Guapomese

Gangs should not be able to hunt down people for having their car a certain color.

+1 In my opinion I would consider a gang member doing this as Non-Roleplay as according to the rules "Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay." This seems very poor quality roleplay to me. Unless they asked if they were part of the gang and that person said yes when they were not. Then I can see valid justification to chase someone down or get them to change the vehicle color as they are impersonating being part of the gang when they are not part of it.

However choosing a certain color on your car does not mean you are impersonating that gang and has been something that puzzled me for a while as to why it seems that gang leadership promotes that kind of roleplay and why players feel the need to engage in such poor quality roleplay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If they hunt you down for nonrp reasons just report them. The new rule does 100% apply to this scenario:

• Robberies are to be conducted in a realistic manner and require the robber to have a reasonable in character motive. High risk, but little reward robberies are deemed unrealistic and should not be performed. Robberies should be performed in secluded areas where there is a low chance to be seen by witnesses.

Outfit / car color is not a reasonable motive.  Harassing someone about their colors is obviously extremely low reward as well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Just now, krooks365 said:

-1 IC issue. It's not Non-RP to protect my gangs colors by ensuring other people don't use it. It's a part of our RP and pride as a gang. What's the point in having gang colors if you don't protect it. 

I get that with normal CLOTHING but a car does not make any sense.

At the end this is an IC issue, most gangs will talk to you about your colours to help you avoid any issues in the future, but at the end, if a gang is fighting another gang and see their enemies colours, they will want to get them.

There is no restriction on what colours you use, but i think you should find ways to deal with this IC rather than looking for OOC comfort.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Guapomese said:

I get that with normal CLOTHING but a car does not make any sense.

How does a car not make sense? Most gangs roll around together it makes sense to have coordinating colors and even if it's not needed it certainly makes sense. Realistically if you moved to a new city and you noticed a large gang all in the same kind and color car would you really go get one if you werent a member of it? I always try to warn someone first if it's obvious they are new or not understanding what is going on. I only rob people if they are disrespectful. End of the day it's an IC issue. 

Edited by krooks365
  • Like 3

I think attacking someone for having a certain coloured vehicle is poor role-play. You wouldn't see a crip shooting at a car just because it's red in real life would you?

It's also counter-productive to not getting caught by law enforcement. See a bunch of red and black vehicles? Oh hey that's Triads!

I think the distinction however should be when it comes to uniforms because it becomes impossible to tell people apart otherwise. If someone is wearing a Triad mask for example, fair enough, force them to take it off and rob them if you got to.

But simply attacking someone with a red/black vehicle or red/black clothing, it's poor.

• Like 6
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 3

Color claiming in Eclipse is super stupid and needs addressing. I've seen people get pulled over and/or robbed for having a blue highlight on a car, or blue side-mirrors. It's super non-roleplay in my opinion. If a person is doing it to spite other gangs (See: Blatniaks color swapping to trigger/bait gangs), then maybe, but in general it's just kinda weird.

• Like 2

-1 IC issues
Street rules.. if you do not want problems you just change the color of your car and the color of your clothing..
We cant put everything in IRL side.. some stuff is impossible on eclipse gangs are recognized for mask and color..
What dont make sense in my opinion is you got chase for a lot of gang members and a lot of gangs and dont give a fuck about change the color of your car or what you wearing.. 
Fear RP? you broke that when some gang come to you and said for you do not use that if you dont wanna problems in future.. you literally dont care about your life because using blue/red/yellow/orange/green is most value then your life for you...

• Like 1

I'm telling you now, if the day ever comes where we stop asking people to change their colors, you're going to see a lot more civs being robbed simply for minding their own business. If Zetas go to war and you're driving around in blue and wearing blue and you get attacked, you'll have other complaints. If a shootout is happening and you wanted to "watch" wearing gang colors (This actually happens, people legit stand idle and watch shootouts) and you get shot, you'll have a new complaint there as well. My point is, let the IC issues sort themselves out.

No one's asking you to change your colors because we're "big badass blue" we're asking you to change because we don't want whatever freaky shit you're into to come back to us and we don't want the violence we partake in to come back to you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toretto said:

Color claiming in Eclipse is super stupid and needs addressing. I've seen people get pulled over and/or robbed for having a blue highlight on a car, or blue side-mirrors. It's super non-roleplay in my opinion. If a person is doing it to spite other gangs (See: Blatniaks color swapping to trigger/bait gangs), then maybe, but in general it's just kinda weird.

You're not gonna sit here and spread your fake news, saying we rob people over blue mirrors and stripes. Most people we've encountered get a story with why we "warn" them to change blue, and it's rarely because we don't want you associating with the color, it's because we want you educated on the risk involved with associating with the color. Plenty of "non-Zetas" rock blue. 

• Like 5

I understand how this would make sense in a "gang wars" video game, but for a roleplay server it's just too unrealistic. I should be able to drive around in a blue car without being chased just because I like the color. In real life, there would be millions of people who live in the city and it simply wouldn't be realistic for a gang to enforce the colors in an entire city.

HOWEVER, this would make sense in certain situations, like if someone rocking your colors comes close to or on your or an ally's terf. It would make sense to chase someone who is wearing all green and drives up to Grove street. It wouldn't make sense to chase a random person in the city because they have your colors.

In all, you can't realistically enforce your colors throughout an entire state.

Edited by WobblierDog15
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JayGamble said:

You're not gonna sit here and spread your fake news, saying we rob people over blue mirrors and stripes. Most people we've encountered get a story with why we "warn" them to change blue, and it's rarely because we don't want you associating with the color, it's because we want you educated on the risk involved with associating with the color. Plenty of "non-Zetas" rock blue. 

I've experienced this first-hand though? Obviously not everyone does it, maybe it was bad apples or bored members as there is not much to do (this was prior to the new robbing amendments).

The 'robbing people for wearing a color' has severely died down the past couple months. I wear blue all the time, Green and Blue are my two favorite colors. Both of them being gang colors actively right now. I get robbed like once a month. It doesnt happen that often anymore. Especially now with the public robbery rules. Plus the high risk vs low reward robbery rules as well. I think its over-exaggerated when people say "You wear blue you get killed/robbed". Most of the time its not even Zetas that rob you for wearing blue, its a rival gang thinking YOU are a Zeta.

I wear blue and green knowing I might get robbed by someone that hates Zetas. When a Zeta or WCA member sees me wearing blue they'll prolly scoff or just say something but 99% of the time they wont do anything.  

• Like 2

Wearing blue or green clothes, I get that. But my point is CARS, I wear fully white clothes and drive around in a dark metallic blue car. It's like they OWN all the shades of blue, makes no sense at all. I can understand the commotion about certain colors as clothes but not as cars.

Edited by Guapomese
  • Like 1

The amount of people saying "this isn't real life" or "IC issue" is honestly awe-stricking. To address the "this isn't real life" statement, it's a ROLEPLAY server based on Los Santos, which is based on the real city of Los Angeles. It's supposed to be REALISTIC. The fact that you're saying that shows your desire to actually RP.

Now on to the people saying it's an "IC issue"; if something is unrealistic, destroying your immersion as well just not conforming to the rules of reality, then it is my honest opinion that this is an OOC issue. You can't come up to a gang of dudes in-game and say ICly "I think it's unrealistic that you don't let people outside of your gang wear your gang's colours". That would be pretty damn non-RP to say wouldn't it? Seriously, If you put on a red shirt in the morning, is your first thought in your head that you better watch out 'cause you might be mistaken for being a member of the Bloods? If you do think that, I'm afraid you live in the late 80's/early 90's.

Edited by SaltyPython
  • Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.