go from nothing to a turf , Imagine your part of the city irl being normal and neutral , then you go to sleep and wake up for it to be controlled by a criminal organisation you have never heard from before but somehow over 6-7h of night managed to obtain all the business in the area , most of the households etc. It just doesn't make sense.

#4 : As I've stated in the oppening statement , if you are doing all those criminal activities ICly , there would be no issue for you guys to show that OOCly , noone would ever be able to use it since it would be considered MetaGaming ( Using OOC information ICly ) so only thing that would happen if you did that , you would actually prove to the rest of the community that you are indeed doing something besides driving around and being playboys.

I have had no contact with members of LFB nor was I searching for any in the first place so I am 100% neutral when it comes to this topic , the whole reason of my post in this topic is certain things are unclear and make no sense whatsoever when it comes to RP ICly or discussions OOCly regarding the faction . Thanks for the time you've spent reading this post and hopefully writting a reply .

Edited by Gangula
  • Like 4

All of these replies here say X deserves it more than Y, implying that la fuente took their spot on the official faction list. This is far from true since there's plenty of open spots, your factions just didn't get it because "you do not fulfill the requirements", or in other words your RP is trash.

Your real focus should be against the staff team for denying your faction, instead of against a gang that actually deserves it.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, lenx said:

How could they? There isn't a single screenshot of true RP from the server in this thread. It is simply a bunch of F7 screenshots with captions (or edited on RP).

In my opinion, that is lazy. You can literally write any caption you want for those pictures. Without actual screenshots of the RP, how do we know you didn't just go to a location, snap a couple pics, then just leave? How do we know you are actually committed to the RP when there isn't a shred of evidence proving it in this thread? Other factions spent hours and hours performing their RP and they have screenshots in their thread to back it up. Where are yours?

Honestly this is about the only thing in your post I disagree with you on. This allows for a cleaner, more story-like experience. After all, roleplay threads are for mainly entertainment and to show off the faction's roleplay. Captions are janky, I will agree, but edited on RP lines are the best way to do it IMO.

Taking screenshots of real 'live' roleplay is very 'ugly' (for lack of a better term) and uninteresting. When I was in gangs on SA:MP servers I always used edited roleplay in the screenshots. This actually took hours to make, as there were usually quite a lot, and in my opinion definitely isn't 'lazy'. However, I made sure that the roleplay made sense.

As for your comment asking "How do we know you didn't just snap a couple pics and then leave?" well... the simple answer is we don't. But we don't know they didn't have that roleplay either. Sure some words and sentences are probably changed, for the better I might add, but as long as nothing major was tweaked I don't see a problem with it. If your criticism is they should post more interaction with the outside (where they would have to have interaction with people who aren't in their gang) I may have to agree, but they will continue to hide behind the "secrecy" of their faction even though the whole point of a roleplay thread is to show it... lmao.

Anyway, other than that great post it actually made a lot of sense. +1

Sorry that this quote is out of nowhere, I just thought this was the well most constructed reply on the entire thread lmao... just wanted to put my opinion out there.

Edited by JasonG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonG said:

Honestly this is about the only thing in your post I disagree with you on. This allows for a cleaner, more story-like experience. After all, roleplay threads are for mainly entertainment and to show off the faction's roleplay. Captions are janky, I will agree, but edited on RP lines are the best way to do it IMO.

Taking screenshots of real 'live' roleplay is very 'ugly' (for lack of a better term) and uninteresting. When I was in gangs on SA:MP servers I always used edited roleplay in the screenshots. This actually took hours to make, as there were usually quite a lot, and in my opinion definitely isn't 'lazy'. However, I made sure that the roleplay made sense.

As for your comment asking "How do we know you didn't just snap a couple pics and then leave?" well... the simple answer is we don't. But we don't know they didn't have that roleplay either. Sure some words and sentences are probably changed, for the better I might add, but as long as nothing major was tweaked I don't see a problem with it. If your criticism is they should post more interaction with the outside (where they would have to have interaction with people who aren't in their gang) I may have to agree, but they will continue to hide behind the "secrecy" of their faction even though the whole point of a roleplay thread is to show it... lmao.

Anyway, other than that great post it actually made a lot of sense. +1

Sorry that this quote is out of nowhere, I just thought this was the well most constructed reply on the entire thread lmao... just wanted to put my opinion out there.

Gotta agree with my man Winterfield right here.

These arguments

There isn't a single screenshot of true RP from the server in this thread. It is simply a bunch of F7 screenshots with captions (or edited on RP). 

along with this:

How do we know you didn't just snap a couple pics and then leave?

has it's pro's and con's and I can totally relate to them deciding to show minimal but more into a edited/theatrical type of RP pics.

To cite an example, there's a gang in a SA:MP server that I used to play at, called Syndicate. I'm was a part of it and lead it. There's is one rule in their lore that they are never called "The Syndicate" IC-ly. "The Syndicate" is only a term used for OOC type of interactions (such as OOC Turfs called Points). IC-ly, they are to be called "Jack's Packaging Company".

One day, we started to make a RP thread for Syndicate which has the RP pics that you want LFB to show.

After a week of good work and positive feedback from the server, a bigger problem arises in-game. We suddenly got gangs that we haven't interacted raiding our turfs non-stop 24/7, including the hidden ones. We took it as an IC issue at first but it came to the point wherein gangs just started calling us "The Syndicate" out of nowhere.

One thing's clear here though. The RP thread became a bible for Metagamers in-game.

Just like what NateX said it himself, this could happen:

People are walking around and asking random people "are you La Fuente Blanca?" our of their ass. I've asked around in the faction and no one has ever said a single thing about LFB ICly but people still somehow know about the faction, where we are located etc. I have personally RPed with people and they threaten me ICly with "I should probably burn their ranch down". This is not only ruining the experience for us, but in the criminal RP community as a whole. 

So we after that, we settled on unto more "discrete" type of RP pics in the RP thread, which then to a lead to a backlash similar to this thread. So it's a type of pick your poison type of thing to be honest. Now it's up to the Faction Team and LFB themselves to fix the issue.

Nice thread to call them out though. Makes everything transparent.

Edited by Umbracato
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Umbracato said:

The RP thread became a bible for Metagamers in-game.

I specifically remember this gang and I was around when you guys were at the peak of the gang scene. Definitely the superior 'roleplay-ist'. Not to derail the thread and all, but just wanted to point that out. Absolutely a tragedy to see the community ruin the RP integrity of that gang forsure.

Edited by JasonG