CaesarSeizure

Increase speed limit

I feel that right now the speed limits of 70-110-130 are too low for how much traffic the city has. If you drive the speed limit you basically have to stop at every intersection (every other if shorter distance) and it just doesn't make sense to have to stop so often.

With a higher speed in town you could avoid having to stop so often at traffic lights in town and outside of town or highways you can travel safely faster than the current speed limits, as again, there is a lack of other traffic.

The 70 speed limit in town is sensible. When people are going faster than that, they tend to end up in wrecks from lack of reaction time or desync issues. Add in most people just blow through red lights and you got even more potential for wrecks.

The highways could use a slight bump perhaps though a lot of the job vehicles and low end cars can barely reach the current limits. Having a semi with a trailer going 100-120 while cars fly past at 200 could end very badly.

I agree that it takes while to get through town at 70 with all the lights but safety is always first.

If we were actually being realistic, speed limits would be 60/80/100, not 70/110/130.  The limit is already generous IMO.  And the country road limit was already increased from 90 to 110.

Honestly, you don't have to follow the limit if you aren't an idiot about it.

Edited by Victor Einhart

On 5/16/2019 at 5:00 AM, punched said:

If you are not enjoying the fact that the speed limit is low, then don't follow it. Play smart and avoid the cameras if you want to speed.

Or don*t care and just accumulate 500 tickets and counting

I think given people's attitudes to driving and the amount of sports vehicles in circulation, increasing the highway and rural limits by 20mph each would be fine. 

I think 80 is probably a good number for the city personally. You aren't too fast but then you don't take the fun out of driving either.

Unfortunately an IC thing though.

+1

Make the speed limit like 90 or something, 70 is too low. I am getting like 10 tickets every day, and i make like 10-15K every day i play, so almost all of it goes to the tickets. Sometimes even more than i make. The tickets are 1.000 and 2.000 k its too daem much. Make it 500 and 1000 at least or less.  And dont put 2 cameras at the same place so close. If you get the one you get the other one also. Im getting like 2 tickets from 1 place and im going only lik 90-110 and i cant stop at time to not get the second one.

• Upvote 1

-1 I think the speed limits are fine the way they are.

What I would suggest scripting wise is an update to the traffic lights. The way they're set up now with the current speed limits, you pretty much stop at every single intersection so I wonder if the timing is a bit off. 

Edited by Aldarine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.