Chrisy

Re-introduction of Turfs

I like the suggestion but I have to question whether it would make any difference to the server right now.
I've made threads and posts before about the 'Council' and how it's bad for the overall criminal faction scene for the two biggest factions to be in bed with one another. As a result i've been called a snowflake and all this other shit.

I realised that those on top are quite content with being on top and don't want to do anything to risk that. In hindsight, I get that and I can see why, but then I see a suggestion like this and wonder, would a turf map or turf war system make any difference to this current setup? I just see the two biggest factions agreeing on this stuff, carving up the city and then it's the same thing just with more scripting.

IF it gets done, then you need to remove the static chop shops and the static drug labs and incorporate both gang setup chopshops and drug labs into this as well. Have the turfs as neighbourhoods i.e. Davis, Chamberlain Hills etc.. and each neighbourhood has certain characteristics which determine it's value. You could set up a chop shop in one neighbourhood but not in another if it didn't fit the area. You wouldn't get a chop shop in Vinewood Hills for example.

You'd have to pay to set the labs and the chop shops up, and other factions could destroy them. So you'd have to maintain them and guard them to a certain degree but the key element here is that only one faction would be profiting overall from it's use. Maybe Triads would be happy using a Zeta run drug lab for a bit, but then maybe they'd want 100% of the profit for themselves. Maybe The Wanted don't like Triads running their own chop shop when that's more their thing etc..

As for like gun smuggling, even as a cop, I hate the illegal dropoff thing. You scramble to get people together and drive to a spot where you think it is then wait there for x amount of minutes, someone comes by and sees you and runs so you move in only to realise you've wasted half an hour on a suppressor. I think personally a black market gun store would be a better idea. You've got the convenience of a gang run and defended location to buy from, but there is also the danger that other gangs or cops are staking it out.

Criminal shit like gun pickups, drug labs and chop shops need to be dynamic and fit what's going on in game. Not just the same spots all the time.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

Dynamic drug labs could also fix the issue of cops getting a supposed phone call to check out a drug lab location when there has been no one in or out of the lab in 2 ooc hours and all our phones are off. Big HMMM moments when that happens.

We get a ton of spite calls from people trying to use PD/SD as their personal army or revenge machine.

At the current state criminal rp is 10% of roleplay 90% of searching for something to clap and have some fun.

The counsil abuses the system as they have no advantage and any reason of fighting each other.

Citizen rp will come up as they will rp by themselves at other locations than the criminals are.

Numbers of people in the server will rise and a lot of people will start playing again.

Never experienced a turf system before,but if the dm rule applies differently on turf,that would be another great aspect.

HUGE +1

As the new kid, I quite like the idea of turf wars, I don't see how it can't be implemented with the current system, other than "Neutralities" - People/ gangs hide out at certain spots, but don't have nothing to fight for or defend, I'm constantly getting robbed, every day 😄 - Doing legal stuff, because the criminal stuff is "Too boring" - Or people won't fight each other due to "agreements".

I get making bank is good, RP is good, Crime is good - But when anyone and everyone is just robbing stores or miners, because they are bored and no "Bigger" picture going on, Crime goes down - I think having criminal locations in a set place is good, It's down to the gangs to fight it out, not devs to implement it, but you won't because you'd all rather get on make bank and rob the guy with no gun... Cus your bored.

In regards to the laptop thing... with ordering weapons, yer that's pretty shitty, especially on the cops end, I mean wheres the fun in actually being a cop, if you know whats going down and where, because the system tells you... Kinda boring really, totally agree that should be removed.

Turfs, sounds good, don't see why people can't do that anyway - Just claim an area, keep it, fight everyone or make them pay to use it, simple - Plus you don't have to rob everyone you meet, try recruiting them "Unoficcially" or summat... You know, be gangsters / criminals, not lowlife thugs with too much bank and no cares.

1 hour ago, GWXCORE said:

You do realize, the 4 biggest gangs of the server don't rob randoms or miners or whatever right? People constantly complain "zetas/triads/rooks/wanted robbed me when I was minding my business at the mine" no they fucking didn't. Stop lying

Guys driving round in blue... Robbed me, Crushed my car, took my bag, chopped a finger off and made me eat it... Granted I was trying to learn recipes for drugs, but I literally had nothing worth taking.... around 8 of them, against one guy, you tell me people aren't getting bored and just going after the solos...

Two days ago around 10 rooks robbed me with AR's because I asked where a chop shop was, I had the new player tag above my head, of course criminal activity...

That's two of the biggest gangs right there man... Tell me Im lying, I'll show the videos

Edited by Nightranger

On 10/31/2019 at 6:30 AM, GWXCORE said:

You do realize, the 4 biggest gangs of the server don't rob randoms or miners or whatever right? People constantly complain "zetas/triads/rooks/wanted robbed me when I was minding my business at the mine" no they fucking didn't. Stop lying

I witnessed rooks robbing farmers twice a couple of days ago but I was doing my thing, I am not SD and I could not go in 1v5.

You call them big but maybe they aren't feeling that big after all.

+1, never experienced turfs myself but god do they sound fun. Crims with this kinda content will just create a whole new atmosphere. Not sure if this has been mentioned but introducing "Unofficial Factions" again in a separate tab that has little to no perms, no f chat and is basically just a name for people to be able to capture these turfs - maybe you have to have a minimum amount of members in the unofficial factions to stop 1 person capping random points and stuff like that would be cool.

1 hour ago, Castro7 said:

Trash rp having to stay at ncz aswell.

Then stop doing it. There is no excuse in my head, in which I can understand criminals spending more than a few minutes at bank. The fact that criminals still utilize the bank for meetings, and as an ability to stay "safe" hurts criminal RP so much. 

Edited by JayGamble
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, JayGamble said:

Then stop doing it. There is no excuse in my head, in which I can understand criminals spending more than a few minutes at bank. The fact that criminals still utilize the bank for meetings, and as an ability to stay "safe" hurts criminal RP so much. 

NCZs became a meeting point sadly,and yeah rply is a trash behavior from us n im sorry,but in order to survive we gotta abuse that.The fact that the server doesnt give you guys something to keep you busy,makes you to just search for people to clap,making us not possible to rp at all as we have to fight 24/7 something that isnt realistic and wont help developing our faction.Both sides are lacking rp due the criminal system right now.Just to let you know jay you about to witness great rp from us in the following weeks! 😜

• Like 1