Phil McGee

Punishments To Harsh / Need to Expire

2 minutes ago, highonquackk said:

i agree with this and i feel it would keep players around longer. inevitabily players who have been playing for a while are going to rack up punishments here and there as we are humans and bound to make mistakes. Under the current system some older players are walking on Egg shells as their next punishment could lead to a perm ban.

preach.

Hopefully something happens, however I believe that massive rulebreaks should still go punished. This should only be for punishments given as a new player or under 25K EXP. After 25K EXP I find it strange if you still don't understand the rules.

Personally, I know that I broke a lot of rules as a new player but got lucky. I hope people who were less fortunate than me gets cut some slack.

+1

I covered this a little on my discussion topic but I feel like the way it's setup, if you a criminal and you're actively fighting people, punishments are almost a given at some point. 
You only have to shoot somebody in the heat of the moment or not act a certain way when you've got a gun on you and six hours later on are on the forums six hours later explaining yourself.

In PD, it's a lot easier. You just to have to be able to justify the use of force. You only shoot when you or someone else is in danger. You are never actively looking to kill someone, so there is a safety blanket there. Criminals don't have that and they will get into situations where it's kill or be killed but if they don't act right in that moment, they are screwed.

I do PD and WCA right now and I can only half-criminal, because any punishment I get will affect me on PD.

Depending on the punishment, I think if you go a certain amount of time staying out of trouble, you should be able to apply to get a punishment overturned, even if it was legitimate and the appeal was rejected. You don't want to let people off too easy but at the same time, they are more willing to work positively with a more considerate punishment system. 

No reason why most player can't alter their behaviour and make amends for past mistakes. That being said if it's clear that a person can't conform to the rules of the server, they should be permanently banned and never allowed back. Playing with bad players, makes more bad players and a bad community.

The process must be reasonable and transparent, one we are all subject to and all aware of.

• Like 2

Just now, GOAT said:

I covered this a little on my discussion topic but I feel like the way it's setup, if you a criminal and you're actively fighting people, punishments are almost a given at some point. 
You only have to shoot somebody in the heat of the moment or not act a certain way when you've got a gun on you and six hours later on are on the forums six hours later explaining yourself.

In PD, it's a lot easier. You just to have to be able to justify the use of force. You only shoot when you or someone else is in danger. You are never actively looking to kill someone, so there is a safety blanket there. Criminals don't have that and they will get into situations where it's kill or be killed but if they don't act right in that moment, they are screwed.

I do PD and WCA right now and I can only half-criminal, because any punishment I get will affect me on PD.

Depending on the punishment, I think if you go a certain amount of time staying out of trouble, you should be able to apply to get a punishment overturned, even if it was legitimate and the appeal was rejected. You don't want to let people off too easy but at the same time, they are more willing to work positively with a more considerate punishment system. 

No reason why most player can't alter their behaviour and make amends for past mistakes. That being said if it's clear that a person can't conform to the rules of the server, they should be permanently banned and never allowed back. Playing with bad players, makes more bad players and a bad community.

The process must be reasonable and transparent, one we are all subject to and all aware of.

I totally agree with you, however no need to create another tiring process of appealing just put an automatic system which fairly does it, for example if 120 hours of playtime has passed on a player with no punishments/warnings given then 1 old punishment is overturned. (120 hours is an average of 2hours daily/2 month 4hours daily/month) using playtime as an indicator instead of dates as someone can go inactive for a month which wont mean he is not breaking rules anymore but just away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.