Chebbidy

Re-Cap Adjust Prison/Jail Time & Cut-off

In my head, the best way to answer a suggestion is by asking two questions. One, does it make role-play sense to do this thing and Two, is it going to keep people entertained and logged in for longer?

People want to talk about PD wanting to win, if we've caught you and you going to prison, we win. How long you stay there? Not relevant. If you going to go away for a couple hours, come back and do the same thing then we'll arrest you again.

The key difference between real-life and Eclipse is that in Eclipse, you don't want your criminals giving up their life of crime. 

• Like 1

I'm half and half with this to be honest. On one hand, i think that 10 hour sentences are pushing the mark too much, with there being not enough oppertunities for roleplay, its excessive, but on the other hand, i agree with Aldarine, maybe more scripted activities would help I.E spawning in different ores worth more money to work to lower jail time, or maybe add an option to pay for early release, kind of like bail, something along those lines.
+1 -1
-----------------

6 hours ago, Sineye said:

Is that not exactly what happens in real life. If your risk a very organized crime or murder and get caught would it not make sense in rp for there to be large ramifications so you can't be sloppy.

It exactly makes sens because we want to have fun instead of torturing players. Remember that if we want to make things realistic we should apply it to everything in the server not only jail time. 

The high amount sentences are being used for a couple of months, did it improve the criminal rp?? HELL NO . So maybe we should change it and see the result. 

Edited by aXoL

6 hours ago, CarlTTT said:

Would rather see smarter criminals, instead of ones who know that there is a cap to their sentence. We have people who flee police for small warrants, or shoot a cop over a traffic violation. It just seems so GTAO to me at times. Organized crime is suppose to be well...organized.

Who the fuck shots a cop for a traffic stop?? Who ever does that is 100% wanted and the cop is 100% trying to arrest him. If you shot a cop for just a traffic stop you have broken dm rules and can be punished for that. 

55 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

Maybe they could reimplement a cap, but the script removes the cap when murder/terrorism/other high value crimes is one of the charges. So a few felony evadings and such would cap at 2 hours, but if you add a murder of a gov official it would make you s the the full 5 hours or whatever. It may dissuade of shootouts as well.

Felony evading and stuff like that doesn't even go above 2 hours. The cap should be applied to more serious crimes to encourage people to generate better rps not running away from the cops after passing a red-light. Maybe some people say that so criminals would just start killing the cops and stuff like that. I would say it can't be worse than it is right now. We just see criminals robbing randoms and grind at bayview or mining and the other side we see 20 cops following a guy who past a red-light because they are not facing other crimes because we don't want to walk around an empty jail for 6 hours. 

It's pretty simple, sentences are that heavy that criminals don't want to engage in better and more serious rps so we should help this situation with capping or decreasing jail time to let them start something other than camping at foudraies. 

+1

As a cop and a crim, seeing both sides of the coin I find it quite difficult to give people the charges knowing how much time and money it actually takes away. 

At first I was very "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" but after being on the receiving end I take it back. 

Of course there should be punishments, but the punishments are for RP reasons and are still part of the players experiences. Five hours and 40k in fines is a serious demotovator to actually play, especially when there is 0 to none prison rp. I hide in the washroom when in DOC to avoid random fistfights and dudes threatening rape. It's tiresome and boring. 

Criminals bring a lot of RP, we're not all trigger happy monkeys but we go down fighting knowing we won't get questioned by investigators, we won't be told our charges and our side of the story won't be listened to. 

I was pulled over for a 10-66 by SD when neither the driver nor me were wanted, the car was not wanted, it was just black. We weren't even speeding and pulled over immediately. We weren't asked to identify ourselves, we were just forced out of the vehicle, searched for no reason and thrown in DOC. I asked why we were pulled over, I was told "investigative purposes"... No investigation happened. 

When I'm on my cop I try my best to talk those I'm arresting to give them something else to work with. It's sad to see so many people just resign themselves to their fate to the point where they don't want to interact with you anymore because, what's the point? And I don't blame them. 

Edited by Azphelle
  • Like 1

I don't agree with the high command part. Lets say someone does deserve 2+ hours in jail, but they surrender when there are 50 players on. There will definitely not be any high command members on (or at least very, very unlikely) and they'll get to serve 2 instead of lets say 4 hours. 

