Guapomese

Gangs should not be able to hunt down people for having their car a certain color.

-/+ 1

Gangs should 100% be able to enforce and protect their colour scheme, it's not only an IC issue with the pride one gets with wearing gang colours, but also a convenience to identify members (the latter applying mainly because this is a video game).

However, I do not like gangs claiming an entire range of colours. Stick to one shade or particular colour and protect/enforce that specific colour instead of claiming an entire range of colours. (Triads are an excellent example of this, where 90% of their members have the same shade of colour). I personally would go farther, recommending retaliatory action only be taken to those clearly trying to impersonate gang members, but I understand I might be in the minority when it comes to this last point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've seen these situations sooooo many times:
1st. WE OWN THIS COLOUR SO change your vehicle colour and give us all the shit u have.
2nd. /ooc why did you tried to pull us over????? you can't check our license plate numbers just cuz we drive a gang colour vehicle. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 5/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, Gekko said:

I've seen these situations sooooo many times:
1st. WE OWN THIS COLOUR SO change your vehicle colour and give us all the shit u have.
2nd. /ooc why did you tried to pull us over????? you can't check our license plate numbers just cuz we drive a gang colour vehicle. 

Nailed it.

Cant have it both ways.

When rowdy gangs start to shakedown the public over apparel or some other identifier they believe is theirs, the cops use those same identifiers to crack down on that gang.

Edited by K1net1K

Huge -1

gangs can have colors but shouldn't be aloud to claim that color so nobody else can use it. What they could do is add a function where gangs can tag their vehicles so they can track it if stolen? Even then not worth it. We all know that if u steal a gang vehicle and try to chop it, the gang is just going to metagame to find the chop shop but wont admit it. 

I agree, it will only take so many gangs until most of the unique colours are gone and then what do you do?

Its not very realistic either for gangs to all be identifying themselves so hard, in real life do you see groups of cars all painted the same colour driving around and robbing everyone or selling guns or drugs?

No, they all try to hide by having plain cars that blend in and don't look like they could possibly belong to a gang.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, Guapomese said:

Wearing blue or green clothes, I get that. But my point is CARS, I wear fully white clothes and drive around in a dark metallic blue car. It's like they OWN all the shades of blue, makes no sense at all. I can understand the commotion about certain colors as clothes but not as cars.

I feel you man.. I had one blue car as well... till zetas catch me with guns like 7-8 gangsters because I have blue colour car... haha this is so.. dumb. I mean I understant if I wear blue bandamas, clothes like trying to look like they look... but I was with suit and blue car and they just robbed my car almost killing me for stupid car colour haha

On 5/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, JayGamble said:

You're not gonna sit here and spread your fake news, saying we rob people over blue mirrors and stripes. Most people we've encountered get a story with why we "warn" them to change blue, and it's rarely because we don't want you associating with the color, it's because we want you educated on the risk involved with associating with the color. Plenty of "non-Zetas" rock blue. 

the "warning" my buddy encountered today was more of a threat, if he didnt change his bright blue pearlescent there was going to be problems. IC issue but still its annoying.. IRL a gang member isnt going to tell me to change my car color because its blue. I feel like this type of stuff should be considered power gaming.. I understand if your gang or any other gang just wants to warn someone about the color and risk involved with it.. let that be up to the owner of the car if they want that risk of being robbed or shot at... but thats not always the case.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AG_Innocent said:

the "warning" my buddy encountered today was more of a threat, if he didnt change his bright blue pearlescent there was going to be problems. IC issue but still its annoying.. IRL a gang member isnt going to tell me to change my car color because its blue. I feel like this type of stuff should be considered power gaming.. I understand if your gang or any other gang just wants to warn someone about the color and risk involved with it.. let that be up to the owner of the car if they want that risk of being robbed or shot at... but thats not always the case.

Totally agreed.

If someone wears your colours with the intent of annoying, impersonating or acts like he is a member of your gang when he actually isn't, I get it, you do whatever you deem necessary.

