TreMetal

Impound needs to be automated or some sort of a schedule

If the person has no outstanding warrants or tickets there is no reason the player shouldn't be able to pay the impound "attendant" to get your car out.  Just now I have waited an hour and 33 minutes. To add insult to injury several cops in tow trucks dropped off cars, but were unable to help get cars out.

Short of having it automated (which I think it really should be) having a set schedule where cops are to be there might work out okay (e.g. a cop is assigned with impound as their top priority between certain hours).

impoundsux.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

+1 Yes Please, waiting for my car after getting out of jail in a thunderstorm for 1 hour makes me want to play on this server even more! I don’t see why a person would “steal” any car from the impound anyway, it’s not like you have access to do so unless a cop or mechanic fails to do their job correctly.

This is a symptom of the fact that the city is so overrun by crime that there is seldom a period of time in which cops will be available for non-emergency calls. This includes ride-alongs, reports and vehicle releases. Instead of automating it, we should look into taking steps to give law enforcement proper tools so that they can introduce some real drawbacks to crime.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

This is a symptom of the fact that the city is so overrun by crime that there is seldom a period of time in which cops will be available for non-emergency calls. This includes ride-alongs, reports and vehicle releases. Instead of automating it, we should look into taking steps to give law enforcement proper tools so that they can introduce some real drawbacks to crime.

I think that is a fallacy pointing to something else. The way the current impound lot works now is just not reasonable for the size of the community. I believe having an "npc" desk where players just pay all their tickets and get their car back if they have no active warrants is more than reasonable.

+1

• Like 1

-1 to OP's suggestion. I agree with alexalex303's opinion as quoted down below.

The impound should not be considered a "main" priority for the PD. The 911 calls take priority. 

Also to not get your vehicle impounded, park it properly and/or buy a parking ticket. This will help to not get your vehicle impounded.

19 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YuSoHelpful said:

-1 to OP's suggestion. I agree with alexalex303's opinion as quoted down below.

The impound should not be considered a "main" priority for the PD. The 911 calls take priority. 

Also to not get your vehicle impounded, park it properly and/or buy a parking ticket. This will help to not get your vehicle impounded.

Why is it that PD always disagrees with suggestions that give people another option than waiting on them haha, can't you see there is a good way to do this that still involves PD but also allows a fix to the unreasonable wait times. We don't even put people in jail for an hour and a half yet you are expected to wait at impound. Also not all impounds are a person's fault, stolen vehicles used in crime get impounded too, I personally have had my vehicles stolen and parked at the bank when the person was done stealing the stuff. Saying "suck it up" is not constructive, do you have a suggestion that would solve people spending 50% of their average nightly play session sitting in the parking lot?

Edited by Wizzidy
  • Like 2

+1 there have been times iv'e waited over an hour to get my vehicle in the past. They say there was something major going on yet it's literally the entire PD on a single call that has been long handled just standing around providing scene management. I use to be EX pd as well and can tell you first hand this is the case as well.

Edited by gohena
  • Like 4

So there's reason why I disagree with this suggestion:

People tend to leave their vehicles wherever;
Robbers don't even care about being caught with their own vehicle.

Criminals don't care that their vehicle will be impounded for hit and run, reckless and so on, while in real life you would lose your car for that for EVER. I would like to see adding rule that you get caught 3x times with same vehicle and your vehicle is out of the game. This would decrease criminals driving supers and not even caring about it since they will get it back for 10 k from impound. (personally I have never heard of a gang in super cars going around and robbing people)

Also if there would be less crimes = less vehicles impounded = more time for officers just to patrol around, why officer should drop everything just to get someones vehicle un-impounded when you were the problem in the first place by committing crime?

Edited by Balastas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Balastas said:

adding rule that you get caught 3x times with same vehicle and your vehicle is out of the game.

I would agree with this to a point (not PERMANENTLY removed) if there were NPC vehicles around the map to steal but there is only a limited amount of cars that you could possibly steal to do crime in. 

I agree with @alexalex303 100%

Criminals don't care that their vehicle will be impounded for hit and run, reckless and so on, while in real life you would lose your car for that for EVER. I would like to see adding rule that you get caught 3x times with same vehicle and your vehicle is out of the game. This would decrease criminals driving supers and not even caring about it since they will get it back for 10 k from impound. (personally I have never heard of a gang in super cars going around and robbing people)

Also if there would be less crimes = less vehicles impounded = more time for officers just to patrol around, why officer should drop everything just to get someones vehicle un-impounded when you were the problem in the first place by committing crime?

Get some sleep broh. Ya talkin shit

Them leaving their vehicles everywhere could be solved by police impounding them, right now they do not because the system takes so long to get them back. In trying to make it sound bad you actually provided another reason why it is needed.

3 hours ago, Balastas said:

Wait time in an empty parking lot shouldn't be the deterrent for not committing crimes with your car. What you are talking about has nothing to do with the suggestion at hand.  If you want to stiffen penalties for doing crimes with your own car / leaving cars randomly about then make a separate thread suggestion. 

Automating the system could still have the penalties you even with your suggestions so I am really at a loss as to what your entire post has to do with this suggestion.  

