MrSix

Re-introducing the ability to talk over radio while injured

When a player is injured I believe they should be allowed to communicate using their radio instead of only their phone. It RP'ly makes no sense to be unable to talk on the radio, but being fully able to grab your phone from your pocket, unlock it and call emergency services for help.

As of now, once you're injured you cannot use your radio. So let's say you are riding your motorycle, miss your turn and crash into a pole and are scriptly downed, it is against the rules to communicate a single word using the radio, but it is totally fine to call 911 for medical assistance. I struggle to see the realism being enforced within this rule. How does someone who's injured succeed in making a phone call, but fail to hold a single button on their radio (which is an ear-piece in most cases).

The only logical reasoning I see behind this new rule is to avoid NonRP situations. E.g when you've been shot in a shootout and you immediately start yelling on the radio. But if that's really the only reason I believe the rulebreaker should just be reported on the forums instead of not allowing any player to utilize their radio when injured.

This is not a kind of rule that promotes better roleplay from the players. This is a rule purely put in place to avoid a possible rule-break of NonRP, which in my opinion is the wrong approach. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 26

I think it would be the best if you would be able to use your radio unless the cause of the injury is a gun, and I also believe that PD shouldn't be allowed to press the panic button if we can't change the freq because those actions take the same amount of effort

PD aren't allowed to press the panic while injured

I think it would be the best if you would be able to use your radio unless the cause of the injury is a gun, and I also believe that PD shouldn't be allowed to press the panic button if we can't change the freq because those actions take the same amount of effort

+1 exactly what this needs, stops people in shootouts giving callouts etc but allows for ease of getting help if you fall off a bike or an injury unrelated to a shootout.

I was not aware of that, is this scriptly or only a rule?

Right now a rule, will be scriptly enforced next update AFAIK.

On-topic: I feel half half on this. The only thing I would really like is having one, consistent line. So either you're injured and not able to use your radio, panic button, phone whatever or you should be able to use your radio, phones etc. Personally for me it makes no sense that you can't use a radio or even a single button on your radio in case of the PD panic button but calling a number, tell where you are located and what happened is no problem.

To add on this subject, in the current system when you're down you're supposed to be actually critically injured not that far removed from death. A minor injury is already scriptly shown by walking and standing differently. I feel the most realistic would be to not use your phone either, aside from not being able to use your radio.

Edited by Roderick

+1 If someone breaks fear rp, report it. Shouldn't punish everyone else for other peoples ignorance. It makes no rp sense to force people to pull their phone out of their pocket to dial 911 when they have a radio, especially when they work for emergency services. Radios are used server wide by all players.

• Like 2

If someone sees someone using a panic alarm when they are down'd please take a picture and pass it along to a Command member from the players respective faction, and or make a report on the forums as this is a server rule, obviously it is a hard habit to break, but that being said if they hit it by mistake they can delete it and void it via /f chat. so just remind them first, as we all try and help each other make the adaptions to rules.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I guess it'd make more sense that you can't use your radio/phone (maybe even not seeing anything) for 30-60 seconds when you get downed, as part of a "knocked out" stage. 

The issue with that's that most people RP shit that will never lead to their death, i.e a broken leg, road rash, a few cuts, and etcetera.

• Upvote 1

+1 I really like this caveat here. This helps address NRP radio use in a shootout but gives you some avenue of RP for lets say desync clapping yourself on a bike. I have had many instances lately where my texts start getting spammed "help I ran into a pole next to Mors" I get there and find out the person in question has desynced into a pole. Doesn't make sense to me that can use a phone which takes more effort than lift my hand and press one button on my radio to say "help I am injured" (with proper RP of being injured of course). I agree that the most realistic thing would be to not be able to use either BUT then MD would be useless cause no one could call for MD help if they were injured alone. End of the day this is a game and play ability over realism at some points should be considered.

I do agree tho that the NRP radio usage needed to be addressed and are happy that this attempt was made to curtail that. Sometimes things just need fine tuning to be perfect. I think the quoted suggestion could be a good one.

• Like 2

There was absolutely no reason to change it.
If I'm injured somewhere and i'm not catatonic, I'm going to be screaming my head off, not doing my best Ying Yang twins impression.

If I can use my phone, I can use my radio.

This didn't need changing, we just need to enforce the rules of when it's appropriate to tweak the freq and press a panic button.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Massive +1, frustratingly inconsistent realism in the script as others have pointed out.

Can fiddle around with your phone but can't hold a button on your ear and talk? Bonkers.

Solution isn't to remove phone use as the medic job would get ruined, just revert this update and tell people to go to forums when NRPing radio changes during shootouts.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.