MrSix

Re-introducing the ability to talk over radio while injured

+1

I have a character that doesn't have a phone and adverse to technology... I've found myself now laying on the ground, staring at the stars, waiting to die for 30min.

Is it possible to make it so you can't talk on radio if there is an individual within *range* of you, that you can't talk on radio? Or just make it so you can't 'VOIP' radio, but you can /r (not /rlow) it.

Edited by Xoza

I for one think that this change made shootouts much more realistic, and you will no longer hear ten voices gravely injured giving verbal aid and instructions to their still fighting teammates. The previous way of things made it seem more like a TDM Lobby than a roleplay server. The victims are now left to call 911, and roleplay injuries, as they should've been.

• Like 1

I for one think that this change made shootouts much more realistic, and you will no longer hear ten voices gravely injured giving verbal aid and instructions to their still fighting teammates. The previous way of things made it seem more like a TDM Lobby than a roleplay server. The victims are now left to call 911, and roleplay injuries, as they should've been.

I don't disagree with you and that is why I support Hoxton's previous suggestion of allowing radio use when your mode of injury does not include guns. In the case of a shootout there is no problem with not being able to use a radio. It is for those situations where you are alone and the non ability to use radio takes away all of your role play avenues where I feel it is appropriate to discuss tweaks to the already implemented system. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, now they just do this.

24NwRgoh.jpg.2a9e9c229eb0f982ede9e1fe4d9c25dd.jpg

Script shouldn't be used to enforce rules against a targeted subset of the playerbase who allegedly break a rule often, especially when the script affects something literally everyone uses. Let the proper channels be followed when players NRP.

Also crazy that the inconsistency of being able to use your phone but not your radio seemingly doesn't bother you.

• Like 1

I believe the function was removed to improve and promote better quality roleplay, being able to use your phone and not radio is a valid argument, yes, the system has inconsistencies but removing the ability to use your radio is a relative gray area, what if my phone died and my only resort is to use my radio to save my life? As previously mentioned people usually shout and give callouts over the radio while gravely injured which to me has a counter-effect, you are most likely to get shot and 'finished' for using it rather than not, if you really value your life you are going to focus on getting help, not telling a group of people about the whereabouts of your enemies rather than your location and seeking medical attention.

+/- maybe we can reintroduce the usage of the radio while injured with some guidelines in place, for the better or worse.

• Like 1

In a previous server update VOIP was restricted so that when you are injured you could only whisper. Using the text chat to /s is circumventing that script limitation. Therefore people shouting while injured are only contributing to the NRP of the shootout situations that may have led to this script change in the first place. When you are downed you should be role playing your injuries accurately and with what makes sense. Why would I be shouting locations while I have been shot multiple times? Has anyone seen a gang movie? people shot aren't calling locations. At most they do a quick "that way" and then go back to being concerned with their own GRAVE injuries.

The reason I support the changes that I stated I support is because I support having role play avenues if you are injured (outside of shootouts). Just yesterday on my civilian character was ran over by a car near bank. I immediately called 911. Someone was nearby I asked for help - they refused and instead looted me with no roleplay and ran off.  I laid there for 10-15 mins with absolutely 0 role play to bleed out because a MD unit never accepted my call. There has to be avenues left or created for players to not have to sit with 0 role play to just bleed out. If I am able to call a medic I should be within reason (and proper roleplay) be able to at least say "guy's I have been ran over by bank please come help" and then go back to roleplaying my injuries.

I am in NO way supportive of increasing or supporting culture where people are shot 3-4 times and sit there giving call outs and telling people to grab their gun. That is totally unrealistic imo.

• Like 3

I can see a lot of you discussing the shootout situations. Let me just clarify that this suggestion does not apply to people being shot, as I stated that's NonRP. This suggestion is only for people who got injured in other ways, where talking on the radio wouldn't necessarily be considered a Non-RolePlay action. (E.g when you've been hit by a car, drove into a pole, fell from a small roof, ...)

Edited by MrSix
  • Like 3

I support this. I see why it was introduced but I think it could be altered to not being talk after being shot or after severe injuries. However I do think that you could speak on radio after having a broken leg..

Edited by Thunderboss
  • Like 2

Big +1 here as well.

Police and EMS were just told that they are also not allowed to use the panic button on their radios if they go down. Apparently this was "missed" when the radios were disabled and will be getting turned off down the road.
If they are going to say you cannot talk on the radio or press any buttons on it, then you also need to disable phones. This is a horrible game breaking design and violates reality, thus breaks RP Realism.
IF, and this is a big if.. If they add in scripted injuries for accidents, like hey I have a broken arm.. Then and only then should scripted disabling of the radio be done.. You would need to disable both the radio and phone if you have a broken neck, or 2 broken arms, or gunshot to the head. Any other assumption that the radios cannot be used, but a phone can, because I broke a leg is unrealistic.

Also, speaking of panic buttons.. They are small buttons that could be surreptitiously hit without the knowledge of anyone holding you hostage. unless they have taken your radio this is always an option.. kinda like the alarm hit by cashiers or bank attendants.

Any rules or script changes that violate realism should be considered enforced power gaming done by the devs. We should all report the devs for violating Rule 10 of the server rules.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Like 2

As previously mentioned people usually shout and give callouts over the radio while gravely injured which to me has a counter-effect, you are most likely to get shot and 'finished' for using it rather than not, if you really value your life you are going to focus on getting help, not telling a group of people about the whereabouts of your enemies rather than your location and seeking medical attention.

