TreMetal

Impound needs to be automated or some sort of a schedule

I really don't understand how this is even a discussion. It's common sense that people would not want to sit there for hours to get their vehicle out of impound in a video game.  Having impound be an automatic feature is a great idea and I think it's in bad taste that PD is making this out to be a "Criminals trying to get away with shit" type of post, it is not. Your vehicle can be impounded for plenty of reasons, not just crime, let's be honest. I watched a guy disconnect from the server and a tow truck yoinked his shit, why are we acting like this doesn't happen? We're all playing a game, we should be finding ways to make the game more enjoyable for the community, rather than constantly have this stupid ass "PD vs Criminals" Mindset. Half of you PD guys that speak on these threads were once criminals yourselves, get off of your high horse. I'm sure a majority of the community would agree that the current state of impound is not good. It's a great idea but it does not work in practice. It takes entirely too long and people get ignored entirely too much for this to be a player driven thing. People are not as dutiful as you'd want them to be. Sometimes officers will purposely ignore impound requests because they just don't feel like it, please understand this.

It's not cutting out potential RP in any type of way. The only RP the impound lot consists of is giving your license, RPing the payment and you're out of there. it's not a big deal and it never will be. The amount of automation PD has at their disposal, there is no room to talk about how the server doesn't need more automation.

+1 on this thread, this is an issue that needs to be looked at, impound is in a bad state.

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Like 3

+1 

Impound is a black-hole for Roleplay.

Sure, its roleplay, but as @MrUntouchable215 said Its really just showing your license and paying tickets nothing special or creative. It feels like an OOC punishment to everyone involved except the police apparently.

More than half of the time my car gets impounded its from someone stealing it. Increasing the punishment on crimes will not effect the car thief, because lets be real you don't get caught for stealing cars unless its while you are mid way through bobby pinning them. I have reported my car stolen and less than 30 mins later it was impounded by an officer  instead of returned to me. My worse experience was waiting an hour and a half for the officer to arrive, then he chases the guy before me for being wanted and I don't get help for another hour.

THIS IS NOT LIKE REAL LIFE AT ALL.  'to much crime and not enough cops' is not a reason you would receive IRL when trying to get your car out of impound.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, YuSoHelpful said:

please don't quote me on things I did not say neither suggest, @ "suck it up" as you stated in your post.

It was paraphrasing and I never applied it to you, it was just the general tone of the thread from some of the posts that if you don't want your car towed dont do crime. It was not intended to misquote you, as we have actual quote functions for that, it was only meant to impose that suck it up is not the answer we need a real solution to obscene times, that is why I suggested a hybrid system where PD could still handle this, but if a person has no outstanding warrants they could automated pay their tickets and be on their way.... 

I would be fine with having an automated system in addition to the current system. 

The hybrid system where you could pull it out if no one comes in a reasonable time. 

Maybe you could even increase the fine for the automated system to encourage people to wait for the PD.

I propose that the City funds a sub division solely focused on the impound. Where LSPD has direct contact with the division calling in for tows and what not and I propose to lead said division ! 🙂 That way we can keep the roleplay and keep the realism.

3 minutes ago, chinduwho said:

How about making the job 1 in and of itself ... Why should the police get the RP for this when they dont seem to want it? im sure tow truck drives / mechanics wouldn't mind release vehicles for people. after all police dont work at impound lots irl....

Just like I said!

4 minutes ago, chinduwho said:

How about making the job 1 in and of itself ... Why should the police get the RP for this when they dont seem to want it? im sure tow truck drives / mechanics wouldn't mind release vehicles for people. after all police dont work at impound lots irl....

Mechanics also do not have the time to do this. 

11 minutes ago, jowebb7 said:

The people that tow are mechanics that are roadside certified. 

Again, they do not have time.

Why don't we just seperate the responsibilities have citizens that only tow and work the impound and citizens that are mechanic and work in LS?

6 hours ago, jowebb7 said:

Mechanics also do not have the time to do this. 

BS I work as a mechanic and there are often times when we are just standing around because there are too many people on duty... it takes a lot less time to repair a crime than chase a criminal, mechanics could do this job better than PD easily... the only thing is there is something to the "catching criminals with warrants" RP, it is not frequent, but it does happen so the whole system needs to be looked at. There are a lot of answers and I think the one thing most will agree on is the current system is broken.

9 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

BS I work as a mechanic and there are often times when we are just standing around because there are too many people on duty... it takes a lot less time to repair a crime than chase a criminal, mechanics could do this job better than PD easily... the only thing is there is something to the "catching criminals with warrants" RP, it is not frequent, but it does happen so the whole system needs to be looked at. There are a lot of answers and I think the one thing most will agree on is the current system is broken.

I am also a mechanic and so your experience must be much different than mine. Recently we haven’t had enough people to even answer the mechanic request that have been out. In the last 48 hours that has changed because we have hired 11 new people.

Edited by jowebb7

15 minutes ago, jowebb7 said:

I am also a mechanic and so your experience must be much different than mine. Recently we haven’t had enough people to even answer the mechanic request that have been out. In the last 48 hours that has changed because we have hired 11 new people.

LSC vs Bayview 😛 Bayview has plenty of people on duty almost all the time... not offensive just saying that's why we have different experiences

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.