Phil McGee

Punishments To Harsh / Need to Expire

I think it would be a good change. Right now people do get a few punishments during their first month or so, not getting a ban. Then they will play for months, only to make a mistake and get banned.

While the bans for the most part are not permanent, i think there could be some leniency in applying bans to people who have clearly been playing on the server but have been avoiding punishments. 

If a person got a DM punishment 2019 JAN, continued playing for 300h and got another DM punishment on 2020 JAN, he gets banned. All this does is force the person to wait for the appeal to be accepted due to a relatively clean record and admins realizing that people make mistakes. But the person has already showed that after the first punishment he was being more careful.

I would prefer if bans were issued not just based on how many punishments of that type, but on the time frame in which the person accumulated them. The time, as per the suggestion, is at the admin teams discretion, but some subjectivity in banning people should be applied and not just a 6th non RP = ban.

It should be based on "whats the chance this person will break the rules? Is it the guy with a 6th NRP punishment in 200h, or the guy with a 6th punishment in 50h?"

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

I think it would be a good change. Right now people do get a few punishments during their first month or so, not getting a ban. Then they will play for months, only to make a mistake and get banned.

This is exactly right. Players new to RP are much more likely to get several punishments in the first month of playing and then a year down the line they'll catch a non-rp for something small and then get permanently banned

35 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

While the bans for the most part are not permanent, i think there could be some leniency in applying bans to people who have clearly been playing on the server but have been avoiding punishments. 

If a person got a DM punishment 2019 JAN, continued playing for 300h and got another DM punishment on 2020 JAN, he gets banned. All this does is force the person to wait for the appeal to be accepted due to a relatively clean record and admins realizing that people make mistakes. But the person has already showed that after the first punishment he was being more careful.

preach

Big +1

Like @Phil McGee and @CaesarSeizure are saying, a player can essentially get hit with a DM charge on his first week, then be a great and active RP'er for the next year, and then perma banned if they get hit with another DM. Totally agree with Phil's sentiment in the regard that if you play X amount of hours without a punishment, that the previous punishment be either voided or not weigh as much for the next punishment.

• Like 1

+1

Mostly because I've seen people's infractions from 6-12 months ago used against them in punishments. 

I feel that using that information against someone who made a mistake, maybe the same one was 9 months ago isn't fair. Therefore, having a record voided after a period of time based on the amount of gameplay to me, is a good idea. 

• Like 1

+1 it would be good to see old punishments expire after a certain time period, this would help with people who made mistakes in the past or were "baited" into punishments. 

Different punishment types could have increased time to expire, e.g. DM would take greater time to expire than a NRP. 

+1

i agree with this and i feel it would keep players around longer. inevitabily players who have been playing for a while are going to rack up punishments here and there as we are humans and bound to make mistakes. Under the current system some older players are walking on Egg shells as their next punishment could lead to a perm ban.

Maybe Major punishments such as DM could expire after 6 months and still have a limit of two before a ban. minor punishments such as NRPs would expire after 3/4 months but would be limtied to 4 before being banned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.