Flucifial

Toll Cameras

Similar to speed cameras, add a camera at the toll that tickets players who pass without paying.

In real life, if people don't pay the toll a camera takes a photo of their LP and mails them a ticket along with the price of the toll.

Players who run the toll without paying are usually doing it in an unrealistic faction. I think players should get automatic tickets and also be forced to pay the toll and when the player finally pays the toll via /payticket, the $300 from the toll go to the operator since he missed out on it when the player ran through.

• Like 3

Personally think there’s enough speed cameras as it is. Yes it’s roleplay but it’s take a big chunk of fun out, there is  enough cameras in city. To expand that further on highways where players have some free roam, Dosen’t sit right with me.

Edited by DrizzyDre
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2020 at 7:31 PM, Flucifial said:

Similar to speed cameras, add a camera at the toll that tickets players who pass without paying.

In real life, if people don't pay the toll a camera takes a photo of their LP and mails them a ticket along with the price of the toll.

Players who run the toll without paying are usually doing it in an unrealistic faction. I think players should get automatic tickets and also be forced to pay the toll and when the player finally pays the toll via /payticket, the $300 from the toll go to the operator since he missed out on it when the player ran through.

Not a bad idea... only if its cheaper than gas. We spend enough money, lol. 

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

2 hours ago, Luxas said:

-1 should be an IC issue that SD should patrol the area to stop people not paying

actually, I like that idea. Honestly that should be how the speeding cameras are. I think the cops should do speeding tickets. They do, but not often. 

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

BIG +1

It will improve RP a lot and it's realistic. OOCly it will also prevent the guys speeding around with their Drags and Comet Custom Retros. Only guys who like to go 300km/h around the map will put -1. Going 300 km/h always is non RP if you ask me. Why? If you have IRL a supercar will you drive it always on the highway at that speed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaquan Smith said:

Stop trying to make the server too OP for PD and SD.

I am not saying that. I am just saying that there are a lot of cameras because everyone is speeding. Everyone is going 200km/h in middle of the LS and when they get arrested they are mad. Would you drive your car 200km/h in the middle of the town in real life? I wouldn't say so. Maybe this is a game but it's RolePlay and RolePlay is simulating Real Life. If we want to simulate Real Life we must keep the RolePlay at high standards so if the speed limit is 80 km/h then go 80 km/h.

True, if you pass a toll road in RL nowadays, they'll take a screenshot of your license plate and will send a bill to your mail. Should work this way too, it's realistic and makes sense. We also need way more speed cams, even highways. Either remove speed limits or enforce them, otherwise it's just pointless.

Edited by Trenix
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trenix said:

True, if you pass a toll road in RL nowadays, they'll take a screenshot of your license plate and will send a bill to your mail. Should work this way too, it's realistic and makes sense. We also need way more speed cams, even highways. Either remove speed limits or enforce them, otherwise it's just pointless.

don't forget that although this is RP it is not real life and there's reasons why they don't have to be exactly the same. speed cams on highways like cmon what fun would that be... the cams are only there to keep too much VDM from happening in populated areas. let PD chase highway speeders.

Edited by Cadet
  • NAY 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.