Jimmy Pegorino

Hiding ID's

So I've been on the server since may 2018 i think it was when i joined, I think we have seen new features come and go with bugs with it but that's why we are here to help out and iron them and post them when we find them, I think the ID's above our head should be removed and only shown if we hit the scoreboard button as it will hopefully sort out the meta gaming and make it more immersive for others and make it more rp for every one in involved, You then would have to ask for their licence or number to get in contact with them.

What do you think 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rockchuck said:

I don't think that its the best way to go about it. How would we report people? how would we pm people? I think a better thing would just be changing the way the MDC so that they cant look up by ID.

You can hit the scoreboard to get the id and really using the mdc you should be typing their names anyways

Edited by Jimmy Pegorino

4 minutes ago, Aieos said:

Idea sounds good. Then you bring up the "how do you report them argument" and now that alone kinda kills the whole idea.

They're pretty necessary in that regard. And sometimes it happens so fast you won't have time to toggle the menu to view their ID.

Well the id' mainly get metagamed normally this suggestion would help it and become more immersive, All you need to do is hit the scoreboard and click record while doin it job done, Takes seconds

Good idea, but it would be chaos if put in place. It's not practical and doesn't really benefit anyone in the end. I think the community is too big to have such a system in place, simply because player reports would be more difficult to do. In some cases, it may even be impossible to report someone. Lets be honest, there are some people out there that would try and abuse this to no end.

It reminds me of an archived discussion topic I made around 3-4 months ago where I did find aliased in general way too easy to metagame. I had the theory that people mostly wore masks, just to not get recognized by name tag. Removing aliases would actually have to make you recognize the person, which would make sense. Though, seeing the scale of players, removing tags completely will be an issue imo as reporting will be a pain, not to mention it might even attract people to make use of it. I still believe only having ID's and no more /alias would be great for immersion.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 2

Could you elaborate more on how you think its being metagamed at the moment? I'm pretty sure people don't use /pm to mg in that regard seeing as to they'll probably get caught not long after. However I'd like to see an example from you on how you think its being metagamed as I don't see any problem with the ID system as it is currently.

Unfortunately, we rely on trust here to not MG IDs. IDs are crucial for reports (both active in-game and on the forums). If there is no way you can ICly identify someone's character name, and no OOC fallback, there is no way you can report the individual at all. Also, many commands require the 2nd parties ID to function - making IDs only visible with the scoreboard open will sadly not remove the MG problem as people who want to do so, will just play with the scoreboard up.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:33 AM, rockchuck said:

I don't think that its the best way to go about it. How would we report people? how would we pm people? I think a better thing would just be changing the way the MDC so that they cant look up by ID.

+1 on that. the amount of times i've seen cops drive by and seen the *opens police MDC*.

Hell I was even farming once and randomly had an officer come up to me and tell me I need to pay my fines or I'll be arrested, it was only the once it happened that blatantly though.

So yeah, I also thing the police MDC should be done via full name only.

Edited by LBHagan

Law Enforcement should be required to have probable cause before looking folks up and what not. Using the IDs by law enforcement is meta gaming. 

IC wise, you could complain about violating your right I suppose. Not sure how that would turn out. 

IC lawyers? Can the player base solve their own problem here? I’m not sure is this is even possible. 

hiding the id's is a really good idea but how can we report people? i am totally agree on hiding it but there should be another way to report some people because it sometimes happens very fast.

i see some fiveM servers use a feature that you hit a button then you can see the scoreboard and the id's too. not sure how it works on rageMP

Edited by aXoL
  • Upvote 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, Jimmy Pegorino said:

So I've been on the server since may 2018 i think it was when i joined, I think we have seen new features come and go with bugs with it but that's why we are here to help out and iron them and post them when we find them, I think the ID's above our head should be removed and only shown if we hit the scoreboard button as it will hopefully sort out the meta gaming and make it more immersive for others and make it more rp for every one in involved, You then would have to ask for their licence or number to get in contact with them.

What do you think 

Yes please , no more name tags !!!!

13 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Yes please , no more name tags !!!!

I could.. probably support the removal of /alias...

Takes about a year for an individual to memorize the names and faces of 200 people though. But they're always changing and many very similar due to limited options.

• Like 1