HaminLord

Intake & Release - New way for PD/SD and DOC to handle your legal belongings.

So, if you've ever been arrested on the server, or had any involvement in the arrest itself, you know that all of the items taken from a player being arrested will usually end up being deleted through the despawning of a cruiser, RPly it will be placed in an evidence room and whatnot, but at the end of the day. All items, legal and illegal will be taken away most likely forever from the arrested player. Although in real life, the inmate's belongings are usually taken to a storage area usually referred to as "Intake & Release", where it is locked up in respective lockers/containers until the day or time the specific inmate is released at.

My suggestion is that DOC, SD, or PD will be able to have a command usable at Bolingbroke, the command can be similar to this, /prisonstorage FNAME_LNAME which will open an inventory up, where the specific prisoner's belongings can be placed at. The script would then simply have that person's belongings spawn back on him when he is released from prison. Different volumes can be set up in different locations, for example, Mission Row and the Sheriffs Station can both have a storage volume for 20 Vol. per person, while Bolingbroke can have a storage Vol. of 50 per person. If an inmate also has a phone him, it can be RPly placed in the storage room as well, making the fact that you can't use phones in jail make more sense.

To better show why I believe this command can be useful, imagine that the following situation is taking place:
Jonathan_Mercer is arrested by 2 cops, while he does have an AK and an unlicensed pistol on him, which are taken due to obvious reasons. He also he 2 burgers, and a bag with 3 radios. As they bring him to Bolingbroke, they are able to hand him over to the guards which will take his belongings away and proceed to place him in jail, starting the prison time. Then, they'd be able to walk to a separate room in which the command can be accessible at, and RP placing Mercer's belongings in his own storage compartment, and can then do the command, /prisonstorage Jonathan_Mercer which would open the inventory up for that specific person's storage, a bag of sorts. They'd be able to place all of the legal belongings in it and then continue to RP the storage compartment as locked until the person's release.
When the time comes and Mercer's released from prison, the items placed in the prison storage, Intake & Release or whatever you wish to call it as would spawn on him.

I also believe this can pave the way for more roleplay opportunities, with corrupt Correctional Officers or Cops having the ability to take the belongings out of someone's prison storage for their own use and etcetera, Although putting themselves at risk of an investigation on where the belongings went to and etcetera. As well as less frustration when once's released from prison without anything on him, completely stranded until he gets a ride from someone on the highway.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 7

Hard +1 

I frequent the penitentiary and last time they confiscated my aunt's cousin's sisters mother's daughters friends mom's mask. They told me I'd receive it at the desk but when I rang up the bell all I heard was strange sexual noises from behind the closed door.

• PogU 1

Or possibly just 'freeze' certain items in your inventory while jailed so you can't use or drop them. Having to store all a person's inventory for when they get out wouldn't be practical script wise but a toggle for jailed players would be a lot simpler.

+1, great idea. I roleplay a DOC guard and many times when inmates get released, they ask for their items back, and many times we have to explain to them that they won't be getting them back because the guard that processed them is not able to give them back. This would be a great addition as any guard would be able to open their locker and give that person their items back. Especially with the new update to the masks, where they are an item in your inventory, they often get confiscated off inmates and are rarely returned to them as the dropped mask item is indistinguishable.

My thoughts on this to make it easier from a scripting perspective is to just give the players a prison inventory.  Once the player is released from prison his prison inventory is switched back to his regular one minus any illegal contraband.