Zoloft

Rule concerning PD and Drug Labs

Simple suggestion here but wanted widely in the community, I was watching Noah Baxtors stream when I came across this clip https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertBadLampUWotThis clip shows the fact that @Marco Davis said that cops are allowed to willy nilly go between drug labs and raid them, it also states that this is not punishable in the server rules.

There should be a rule stating that PD cannot go to a drug lab without a reason eg. a phone call at the drug lab, A witness.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

This has been debated since the drug lab release. This is basically the last piece of criminal content we have right now that is worth doing and fits into the "rp" standards that most factions currently have to follow. There has to be an actual rule that would be punishable. It just makes no sense. Cops see 1 person leave the lab they call over half of the pd and destroy the lab. rip for 6 hours 
+1 from me as something has to change. Lately there is 0 change or any kind of moving forward in the server. The activity is decreasing and nobody seems to care. More and more criminals are going over to Mechanics or PD on their alts because there is nothing to do as criminals

Big +1. It's a bit broken that such a limited activity can 'randomly' be checked on, after the labs have been destroyed. Realistically labs would not have static locations, so I feel it's borderline abuse to just randomly cruise by once they are up and running again. There should be absolutely no random searches, without probably cause or reasonable suspicion of activity in such remote areas.

previous suggestion mentioned by Zemaitc from before. Osvaldon did mention some new changes regarding it, and I look forward to them.

Edited by JayGamble

Just I'd like to point out that drug labs should RPly be protected by gangs even though there isn't anyone there it's RPly protected. A police officer or two or even three going in there is considered non-roleplay at all. PD should hold back all drug labs raids. +1

Edited by Kimo

I like it should be kinda considered like NLR. Once one is destroyed it should be noted that it was there yes but it shouldnt be considered an area to search. They have no idea that the lab is back up and how could they? there are 5 in the town and the last 2 days all have been down a majority of the time. There is never so many calls to EVERY lab that they are all down. Its so blatant that they are roaming to each point and destroying them cuz they "VALUE HEAVY RP" hahaha its a joke. Its hypocritical in the least, a BIG +1 and hope this thread gets recognized. Also if they new it was a drug lab why would they only show up with 2 cops? and why do most cops have SMG's now? this heavy RP shit is a joke in everyones eyes but the criminals it seems.

Also I would point out how most cops dont agree to go searching the labs like that and only one does, and that cop has also been the most consistent one spotted actively tearing down labs without calls.

Edited by mickeytoolin
  • Upvote 1

+1

Seeing this from a realistic standpoint it doesnt make sense PD raids these without any reason. I don't really play on my criminal ALT anymore, but I can really imagine this is a complete pain in the arse if PD can just keep patrolling at drug labs. It makes more sense they only do if there are calls as when PD destroys drug labs, its weird they keep checking. IRL they could be everywhere, but unfortunately in this server it is limited by some standard places. 

• Upvote 1

+1. As an officer myself, I find it completely unrealistic that police would realistically know the exact location of each drug lab and decide to randomly check on each location free-will. I think the rule should full under a cross between Powergaming and Metagaming., Reason for this is that when police raid the drug-lab, they destroy it. ICly, the drug lab is gone, but scriptly (OOCly) the location regenerates and refreshes in the same location thus using OOC information about the location of a previously destroyed lab ICLy.

ENORMOUS +1. Drug labs are the main source of income for criminals. At this time nothing else is worth the risk and time. Choping cars is pointless (very little money and you need another car to escape (5k split between 2 people is trash considering the time it takes to get the car, drive to all the chopshop locations until you find it, wait for the car to chop) unless it is a super car). Robbing stores is broken at quite a few of the stores. Robbing people gets old and is not good rp when you are rping as a rich gangster with multiple sports cars.

Edited by punched