victorp1811

NCZ Farm's

Making farms NCZ so players don't get robbed, Also robbing farmers is highly unrealistic in real life!

Farming is a tough job dependent on nature and profits are not guaranteed. For so many reasons, produce can get affected leaving the farmers in financial distress.

Despite all troubles, farmers spend their valuable time in producing food to cater to the people at large. Without them, starvation will prevail.

So, people don't only respect farmers but must also ensure that they get a fair price for their produce and are able to meet all their financial obligations with respect.

Once in a while in life you need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman or maybe a preacher. But every day, three times a day, you need a farmer.

altjpfarmer2-jumbo.thumb.jpg.14bf08ca7a908275989c212d69cd3f2e.jpg

• Like 3

+1
Agree 100%

I got robbed today at farm twice within 2 minutes. A few minutes later two more people tried to rob someone at warehouse and it ended in a shootout. Very unrealistic and should be changed.

I imagine most of the gangs will fight this idea vigorously because that's where they do most of the griefing 

Edited by brentplaystv

+1, a lot of new players go to farming as their first source of money, yet despite the new player rule people still seem to run through and terrorize/rob/steal and ram vehicles and basically powergame new players into situations they don't want to be in when they are just trying to learn the game/RP life. Can be very discouraging to new players.

Hello. Asking for help as I am not very competent in intricacies of calving and loafing barns in Tasmania and may not know all the nuances. I act by the request of my grandfather, he`s got his own cows, 15 of them, kinda hobby, he loves to tinker with cattle and so he decided to build a barn for them. Can`t do it himself, wants to order construction, and since he is not very friendly with the internet - asked me to make a research, to ask.

37 minutes ago, denniks said:

Hello. Asking for help as I am not very competent in intricacies of calving and loafing barns in Tasmania and may not know all the nuances. I act by the request of my grandfather, he`s got his own cows, 15 of them, kinda hobby, he loves to tinker with cattle and so he decided to build a barn for them. Can`t do it himself, wants to order construction, and since he is not very friendly with the internet - asked me to make a research, to ask.

:wut: I have the slightest feeling that you are not very familiar with the internet, yourself.

To OP:
There's no good reason why farms should be an NCZ ICly, because an NCZ should be explainable ICly, such as many security cameras, etc.

That being said, I kind of agree that being robbed while farming is annoying on a level that it's getting stupid.

• Like 1

Most big gangs actually help the farmers. I've seen multiple groups of people patrol around farmgroups protecting them. If you feel like you will be robbed, carry a gun, have a friend go with you when you go to sell. Call the police if someones been robbed recently and ask for a car to watch over the farmers for a short while if possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kencyt_Portugalai said:

-1 Even if you are a farmer It doesn’t matter you can be robbed same as  in real life.

Personally growing on an 80 acre farm surrounded by half a dozen neighbor farmers i can tell you this.
Nobody i ever knew got robbed at gunpoint, nobody robbed us for our dairy or our corn.

BUT... 
We did have break-in's for a different reason (anhydrous ammonia)
One of the ingredients that is often used to cook meth.

If staff could figure out a way to tie that chemical into farming it would be much more realistic to rob a farmer. Instead of just coming out for our wheat and fishing poles.

Edited by brentplaystv
  • Upvote 1

You're putting too many assumptions connecting them to real life farmers that dont have much.  Farmers in dangerous places actually get robbed a lot.  If the farmers have stuff worth robbing, it'll happen. Simple as that.

NCZs make sense. They are places that can be ICly justified as protected.  A farm far outside the city and far from police presence? No.

Edited by Kai

Instead of the farm how about giving NCZ to the warehouse? Because many people including me are being robbed in the warehouse and not the farm. It kinda sucks when you have small space to get cover while they can surround you from outside the warehouse with no escape point. I kinda liked the idea of giving the farmer shotgun so they can defend themselves when gangs are robbing them in the farm.