Osborn

Weapon Attachments for Faction Guns

34 minutes ago, NM369 said:

-1 attachments are illegal, should be the same for LEOs. Maybe a penal code change? 

Big -1 for extended clips.

Just like Pump Shotguns, SMGs, Carbines and Sniper Rifles; yet those are all used by law enforcement. By that same logic, should we remove everything but pistols from law enforcement?

• Like 2

I could see good use for a flashlight or cosmetic items like different tints of the weapons. However, I hope these neutral more RP prop type of modifications be made available for civilians as well. They don't exactly change the balance of the weapons economy as I doubt people would go crazy for flashlights being sold at gunstores, and realistically they'd be really easy to buy as well its just a flashlight attached to a pistol.

I feel that basic operatives such ad DS 1-3 And PO 1-3 should only get the flashlight on the weapons. And as you progress into SWAT or SED you should get the access to scopes, grips and suppressors. They should not be allowed to use extended mags as then it gives almost 0 chance for criminals to win in a shootout as we can just lay down suppressive fire for ages without having to reload, All other attachments given are cosmetics and give no benefit to actually having them

-1 PD and SD already OP + the fact that all those come for free 

just imagine 150 ammo on EACH of your guns + extended and lets forget about the part that some of these players abuse the /pw script and have unlimited ammo for FREE.

Thats a FAT no to this suggestion or else lets pay for what you get as PD officer or buff crim aswell instead of nerf'ing it

• Upvote 1

+1   
If they are limited in some manor so that they are selectively used and not applied at every scenario. An officer should gain/lose value based on their use of them.

For example: 
Officers 'loan' attachments from the Armory and get reimbursed upon their return. Officers who die in the line of duty would not be able to return the attachments therefor not receive the money back. This would also add 'material value' to the officers life on an OOC level as an additional and Optional risk to create a more 'intense' interaction with the RP. This loan should come from their salary, because IRL its not realistic for cops to pay for their own stuff, however continuous loss would result in an investigation or signed for resulting in loss of pay.

I would love to see this implementation *in some way* resolve the argument about 'cops need to lose something on death'.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, murda said:

Would be a great idea as long as Criminals could get full armor aswell.

The current imported armor only gives a half bar, is extremely noticeable, costs $400,000 for 10, and has an unavoidable script chance of being compromised by criminals and SWAT. Needless to say its not worth it for one .50's worth of protection. I would love to see them buffed. 

Edited by HighTV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

+1, and to all the people voicing their concerns regarding extended magazines rarely ever do police use or have extended magazines, they're predominantly used on pistols to broaden magazine capacity up to 12-17 rounds but on rare occasions as in real life the extended magazines heavily effect ergonomics and weight of the weapon making it harder to control and shoot. never will you see a real life swat operator carry a 45 or 60 round mag, they're unreliable, unnecessary and overkill, as said, attachments barely effect any parameters of the weapon anyways besides the silencer which just reduces noise while shooting, everything else is pretty much cosmetic and i dont see any issues civilians having flashlights on their pistols and swat having an occasional scope and grip as they do in real life.

Edited by kris giggs

8 hours ago, HighTV said:

The current imported armor only gives a half bar, is extremely noticeable, costs $400,000 for 10, and has an unavoidable script chance of being compromised by criminals and SWAT. Needless to say its not worth it for one .50's worth of protection. I would love to see them buffed. 

With the new inventory system, that allows you to take it off, avoiding any non-combat damage to it, and choosing when to equip it (even right before a shootout), I'd say it's very balanced.

PD already has nothing to lose with their guns and ammo being free, giving them attachments would just make them more OP in which definitely something I think is not needed.

Maybe flashlight and scope should be okay but things like silencers on snipers or extended mags should not be allowed imo.

Edited by Architer
  • NAY 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.