And there reason why an officer should help (or automate it) is because you're playing a video game and people don't want to sit in an empty parking lot for over an hour waiting to get their imaginary car out of an imaginary impound lot.  Even in real life they would have some attendant at said impound lot and it would take probably a few minutes unless it was extremely busy.

Just for the record my character has done 0 crimes (outside of illegal parking), so do not try to make this some sort of criminals trying to get away with shit. I just rather not waste an extreme amount of time because I had to log out of the game when my car was parked at the bank.

Also, I suggested a time window for top priority for a single cop. You guys should really learn to read.

Making the impound lot automatic pretty much cuts out potential RP. It's also beneficial in other IC ways other than interacting with people. I don't agree that automating things is the way to go, especially on a RP server. I also don't agree to the whole schedule thing, because forcing players to play on a server and do a specific task isn't the way to go. There are other IRL things to consider and people may want to do other things.

Officers will eventually come to the impound lot and release someone's vehicle. However, 911 and other calls have priority and always will. Due to high crime rate, that can take a while. It also comes down to the point why a vehicle gets impounded. Most impounds are because people leave their vehicles in a NCZ for free parking. Sometimes people will say it's their only vehicle and they need it, but then why did they risk getting it towed in the first place.

+1

At the end of the day it's a game and waiting to get a imaginary car for 1-3 hours is no fun. Legit if it was a VIP perk to get it without needing a Policeman I'd get VIP. And could people stop saying everything removes rp as if that's bad, some rp sucks dick.

2 hours ago, Marca said:

Making the impound lot automatic pretty much cuts out potential RP. It's also beneficial in other IC ways other than interacting with people. I don't agree that automating things is the way to go, especially on a RP server.

This. 100%.

Slowly automating everything is pushing the server in a direction closer to GTA:Online rather than a roleplay server. Everytime I have to wait more than 30 minutes for my car out of impound I just get reminded I should have paid for my parking ticket, or not done something that would get it impounded.

Sure, it sucks waiting for your car. But you don't always wait such a long time, sometimes Phillipe arrives in seconds 😂

• Like 1

+1 

Yes, there is potential for roleplay for officers to un-impound the vehicle (though not much). I think the most fundamental aspect of why it should be automated is being missed. This is a video game and waiting 1-5 hours to get a car is appalling. Keep in reminder, the point of "roleplay" is to leave the harshness of reality for a world were every dream and fantasy is within your grasp. If anything make it like Mors where the NPC can release it after 3 hours or find a cop and he can immediately release it.

Edited by Tezhl

6 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

If PD wasn't so busy, the police could help out with stuff like this in a much more reasonable amount of time.

Honestly this is super not true, I've had officers boast about how they just ignore impound requests.... sorry but its not the action some pd people are looking for and holding everyone to Victor's standards isnt going to hold true. Again I don't think it should be immediately automated, I think it should be automated when a response has not been recieved in a reasonable time, like with city bee's... give officers 30 minutes to respond, if they dont then let the car go through automation.... its that simple... and it gives opportunity for RP without making people sit there for hours and hours waiting on a PD member to stop sending 20 cars to every call because they dont want to do it... 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:45 PM, Wizzidy said:

Why is it that PD always disagrees with suggestions that give people another option than waiting on them haha, can't you see there is a good way to do this that still involves PD but also allows a fix to the unreasonable wait times. We don't even put people in jail for an hour and a half yet you are expected to wait at impound. Also not all impounds are a person's fault, stolen vehicles used in crime get impounded too, I personally have had my vehicles stolen and parked at the bank when the person was done stealing the stuff. Saying "suck it up" is not constructive, do you have a suggestion that would solve people spending 50% of their average nightly play session sitting in the parking lot?

PD doesn't always have time for the impound lot, especially when there's a lot of crime going on, as said before. I personally go to the impound lot when I see a call or someone asks me to come down. Of course, not all officers might do so but you would be able to make an IA report for such.

But as already said, people leave their vehicles everywhere, break laws and other things. If your car got stolen and got impounded, ask an officer or go down to Mission Row. Your vehicle being impounded happened for a reason, most of the time. I think the fines for leaving your vehicle where it doesn't belong or parking tickets should be increased. Maybe this would stop people from dropping their cars everywhere. And yes, it might take longer sometimes, I've stood there myself. But 9/10 times your vehicle was impounded due to something you did yourself.

I think the constructive part would be in the post I originally quoted and in the line of text above.

Making the impound lot automatic would be unbeneficial to RP and stimulate the whole GTA: Online feeling where you got to have everything quickly. 

And please don't quote me on things I did not say neither suggest, @ "suck it up" as you stated in your post.

36 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

Honestly this is super not true, I've had officers boast about how they just ignore impound requests.... sorry but its not the action some pd people are looking for and holding everyone to Victor's standards isnt going to hold true. Again I don't think it should be immediately automated, I think it should be automated when a response has not been recieved in a reasonable time, like with city bee's... give officers 30 minutes to respond, if they dont then let the car go through automation.... its that simple... and it gives opportunity for RP without making people sit there for hours and hours waiting on a PD member to stop sending 20 cars to every call because they dont want to do it... 

People have outstanding tickets, drivers license suspensions and charges. We will not let them retrieve their car if such is the case. I think this should then be in the automation process and this is going to be a hard thing to do. What if you stand there for 30 minutes and it will state you can't retrieve your vehicle yet?

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.