I've seen people (I will not mention the official faction(s) since I do not want to slander them just like they do) pull up to new players and tell them to change clothes or the colour of their newly purchased vehicle because "it's a gang colour". How is that even remotely close to reality? Do gangsters or cartel members approach civilians that are rocking a blue ford fiesta or even a porsche and tell them to change the colour of their car if they want to live? If you introduce a similar scene in a movie, I would instantly go watch something that makes more sense such as Scary Movie. This colour issue was there when I first joined the server but now it's a problem only between the soldiers or those gangs that are new to RP or never cared about behaving realistically.

Now you can rob someone if he looked at you in the wrong way and if he does not comply you can kill him, I simply don't care; but please let's keep it real.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, krooks365 said:

-1 IC issue. It's not Non-RP to protect my gangs colors by ensuring other people don't use it. It's a part of our RP and pride as a gang. What's the point in having gang colors if you don't protect it. 

Totally agree with the gang color protection thing, but don't force the players to not use those colors. I'm not into gangs and stuff but I like red, I always liked it. On Eclipse mostly all of my care are or was red. I got pulled over by gangs so many times, I was threatened so many times over a color. In the end, which color should I use when mostly all of them are already used?

On 5/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, Pelle said:

-1 more restrictions to criminal RP is the last thing we need right now. 

Then let's restrict the civilians RP, just to have a much better criminal RP on Eclipse. Makes better sense?

Blue is used, red is used, green is used, orange is used, black and white are used... We, the poor civilians, don't have so much options to choose from, right? And why? Just because the criminals on Eclipse want to play free, without thinking at the civilians. Maybe we want also to play free and to have some fun on the server, right? Like all do.

I had a red Seven-70, the perfect color for a sport car, which was like a magnet for the gangs. I had a red Cheetah, which in RL is a Ferrari, the gangs were all over me. I had a black and a red Baller, the same. Even with my red Youga, a damn van, the gangs pulled me over and tried to intimidate me in order to change the color. Now I'm driving a red Kamacho, is the same damn thing. I even went to the LSC and asked them which color should I use to keep the gangs away from me. Even they didn't know what color to recommend...

In real life I will never ask the guy from dealership which color is gang free, which color should I use for my car, because... it's my car! If I choose red and I will involve myself in a gang situation, shootout or police chase, it's the risk that I'll have to take and to support all of the consequences. But if I don't wear any of the gangs colors and I'm just driving around in a red car, doesn't have to bring me a lot of heat and to ruin my immersion on Eclipse.

As for the gangs... Be real and just warn the civilians about driving in a gang color car, be nice with them and recommend them to change the color, but don't intimidate, rob or be rude with them. There are so many gangsters on server, you don't really need to engage also the civilians!

• Like 1

Sadly, the whole criminal scene is a huge joke on Eclipse, and gang members especially look out for people wearing the same colour as them for specific reasons, but I think they do it mainly because they might confuse you with someone else in the future.. which would be possible if they sticked to the RP. If that person got injured or killed in the late run, so be it, take advantage of that and give even more meaning to that act by spreading "Gang X killed civilian over color", followed by the Weazel News report... whatever. These situations should add more RP scenarios and ideas.

In real life you ain't getting hurt or killed if you're wearing the same freaking color as gangs, that's freaking hilarious, but if it is happening here, just keep the colors to yourself and don't change anything. If you get hurt or killed, you have a freaking reason to complain because that should not give gang members DM rights. It's a color out of the 10 main colors there are. If people get some sense into their minds, maybe that'll stop happening and gangs realize they can't be as tough as they currently are. 

Just an opinion based on facts.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rykarch said:

Sadly, the whole criminal scene is a huge joke on Eclipse, and gang members especially look out for people wearing the same colour as them for specific reasons, but I think they do it mainly because they might confuse you with someone else in the future..

