Chebbidy

Re-Cap Adjust Prison/Jail Time & Cut-off

Hi. I wanted to express my opinion about the jail time and the debts which is very annoying to the criminals who sometimes engage in fights against LSPD(mostly).

So as you have probably experienced being in the jail you know that even small crimes can put you in the jail for numbers of hours.I had a fight with cops a couple days ago (i've had alot and its not my first time being in the jail or shooting LSPD members) , they put me in the jail for 17000 seconds because i shoted a cop with obv an illegal pistol while was doing an illegal action; my friend got in the jail for 8H for the same crime but he had a heavy gun on him which unexpectedly kinda doubled his jail time. As you know you can not afk while you are in the jail and if you have ever been there you probably know that 99% of the time there is no rp and fun there because there is no one in the jail except you and if there is anyone there he is just watching the wall while he is alt_tabbed and comes back in a few minuets and moves his character to avoid being kicked out of the sv. Personally i can play games for only 4 to 6 hours a day and i cant just sit on my chair and hang around the prison for 2 days and do nothing irl or ic or even with my computer ! ( obv i wanna play other games while i'm jailed but the game should be open so cant play other games on that time). i know so many players who created another character or even account(!) to skip this stupid jail time, we prefer being banned on that time and not having access to game instead of running around the hole prison and sitting for 10h on a chair and spamming /jtime to see when we can get out. I am asking the admins to reduce the jail time and maybe its debt(debt is not a big deal i can make 100k in a couple hours so no problem to me personally) to improve the rp between the cops and criminals. beside of the ooc problems that people have with jail time there are so many ic problems with that, for example most criminals are scared to engage in a fight with a police only and only because of the jail time and they prefer to rob innocent people as you can see happens 100 times a day to your character.I am not saying that you should free all the criminals to shot the police and make the rp like gta online but the jail time is alot and its keeping away players to engage in a good rp with cops and hurts their ic and occ lives.

i ask the users to avoid some comments like these and share their opinion in a view of a criminal or atleast be aware that we all are here to have fun and its a game at the end of the story:

-you would go to jail for 20 years for shooting a cop, you have an illegal gun so what do you expect?

-Do the crime, server the time

-so you may not want to shot a cop( so i just stay there and put my hands up before i see any cops arriving? so when ever i see a cop i just do the /down to avoid being in jail for 10h??) 

-this is rp and the time is realistic ( i understand that we are doing a realistic rp here but it is finally a game and we are here together to have some fun and make some rp and ofc avoiding unrealistic stuff, im not gonna rob a store irl with a ak-47 in hand and shot the cops, im just here to make some rp with some friends and enjoy the time im playing the game.)

i know that some of you guys are thinking like why is he complaining about this , so why does he do crimes? please understand that there are so many people who want to be on the dark side of the lossantos and not serving as a lspd or a taxi driver or a mechanic and.... we have our right to enjoy the game as you have.Ty for understanding.

Please share your opinion from your view. ofc there are many other things to say which i didn't mention about this problem.

OP, with all due respect, every comment you asked people to "avoid" is a valid response to this suggestion. I play as a fully legal character, never committed any crimes, and only have 2 first degree speeding tickets. That is how I decided I wanted to spend my time on the server. People who roleplay criminals have chosen that path for themselves. With that path comes significant jail times and fines and the Los Santos Penal Code is publically available should you want to confer with that prior to committing crimes. We have a multitude of criminals on the server who know the penal code, know escape routes, know how to think before they act, plan extensively before going forward with criminal affairs, and thus end up not getting caught. Significant jail time and fines are supposed to be deterrents to crime, just as they are in real life. Is roleplay lacking in the prison? Yes, that is something many people agree on, but how about trying to be part of the change to make it better? Instead of asking for a reduction in sentences, which won't happen, think of ideas to promote better roleplay while serving your sentence, be it with script support or not. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

illegal actions against lspd mostly happens randomly, yesterday my friend fell of his bike with ak in his hand and when we were picking him up a random cop arrived from no where, how can we plan for these stuff? as i said some of you guys are in the government faction and never faced jail before with a crime which includes shooting with guns in it.

you decided to spend your time as a clear person here , i didn't , and do i deserve this punishment? its rp but its also a game which is built to bring you fun not making you angry.

if they don't want to decrease the jail time they can just set it like that we can log out and the time just passes at that time too. because there is no diffrent between being out of the game and being in the jail.i never said remove the sentences all i said was that we are suffering from jail time and we are asking the admins to reduce it to a reasonable amount which doesn't cause ooc and ic problems for players.

Freclan i dont want people like you to come here and start telling us to go play gta online. i know what i have done and i understand how serious the crime is, ALL IM SAYING IS THAT JUST REDUCE THE TIME OR CHANGE HOW THE TIME GOES. if you don't want to reply politely we don't need your opinion here.