I think a simple system here would be a repeat offender system. The cap would start off at 2 hours, but each time you're sent to prison (DOC), your cap would increase by 30 minutes. So the more times you're arrested, the more your cap increases. If you have a crime against a government employee or a serious felony, the cap would be ignored. I think that's a fair trade off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Azphelle said:

+1

As a cop and a crim, seeing both sides of the coin I find it quite difficult to give people the charges knowing how much time and money it actually takes away. 

At first I was very "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" but after being on the receiving end I take it back. 

Of course there should be punishments, but the punishments are for RP reasons and are still part of the players experiences. Five hours and 40k in fines is a serious demotovator to actually play, especially when there is 0 to none prison rp. I hide in the washroom when in DOC to avoid random fistfights and dudes threatening rape. It's tiresome and boring. 

Criminals bring a lot of RP, we're not all trigger happy monkeys but we go down fighting knowing we won't get questioned by investigators, we won't be told our charges and our side of the story won't be listened to. 

I was pulled over for a 10-66 by SD when neither the driver nor me were wanted, the car was not wanted, it was just black. We weren't even speeding and pulled over immediately. We weren't asked to identify ourselves, we were just forced out of the vehicle, searched for no reason and thrown in DOC. I asked why we were pulled over, I was told "investigative purposes"... No investigation happened. 

When I'm on my cop I try my best to talk those I'm arresting to give them something else to work with. It's sad to see so many people just resign themselves to their fate to the point where they don't want to interact with you anymore because, what's the point? And I don't blame them. 

You exactly know what is happening on the server. 

I ask people who are okay with the current jail time to create a criminal character (if they don't have)  and do a couple serious crimes (not checking the labs and rob anyone who they see). After that come here and talk about the jail time and interactions with the cops during the crime and after they arrest you. I guaranty you that you will change your mind right after someone hit you with a 6 hours jail. 

3 hours ago, aXoL said:

You exactly know what is happening on the server. 

I ask people who are okay with the current jail time to create a criminal character (if they don't have)  and do a couple serious crimes (not checking the labs and rob anyone who they see). After that come here and talk about the jail time and interactions with the cops during the crime and after they arrest you. I guaranty you that you will change your mind right after someone hit you with a 6 hours jail. 

In order to get 6 hours you gotta do alot more than a few small crimes, i got 5.5 (with VIP mind you) from 3 accessory to murders, illegal firearm and a few other charges. The cap with people who get charges like that should easily be risen to 3-4 hours as its a more serious crime.

53 minutes ago, vacant said:

In order to get 6 hours you gotta do alot more than a few small crimes, i got 5.5 (with VIP mind you) from 3 accessory to murders, illegal firearm and a few other charges. The cap with people who get charges like that should easily be risen to 3-4 hours as its a more serious crime.

I mean you shouldn't be in the jail for almost 6 hours even if you have done accessory murder. 6 hours is a lot of time and the current jail status is nothing but an heavy ooc punishment. A guy gets a dm offence and probably goes to jail for 60 minutes and spends only 60 minutes for that mistake, but you generate rp and go to jail for 6 hours which is unbelievable. 

I'm okay with 3 hours cap but more than this is kinda an ooc punishment pushed by cops to the players in my opinion. 

In the other server which I play people don't even get 4 hours for bank robbery+shooting cops with pistols and heavies+evading and careless driving+face concealment + GTA(people don't rob the bank with their own vehicles obv) + taking hostage and threating people and stuff like that! I'm so sad because eclipse has such a potential to become the face of rp in these days but can't because of some very wrong mentality about the ic and ooc punishments. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, CarlTTT said:

Would rather see smarter criminals, instead of ones who know that there is a cap to their sentence. We have people who flee police for small warrants, or shoot a cop over a traffic violation. It just seems so GTAO to me at times. Organized crime is suppose to be well...organized.

“Smarter criminals” - Criminals are already attempting to be as smart as possible with the large amount of PD in the city ontop of that when we get into a shootout with PD the risk of us losing a heavy weapon we paid for and getting jail time + fines is sometimes not worth the reward. We have to be smarter than PD to ensure we don’t end up getting charged and lose our stuff.

”Flee for small warrants” - they are most likely fleeing due to the fact they could have a unlicensed firearm or a heavy on them which they don't wanna get charged for ontop of their Reckless or whatever, I’ve evaded myself for this exact reason.

