Jimmy Pegorino

Hiding ID's

12 hours ago, Xoza said:

I could.. probably support the removal of /alias...

Takes about a year for an individual to memorize the names and faces of 200 people though. But they're always changing and many very similar due to limited options.

But would fix a lot of problems like MG and Non-Roleplay things .  

People should start to remember peoples face and more focus on RP 

On 10/20/2019 at 8:56 PM, LBHagan said:

+1 on that. the amount of times i've seen cops drive by and seen the *opens police MDC*.

Hell I was even farming once and randomly had an officer come up to me and tell me I need to pay my fines or I'll be arrested, it was only the once it happened that blatantly though.

So yeah, I also thing the police MDC should be done via full name only.

When we run someone's license plate, it's with the MDC. That's likely what is happening when you see that. Also happens IRL. That's not metagaming your ID. 

Anytime you have an interaction with a cop they have likely aliased you, so if I see you farming and I know your name, I might look you up by the name I've remembered you by (I wasn't the one that approached you on the farm). Same if you've gone to impound to get your car, you may have been aliased. 

16 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

I think the system should only show the ID above your head at a certain distance, mask or not, then once you get into roughly whisper range, it should show alias for non masked individuals. Alias shouldn't show up from 60 feet away

But you can recognise people from 60 feet away

6 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

In a car? At night? In a split second? The alias system is damn near MG in some cases

Well your suggestion is going from one extreme to another, GTA doesn't have enough distinguishable face features to make it easy to recognise people like IRL so I don't think it would work.

2 hours ago, Freclan said:

Well your suggestion is going from one extreme to another, GTA doesn't have enough distinguishable face features to make it easy to recognise people like IRL so I don't think it would work.

This is absolutely true. There are not enough ways to fully customize your character model to basically remove the need for /alias and IDs. Even from my own personal experience I was confused with another person for my first couple months on the server because we just looked way too similar.

49 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

This is absolutely true. There are not enough ways to fully customize your character model to basically remove the need for /alias and IDs. Even from my own personal experience I was confused with another person for my first couple months on the server because we just looked way too similar.

I agree with this also furthermore this would take away from the secure and ease of ability to track players from a staff point of view and also reporting other players. It may sound good in theory but ultimately not a implementable idea that would work in actual situations.