Edited by aXoL

8 minutes ago, aXoL said:

Freclan i dont want people like you to come here and start telling us to go play gta online. i know what i have done and i understand how serious the crime is, ALL IM SAYING IS THAT JUST REDUCE THE TIME OR CHANGE HOW THE TIME GOES. if you don't want to reply politely we don't need your opinion here.

So suggest a decent way to do it instead of something that's already been suggested a million times. Why should the jail times be reduced? It was a max of 2 hours before and it meant that criminals would commit these sort of crimes without much consideration for what will happen because they can just go to jail for 2 hours and come out and do it over and over again. The logging off idea doesn't work because that's the exact same principal. Why would a crim RP in jail when he can just spend 8 hours off of the server watching netflix or something. I agree that there does need to be more prison RP but reducing the times or being able to log off and do the time is not the way to do it.

Just now, Freclan said:

So suggest a decent way to do it instead of something that's already been suggested a million times. Why should the jail times be reduced? It was a max of 2 hours before and it meant that criminals would commit these sort of crimes without much consideration for what will happen because they can just go to jail for 2 hours and come out and do it over and over again. The logging off idea doesn't work because that's the exact same principal. Why would a crim RP in jail when he can just spend 8 hours off of the server watching netflix or something. I agree that there does need to be more prison RP but reducing the times or being able to log off and do the time is not the way to do it.

we are on the same page about "why should the jail times be reduced?". you can find the reason in the prison, when there are no futures in the prison and no rp in it, obv i don't want to spend my time there. if i could interact a good rp in the jail why would i make this topic? everything is clear about the jail and its futures (if there is any!), so wanted to mention that if they don't want to add anything there, so just reduce the time or change it how it goes.i have stuff to the when im home and don't want to spend 2_3 days of my gaming time in a prison with no content in it. i have some great ideas about it but im sure admins and developers are aware about the lake of the content in the prison so i didn't start a topic about that.

3 minutes ago, aXoL said:

we are on the same page about "why should the jail times be reduced?". you can find the reason in the prison, when there are no futures in the prison and no rp in it, obv i don't want to spend my time there. if i could interact a good rp in the jail why would i make this topic? everything is clear about the jail and its futures (if there is any!), so wanted to mention that if they don't want to add anything there, so just reduce the time or change it how it goes.i have stuff to the when im home and don't want to spend 2_3 days of my gaming time in a prison with no content in it. i have some great ideas about it but im sure admins and developers are aware about the lake of the content in the prison so i didn't start a topic about that.

Share your ideas then!! If it's anything new I'm sure they want to hear it. It's clear they are developing prison RP with the updated prison times (I hope) so while it's in the development stage you are better off suggesting an idea for what you want to happen to prison RP

Just now, Freclan said:

Share your ideas then!! If it's anything new I'm sure they want to hear it. It's clear they are developing prison RP with the updated prison times (I hope) so while it's in the development stage you are better off suggesting an idea for what you want to happen to prison RP

if you say like that , i would make another topic today and share my ideas.But besides that i want admins to look again at the jail times and how it goes too.

• Like 1

Shooting at a cop is not just "passing time" or "enjoying the game" with friends. You understand that the cop that you're shooting is another player, not an NPC. Same for the person that you rob all of their possessions. 

Every action like that has a negative impact on another player's experience. If you get caught, it has one on yours.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Upvote 2

looks like people are ignoring my point.

@alexalex303

you may wanna read the comments again. im not talking about shooting cops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im talking about the jail time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every action has a negetive impact on another player's expreince ? like they have to respawn next to the hospital? negative impact is spending your time on the prison with no rp and removing your free time because someone just wants to put people in the jail for 10h.

i didn't just randomly find a cop and shot him down for no reason. and i am not talking about shooting a cop...

The -1 guys are cops and civilians who don't really care about the prison time cause it doesn't affect them that much and these guys seem to think that people who roleplay as criminals have all the free time they want. You guys seem to forget that people have actual lives to take care of like family, school, jobs etc. School has started again so people have less free time to waste in the empty prison.

Would you like to waste 2-8 hours in a place where you can't do anything and you can't even afk? The criminals make up most of the server and these cancer updates that take up all of the free time these criminals have will increase the chance of them leaving the server or changing their character. And what happens when criminals disappear? The server will become boring with cops, civilians and few criminals roaming around the already empty city. Long story short the server will die off.

Edited by xCKube
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, xCKube said:

The -1 guys are cops and civilians who don't really care about the prison time cause it doesn't affect them that much and these guys seem to think that people who roleplay as criminals have all the free time they want. You guys seem to forget that people have actual lives to take care of like family, school, jobs etc. School has started again so people have less free time to waste in the empty prison.

