Jaquan Smith

Cops looting / frisking

24 minutes ago, Pablo Valdez said:

It won't because cops are very strong and they can call a backup really quick, that's not a problem.

That's just some nonsense. Even if a Police Officer is under attack lets say, there are rules that the Officer has to follow, one of them being Fear RP and placing under it someone isn't that hard, even outnumbering works just perfect. -1 to this suggestion due to hunting for M4s.

Just now, dawpi said:

That's just some nonsense. Even if a Police Officer is under attack lets say, there are rules that the Officer has to follow, one of them being Fear RP and placing under it someone isn't that hard, even outnumbering works just perfect. -1 to this suggestion due to hunting for M4s.

So only SWAT need to go with M4, cops supposed to go with pistol and taser like in real life.

32 minutes ago, Pablo Valdez said:

So only SWAT need to go with M4, cops supposed to go with pistol and taser like in real life.

Youre saying it like this already isnt being done. We have IC regulations for heavy weapon usage and not everyone has access to them. 

-+1 I like the suggestion and dont like it at the same time. It would put a bigger incentive on criminals to ambush us and hunt some of us down for our guns

Its already NRP to cop bait and it will be even more NRP to have squads of people ganging up on patrols to take their guns / armor.

This will also lead to more corruption, as people might abuse spawning weapons and taking them home then repeating the process.

One last thing, cops don’t loot criminals as that would be OOC Corruption since they are committing crimes on-duty.

Edited by kenichis

We need less loot RP, not more. We need less focus on money, guns, cars, houses and more focus on engaging and fun RP experiences. I see no benefit to looting cops. 

I'll be more inclined to favour this once the community in a position that loot RP is no longer an issue, but I think the only thing this would lead to is people purposely ruleplaying and baiting police into giving them DM rights so they can take their weaponry. 

11 hours ago, Pablo Valdez said:

Basically I don't get it, cops very very strong here with vests even when you hit them in their head. So at least we need to be able to loot them because they CAN loot us.

Responding based on your original suggestion...

• You can already loot and frisk cops.

In response to the added information about weapons.

• RP taking their weapons, they won't use them. If they do, they're powergaming.
  • Being able to take government issue weapons would just end up in cop robberies being 90% of the fights.
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, Pablo Valdez said:

Basically I don't get it, cops very very strong here with vests even when you hit them in their head. So at least we need to be able to loot them because they CAN loot us.

This doesn't even deserve a +1/-1 not only because it would promote non realistic scenarios but the way you see it makes me say

lol no

We loot you so other criminals don't. We do it so your weapons don't get in the hands of other criminals. We don't use your weapons. I hope you get it now.

Edited by TheCactus

As far as I am aware this was a thing back in the day, a senior member of the community could confirm for me, and they had problems of people cop baiting and killing people which is why it was made that they didn't drop there weapons. 
I wouldn't be opposed to this IF you could not rob a cop for his weapons I.E. hold him under gunpoint and take them OR instead of them dropping their guns, maybe when cops get killed, they dropped ammo instead? I.E. every time a cop gets killed in a shootout and he has 50 bullets in his gun, he might drop 5 bullets in his body? If your suggestion was implemented it would need to be reduced down to make it not worth getting into shoot outs with cops and prevent you from wanting to rob cops, but at the same time if it happens, you get a small reward instead of a radio and some food.

-1, but would change to +1 if they implemented it into a way that it wasn't worth you going and robbing/shooting cops, but more or less something that just happened.

-1 reason being, i don't see a reason we should be able to loot police, because there will just be even more shooting than there already is, and it will just be a complete warzone over who got the best loot, the direction its already going. 

This might be an IC suggestion, or not but i would though like to see the police to spread their guns out more. So a normal sherrif doesnt have some crazy weapons. Or a normal LSPD officer. Since they have armor and civs don't its pretty easy for them to take down a civ using a .50.

Edited by Mikkel Christensson

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.