It's not even that, I've been driving in the city and gang wearing blue (we all know who) pulled me over and started asking do I have a mask, I said no i'm not in a gang. 
Then he proceeded to push that I have one and said "let me frisk you", I asked if he's joking we're in the middle of the road and I'm just minding my bussiness. Then he threatened me and I asked if it's smart to threaten offduty police officer, he got out and tried to pull his ak-47 on me.

Obviously I drove off and for the next 30 minutes i had 8 blue cars chasing me around the city lol. And i know what you thinking, maybe I looked like a gang member? No I was driving my black diamon while wearing a suit.

• Like 1

Dont wanna necro but feel like I have to, because people here are just complaining and saying stuff for the purpose of complaining and saying stuff

First of all to all of you saying " you wont see this IRL " a simple answer is, you also wouldn't see so many different groups in the city as small as this ( size wise aka how long it takes u from triads hq to lsd for example ) and also bigger issue, characters. If I was able to have indefinite amount of usable clothing options or vehicle modifications on any vehicle I have I could make myself 100% unique compared to legit anyone else around me but as we are all limited to a specific amount of identical modifications/colors/clothing, and we encounter each other 50+ times a day as the city is traversed so fast, it gets quite easy for people to blend in with each other specially with gang members who preffer to have ie: fast 2 door for cop chases, so obviously they will be going for rapid/comet etc. and not a sentinel or moonbeam.

Second thing I'd like to address is the " its our color " ... It's not even about that, never was, as I have said above with limited character creation + clothing options + vehicle modification options as it is a game and not real life where new things are created daily, we are all limited to same things. So yes maybe I can recognize someone I've known for a while lets say Jay or Maria or Larry or Langley or Sanchez just by their voice, but at the same time there are people with voices that are not that specific and is easy to get confused if they are who you think they are or not ( specially with masked alts ). But the most important reason for this is because of the gang aggression. For example if a civilian rocking blue clothes/car does shit to an allied/neutral gang it causes not needed and time consuming drama for people from Zetas to deal with, or just in general does stupid shit which gives the Zetas a bad name. Same can be said for any gang, for example during wars or during any sort of aggressive behavior from any gang towards another whether its at a drug selling point, house raid, drug lab, or any other situation like that, entire wars can start over people wearing specific outfits aka faking a groups identity to sturr up shit...

All and all, there are more than 10 different reasons as to why gangs usually stick to a specific color, specially as they are growing up so they can be clearly distinguished and create their image in the city and underground scene, but it is never just as a flex or show of dominance, its mostly to avoid dramas, conflicts and confusion between members of the said gang and allied/neutral gang members.

After all, I still believe and always will that it is an IC issue, if anyone ever wanted to fight for a color they could've and they always will be able to, there is a reason why some groups are rocking a color for more than 2 years and some groups lost it in a matter of weeks.. Stop taking IC into OOC, and start building for yourself ingame instead of on forums/discords

4 hours ago, Donovan said:

Dont wanna necro but feel like I have to, because people here are just complaining and saying stuff for the purpose of complaining and saying stuff

All and all, there are more than 10 different reasons as to why gangs usually stick to a specific color, specially as they are growing up so they can be clearly distinguished and create their image in the city and underground scene, but it is never just as a flex or show of dominance, its mostly to avoid dramas, conflicts and confusion between members of the said gang and allied/neutral gang members.

After all, I still believe and always will that it is an IC issue, if anyone ever wanted to fight for a color they could've and they always will be able to, there is a reason why some groups are rocking a color for more than 2 years and some groups lost it in a matter of weeks.. Stop taking IC into OOC, and start building for yourself ingame instead of on forums/discords

The only thing i have about this, that people target you only cuz of certain colour, not dressed blue but driving blue vehicle while wearing a suit and gangs already will hunt you. As I said, I've been in PD for half year and it was a common thing hearing from criminals "why did you check our license plate or searched my name, what's the reason?" If you represent a gang and you're known gang member obviously you're sus as hell.

That's my only point on this if people wants to keep this as IC gangs have no right to complain when PD follows/inspects them since they're known to have relations to gangs or even did crime many times... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.