Would you like to waste 2-8 hours in a place where you can't do anything and you can't even afk? The criminals make up most of the server and these cancer updates that take up all of the free time these criminals have will increase the chance of them leaving the server or changing their character. And what happens when criminals disappear? The server will become boring with cops, civilians and few criminals roaming around the already empty city. Long story short the server will die off.

Hur de dur de dur https://youtu.be/NR1NpCnUKWA

All I ask is neither side breaks server rules in the process.. shouldn’t be too hard. 

Edited by Zion Willard

2 hours ago, xCKube said:

yes this is exactly what i mentioned about this problem. we cant even AFK. we have ooc lives and at the same time we want to enjoy the game as a criminal. this is not a weird demand from me and people who think this is a problem. just reduce the jail time to a reasonable amount or make other ways to spend the time ( like let us pass 1/2 of the time with being afk or loggedout, or increase the mining impact for the jail time and... ). people who are disageeing with this topic, probably didnt get my point. if you want to feel what i am saying just go the jail for 4h pls and come back here. 99% of the time there is no rp, just people staying there ( if there is any people) and alt_tabbed.i feel some people have personal problems with criminals!

what happend to this topic:

?? 

can we have some answers? i ask everyone who play the game as a criminal to come here and share their problem and opinion about the jail time. as i looked at the link so many people agreed with this problem but still no real answer to them!

If you're going to complain about it, why not think of ways to not get caught instead.  Those same people that you are committing crime against have lives as well and with crim rp where it was, this was needed for balance.  I've got a crim character and have been to prison.  Sometimes you lose.  Make an alt and play on that if you don't want to sit in jail.  There's many other solutions that you are ignoring in favor of having your cake and eat it too.  

Well what about this, real jobs in prison to pass the time and make money to survive e.g gardening or working in the kitchen / laundry room. Also if there is enough staff propper cell opening and closing times to go out in the yard, eat, work e.c.t to make it more realistic? This might stop people wanting to log out and give them something to do in prison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlTTT said:

So you're saying just from one crime you committed you got 10 hours?

You can get cough and get in the prison for 10h but it is not like that this always happen. My point is as the prison is empty from rp right now,  reduce the time of it.

This is why we need a law firm, help with reducing sentence times with good behavior in prison. Obviously for major crime. I actually just suggested the idea on the forums to possibly make it a faction. Then I ran across this thread  and thought here is a perfect example of why it would be beneficial to have lawyers. I’ve never done prison time but I have heard of the bore it is on the inside with lack of rp. 

Hopefully enough  people would support my idea to bring it to life.

I dont know about you but personally I enjoy prison RP. Both from the viewpoint of my DOC worker and my criminal characters. I do agree that most of the times its only fail RP when you try to interact in the prison but sometimes you actually do get good mates to RP with. You already pointed this out but yes, if prison times were only brief (i.e. 1 hour max) then a lot of people would start doing crimes because theres no real consequense. What if you booked someone in jail after shooting at you and an hour later he is robbing the same store again? What would be the point of massive prison breaks if its only gonna increase your time when you fail and when you do succeed its not even much help since theres only little time to begin with.

Sounds like your issue is the lack of RP and activities in the prison, not jail times. Instead of ignoring the first two problems and just going to a simple solution of lowering jail times (they were lowered recently by 50% almost), you should search for solutions like how to get more RP and suggest other activities for devs to put in. Most jail times I see are about 1-2 hours, so I wouldn't really say it's a huge issue as far as jail times go for majority of people. I see people RP in prison, it just comes down to how well you can adapt and how good you can RP.

I feel a ton of people have wide opinions on this topic but I find maybe if theirs a lot to support maybe it could be tweaked or changed. I find that some and even me in some cases get 3+ hour prison sentences based on all the crimes they do. Sure this is all reasonable but I just find it crazy that 10 minutes of RP can be a 3+ hour wait time in jail. Some may say don't be stupid don't do this don't do that but what fun is Jail RP if you wait inside for hours with a couple activity's to do. I feel the time you can be put in jail is just kinda outrageous, BUT I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts and point of views. I'd find that maybe a hour and a half max would be so much better and get people back into so RP rather than sit in a jail. I love the concept of what the server has now but I just don't see me personally being able to play on a server that requires 3+ hours of 10 minutes of crime RP. I do realize I'm one person and got no clue what you all think so that's kinda why I just wanna hear some thoughts. The issues I can possibly see though is people going on with well this would make Crime RP way faster and more common. I really don't see how this would make it more common as its already extremely common and a 1 hour sentence is way more reasonable than 3 in my own opinion. Love to hear all thoughts and do still enjoy the server regardless! 

Possible changes:

1. New prison sentences

2. Better activity's in prison (Although its GTA 5 RP and I got zero idea on how this can be improved)

Edited by Dreamz
  • Like 1