”Shooting cops over traffic violations” - there is usually more to it than simply just shooting over a 2nd degree ticket, the guy could be heavily wanted from beforehand and they would be going for a longer time than expected, or it could all stem from the over aggressiveness PD tends to show towards bystanders which results in them getting mad at PD and killing them. I’ve had this convo with many different cops who all agree that there is a small amount of cops who are literally the reason why shootouts breakout because they feel they can push around one guy and it leads to them getting shot. (I am not bashing PD by saying this, I am just referring to the group of bad eggs that always ruin the image of a faction.)

”Organised crime” - I mean most organised crime within the city right now is hitting stores and cooking at labs with a group of people.

Edited by vacant
  • Like 3

+1, less jail time - more criminals -more work for the police. More jail activities should be implemented too, because the only activity right now, as someone mentioned, is looking at the wall. This should include a whole criminal update or a makeover. All you can do, as a criminal, who is not in a gang, is to rob innocent people, and it really sounds fuc**d when you hear them say they've been robbed today 4 times already.

+1 without criminals on the server it would be boring anyone who is disliking it has not had a 5hr sentence for a 2 minute crime, jail is consisting of 2 things, fighting and AFK people cause there is nothing to do.

No to mention the fact that the door to outside is locked 90% of the time due to lock down from “fighting”

heres an example, you steal a car and decided to chop shop it to get some money. on the way to the chop shop you get pulled over and decide to run from the police During the chase you try to fight the cop because there only one officer but you get injured due to the double health they have. You have a gun on you and get charged for unlicensed firearm, attempted murder of a Leo, felony evading, resisting arrest, wreck less operation   And grand theft auto. 20k in fines the loss of a gps, radio, gun and extra items you have all to make 3k at the chop shop and 5 minutes of game play to now spend the next 4hrs plus of jail time looking at wall 

Edited by Dylan Ortiz

I personally remember when they removed AFK in jail, and at the same time they removed they max limit in jail. I think from a criminal stand point this is horrid. I would say they should add the max jail time back to 2 hours or allow criminals to go afk in jail. Not only is it more than boring to spend 4 hours in jail, but it is more boring when no other person is in there and you just have to sit there and do nothing. I get the whole idea of trying to have more Prison RP, but not everyone wants to do the same rp for 4 hours or even 7. I think the idea of AFK in jail is more than reasonable and any criminal would agree.

+1 to this idea, Not may people are doing actual RP in Prison and any sentence over an hour feels like a joke.
Yes its an IC issue but couldn't you just roleplay your character being in prison for N amount of time while the limit is still somewhat capped? Its all about character development and roleplay, not players sitting AFK for hours after a days work etc.

Either this or make it possible to reduce your sentence significantly that isn't decided by how nice some DOC Officer is feeling.

• Upvote 1

So i'm a huge advocate of the general populous of this server. ECRP is a gaming community that's main goal is to provide a fun environment to play on.

I feel like charge stacking is an issue, i'm not accusing ANYONE but i have witnessed petty charging myself and i saw someone get jailed for 16 hours a week or so ago.
16 hours in a limited setting for RP is unfair, this game is for fun, not for sitting in a confined space with 0 RP.

I think the arrest times should stay the same, so we can still add whatever charges, but jailtime should be capped at 2 hours OR
The value of ores should be adjusted to allow some kind of resolution.
I agree that if you do the crime, you should do the time, but anything over 2-3 hours is so excessive and unfair.
Law enforcement needs to appreciate that without criminal RP we would have very little to do so it would be great to see this improved for the better of the whole community

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

+1   

I agree, I feel that if I was a new player and came into the server, and got charge stacked for their first time then its pretty unfair.  If it were me as the new player, I would go to jail and realize that I have to spend 6 hours in jail, well nobody with barely anything on the server will want to do that anyway, this prison system is flushing out new players, and making them leave due to the 6 hours of no RP whatsoever.

Hello, I will keep this short as there's more detailed and lengthy responses in older suggestions around this topic. We are not looking at capping prison times at this moment, instead we are looking to improve the prison itself. Please focus your suggestions on this thread around how to improve the prison with adjustments / new features, (non action related suggestions please).

- Osborn. 

• Like 3

I think it'd be great to have some kind of work function type RP to be available, like building stuff or mechanics.
Ores are okay but not many spawn, so maybe there could be an area in which you could do a similar process to farming, but at a table that looks like a drug lab table without the chemicals in which there are 9-10 processes in which have timers where you can build objects to sell at the sell point to gain stamps and trade in for time served.

• Upvote 1