Phil McGee

Punishments To Harsh / Need to Expire

On 5/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, MrJangoon said:

+1 I messed up my Alog a while back and hae changed, but its too late to void the issues. Maybe if I showed good RP for a long time, it should void itself IMO

@MrJangoon

46 minutes ago, MrJangoon said:

-1 it is impossible for someone to rack up 6 nrps over 1 year. It only happens if the person is just unwilling to learn

Are you backpedalling right now?

Edited by Saif

2 hours ago, Phil McGee said:

Any dev input on this idea? What's the point in having amazing ideas if they are just left to gather dust, Amen!

I wish they were better communications between suggestions and staff/dev as over the time we've had some great suggestions with many of them not even been acknowledged, ultimately a better relationship would create a better community with more ideas and discussions forthcoming.

This is an amazing server so i want to see it only improve for that to happen it takes everyone to play their part.

• Upvote 3

On 7/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, apologisemeow said:

I wish they were better communications between suggestions and staff/dev as over the time we've had some great suggestions with many of them not even been acknowledged, ultimately a better relationship would create a better community with more ideas and discussions forthcoming.

This is an amazing server so i want to see it only improve for that to happen it takes everyone to play their part.

I can appreciate that you and probably other people would appreciate feeling more included and informed about developments within the server but the reality is that time is very precious. Time taken to answer questions and give feedback on suggestions is time that can be spent developing. Bug Reports are a little different in the sense that it's usually one post and very specific information so responding as they are resolved is straight-forward.

When it comes to this suggestion, it's probably something that the staff team would look at first since it concerns rules and then if it was something they wanted to pursue then it would go to development.

There's no intention to slight anyone's ideas and suggestions, it can just be sometimes that other things are being worked on as a priority.

I feel like every rule no matter DM or Non-RP should have 3 strikes and your out. 1st rule break = warning. 2nd rule break = admin jail (1-2 hours). 3rd rule break = 7 or 30 day ban depending on severity of the rule break and the intentions behind it.
However if a rulebreak is 2-3 months old it expires no matter the case (people can change).
This would result in only the consistent rulebreakers being banned.
Hacking/Cheating is obviously a permanent ban with no appeals.
As a criminal it is so easy to make a simple mistake especially if your not good with pressure for example hitting labs and getting rolled up on, your adrenaline does be pumping and it is so easy to make a minor mistake that other gangs will lick their lips and report you for it.

On my first month of playing in the server i broke DM rule as i was a newbie. 3-4 months later in an intense situation I make a minor mistake, resulting in DM#2 and getting a "permanent ban". It is pretty obvious in the reports im not going out of my way to break rules like some people on the server so why do i receive the same harsh punishment as them? Thats my thoughts.

+1

• Like 1

+1

Currently banned for being linked to my friends acc, not saying its not linked but his actions on his account to get banned where his and I had no knowledge of it, I put over 2k hours into the server alone and am a donator. ECRP was also my first server to ever RP on and I gotten a couple punishments on my way of learning but for the past 2 or so years once I got the hang of RP I only managed to get warnings, would be nice to see this topic go through.

1 hour ago, aadamftw said:

Yes +1 Also DM rights rule has to be reformed cause everyone hides behind it and think they are untouchable. I don't have any punishments so i don't say this to benefit myself. but people ruleplay that rule so hard.  

100% agree

2 hours ago, Dimja said:

+1 

Community bans, DSO and Cheating bans should stay permanent, but punishments as DM, Non RP, Fear RP should expire after given time

On getting DM 2 or Non RP #6 people should be banned for 1 month after the 1 month is up they should be put on probation for 2-3 months, if they pick up another punishment they should be banned indefinitely but can appeal down the line. If they manage to stay clean for 2-3 months any future rule breaks should go to 1 month bans. 

• Like 1

big +1.

Many friends that have been banned for some things that dont deserve a perma ban like NRP, some small DM etc. Feel like having a ban pattern like 1 month, 3 month 6 then maybe perma. Or a /warn system automated that when you get 3 warnings you get banned for "X" amount of months.

One ban I think is stupid that a lot of people dont understand is "server advertisement". A lot of people don't fully understand this one to a 100. Would be good to give them a temp ban of 2 week or a month and let them comeback because 90% of the people getting banned for this one want to comeback and know after getting the message "banned for SA" they fucked up. For example Michael a friend he got asked like 5 different questions that made no sense and in his appeal it showed him wanting to comeback fully to the server and play. And yet he got denied. Kitty Katson is another example that most likely would love to comeback. and many many more. 

Small issues should not be resolved with a permanent ban because they make a small mistake or did something bad. It will hurt the PB more then be good for it..  

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, Otmaan said:

Tbh i think the best thing ecrp could do is to make use of temporary bans like 24 hour bans to 1week/1month bans and use permanent bans for cases such as hacking and mass dms etc

Instead of making all punishments permanent this would help a lot specially with how easy crim rpers can get punished. 

Highly agree with this.

+1

I feel like people change, i have been in this perdicament, i was this a young teen, and i would get really annoyed by losing something in the game, this lead to a perma ban. I have grown from this and now i reappealed but the punishments stay on my record, this system would be a great idea

Edited by GGDude91

+1 but here we are 671 days later, this needs to be implemented already. I've just been permanently banned for a deathmatch that occurred half a year ago and a second one now, if this was sorted and made existent I wouldn't be banned and the server would be keeping a player who is always active.

• Upvote 1
  • hand 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.