+/- maybe we can reintroduce the usage of the radio while injured with some guidelines in place, for the better or worse.

I'm all for this. Because if someone shot someone in the leg, they can still use the radio.. And the person who did the shooting could hold you hostage and force you to radio you friends in to coming out. Like RP hostage situation, call your friends, tell them we left, if you don't, we will shoot you.. Fear RP says that he must now use the radio to make the call. disabling the radio because of a busted kneecap breaks RP.

I'd really like to see it so when your cuffed/ziptied you cant use your radio and when your hands are up... that would be good change, as it happens more often then it should a person will be under gun point and we will hear them . "I'm near X location, send help im being robbed" in that instance generally you shoot em, but when its ""I'm near X location, send help im being arrested". Well cops cant shoot you, because instantly we get reported both ic and ooc.... so limit radio use while hands up, doing any animation, (under fear rp, which is impossible to limit scriptly), that as it is straight up powergaming to use a radio in your ear, if your cuffed, and secondly your under fear rp... so yea..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see that we should be able to atleast Call panic as EMT on duty its more realistic tbh then grabing my phone out and making a call and then wait for response then reply to it . 

It really can be modified it lot of ways and with the bullet wounds added can make it more realistic and easier for us then not being able to say that i got broken leg or bruised arms

Considering all feedback, this is what I can possibly see happening:

• Allow radio usage when injured. (no shootout)
  • Disable radio + phone when the subject who's injured has bullet wounds. (Radio and phone could scriptly be turned off and you could stop the player from turning them on for the duration of the injury.)
  • Disable radio + phone when in certain animations (such as hands up, /down) or when cuffed where it is unrealistic to talk on the radio or use your phone.

I believe this way we're eliminating the NonRP rule breaking but also keeping it realistic.

Edited by MrSix
  • Upvote 4

• Disable radio + phone when the subject who's injured has bullet wounds. (Radio and phone could scriptly be turned off and you could stop the player from turning them on for the duration of the injury.)
  • Disable radio + phone when in certain animations (such as hands up, /down) or when cuffed where it is unrealistic to talk on the radio or use your phone.

I believe this way we're eliminating the NonRP rule breaking but also keeping it realistic.

Adding in limitations via the script, which restricts and takes away the option for creative roleplay for the entire server, shouldn’t be the solution to combat a certain few rule breakers.

To me only the first bullet point sounds realistic.

I would disagree Pheonix, what kind of creative rp would allow you to use your radio whilst cuffed or in the hands up position?

As is stated in the rules or at least it was in the last iteration, that if your downed your dying and need to RP as such, being shot repeatedly you would be in pain if your lucky enough to be conscious. 

My issue is that players do not understand that cops have the ability to put players under fear rp, they choose to ignore both tazers, pistols and heavy weapons. I know that this is turning into a rant but what happens is we will have guns drawn and people will talk on their radio and all we can do is /me grabs the mans arm and radio... guy keeps talking....

Anyways, I think this radio thing needs modification and updateing.

I would disagree Pheonix, what kind of creative rp would allow you to use your radio whilst cuffed or in the hands up position?

As is stated in the rules or at least it was in the last iteration, that if your downed your dying and need to RP as such, being shot repeatedly you would be in pain if your lucky enough to be conscious. 

My issue is that players do not understand that cops have the ability to put players under fear rp, they choose to ignore both tazers, pistols and heavy weapons. I know that this is turning into a rant but what happens is we will have guns drawn and people will talk on their radio and all we can do is /me grabs the mans arm and radio... guy keeps talking....

Anyways, I think this radio thing needs modification and updateing.

Could resolve this through reporting the players though right? instead of scriptly limiting people who aren't breaking the rules from radioing for example if his hands were up but the officer turns around to look at someone else or something

• Like 1

-1 to bullet point two. Bullet point two effectively renders MD useless in all shootout situations. If it is a PD vs Criminal shootout yes MD will be notified to come but if it is a shootout that doesn't involve LEO or anyone that will call MD then you are left to bleed out with no RP options whatsoever to save yourself.

• Like 1

@NeverMind i would never get to rp, then, as 9 out of 10 situations I could call admins for excessive /b or fear rp or non rp... im here to RP not to make form reports or sit in ooc situtations for hours. ( and believe me ive had some that last 2-3hours, taking up 20 players, standing there whilst someone doesn't understand what they did wrong.)

Yes i can report folks, but as I said, im not here to dicker in form reports, I am here to RP. "Nevermind" officers 99% of the time wont take their eyes off a person, as if you have your hands up your getting cuffed, meaning he is rping with you and focusing on you, and if I turn 180 from you, and im talking to someone, they are looking at me and will see you behind me moving. Perhaps if people RP'd a bit more instead of the "get it over with" mentality this would be different. I apologize I have strayed from the initial topic.

@krooks365 never thought of that, perhaps there needs to be a timer set then, from time of downed to when you can utilize your phone, would be like 2mins, then radio 8mins or something... not sure.

never thought of that, perhaps there needs to be a timer set then, from time of downed to when you can utilize your phone, would be like 2mins, then radio 8mins or something... not sure.

I believe when you are down, you have 3 to 10 mins to get help. Disabling the phone for 2 mins means you cut down the chance of life saving response to 1-8, and radio calls to 2 mins before "death", if they are even still alive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.