John Nut

Private labs being completely murdered.

I think private labs should get fully removed from the server, however, before doing that, stores and chopping must get a decent buff so things are balanced for smaller crims that cannot hold a lab without getting robbed. Once that's done, create a self-refunding command like the attachments one and allow players to refund/sell their tables and vents and get their money back. Simply purge the server.

Players should focus on having interactions with each other, not hide inside a property and print money. Just get rid of the private labs and encourage people to do stores, chop cars and do other activities. Stores are fun, but they're not worth it at this moment. 

Also, now the Public labs are buffed, it makes total sense to use them instead of the private ones. I personally own a private lab and I only used it not because I don't wanna get robbed at public labs, but because it used to take so much time to cook there, but as of now, that's not the case.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, TheOwl said:

If you want people to do something else then you make the other options more appealing. You dont nerf the fuck out of everyone's most efficient means of making money.

The issue with that is that it's very hard to make something more appealing than a money printer in a separate virtual world. Nothing will compete with that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we've wrapped the server up in cotton wool for the best part of three years where people are overly insulated from taking a loss and having to find ways around a problem, rather than just punching through the meta solution.

Yes, there will be some clapping at the public labs and likely there will be some deathmatch punishments but public labs haven't been shit for three years and we've had people getting deathmatch punishments and there's been a lot of clapping regardless.

Forget it being about the roleplay for a minute here, which is the whole point to this type of server. The only way this shit right here works is if we all interact with one another. This ain't singleplayer where the NPCs give you quests to drive your experience. This ain't FiveM where you got NPCs walking and driving around making the world feel lived in.

This shit right here only works if we're all out in the world and interacting. The map is huge and even with 200-300 people, sometimes its a stretch finding people.

Private Labs were the single worst thing we've done on this server.
Forget development updates not coming, forget staff decisions, forget clap crews, forget dso videos, fuck all that. 

Absolutely nothing is worse than people being able to lock themselves in interiors and unless they're speds, they can print money and don't have to interact with a single other person. When in reality, all the other people outside are the ONLY people they can interact with.

Let people get their investment back for the equipment so private lab makers don't get double fucked, but yoink the private labs out of the server and keep them out. Nothing in the server should be that private ever again. 

Edited by Bala
  • Like 5

never cared for private labs, i appreciate making public labs viable. I've seen more people at labs in the past 24 hours then 2 weeks which has resulted in more fun! Whether that is conflict or gangs just chilling together. Criminals should risk making money not sitting away printing it!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

The issue with that is that it's very hard to make something more appealing than a money printer in a separate virtual world. Nothing will compete with that.

Agreed. 

Remove private labs as a whole, increase the pay for chopping and buff store/atm robberies.

• Like 4

This topic is now being limited to positive or negative feedback strictly about what the OP has posted. If you've forgotten, it's feedback on the changes made to private drug labs.

Any further slander, rude, toxic, or disrespectful comments made towards another player, faction, group, etc will result in a 2 week suspension from the forums and/or admin punishment(s). This also applies to any attempts to change the topic into another discussion without any merit, or relevance to the OP's topic.

Anything that is not relevant to the main topic, or is not a branch discussion that holds relevancy is being hidden due to irrelevancy.

Some people here are speaking loud about working as a community with updates, but those same people are also making negative comments about others in a non-productive manner (that's not how working together as a community works btw). That ends now.

40 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

That's fair but private labs are incredibly boring. Most people dont even like cooking. It's just the best means of making money. The nerf is essentially punishing people who've invested (a lot)  into a system they were forced into because there is no alternative means to making money at that pace anywhere else.

Edited by TheOwl
  • Like 2

As @TheOwl said, private labs are VERY boring, and I don't think anyone enjoys them, the issue is that there is no other solid way to make money so most criminal players were forced into cooking, I would rather rob some atms for a decent amount of money instead of mindless cooking for hours and hours until I can't take it anymore, sure banks pay very good money, but that comes with quite the risk.
I think at this point private labs should be removed completely with a /refund available, and instead chopping, store robberies, atm robberies income should be buffed, especially stores considering this update [Stores] Added automatic alarm once robbers leave the store
I think house robberies are fine as it is considering you get many valuable items, guns, ammo, boltcutters, radios and such
As of now you can make more money while hunting or road working than doing actual criminal activities and I find it quite sad, because hunting ain't much better, all you do is drive mindlessly until you fill up your car and get 30k in an hour or so with no interactions what so ever. I don't think people are angry because of the changes, but more of the fact that there is no alternatives they can turn to apart getting a legal job, hunting or other non criminal things. Changes to public labs are great, and I think there is not a single person who doesn't like it, if there were more alternatives than just public labs nobody would be complaining right now.
There is 2 sides in criminal RP, either you have 10mil or a general store, dealership or whatever with passive money income, the same "money printing" aspect can be adapted to businesses since those require no RP also and you just farm money while you are offline and there is another side who have max of 2mil in assets or cash and each interaction costs them up to 100k which takes many hours to grind back.

Edited by Sandiego
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

At this point removing private labs would be much better, giving everyone that has it options to refund the lab.

Then buffing the chops a little, removing the automatic store alarm again and fixing up and adding more criminal activities.  

This might be another topic but I was very dissapointed when I found out that the public chops was inside the labs. I was hoping they had a seperate location just like the labs. Adding more locations, more rotation. / You cant go labs and find someone cooking and chopping at the same time basically getting two birds one stone if you are looking to rob someone or whatever.

There is also bugs with the new chop system which I made a bug report about, something I hope can get solved soon.

As of now we feel very limited on what we can do. Stores are useless as cops will camp all the other stores when one or two store robberies goes off. 

Perhaps lowering the bank reset timers slightly?

Jewerly store robbery would be a cool edition aswell but is also another topic. 

As I mentioned a few pages back, I personally hate cooking and super rarely do it as I enjoy banks, house robberies or chopping much more. I also miss the fact that big gangs/groups could run stores daily, interacting. But with the automatic alarms that has made it nearly impossible to hit more than 1-2 stores without waiting another hour before cops relax. Adding more options would fill this gap in my opinion.  I completely agree with San diegos ideas.  I understand the reasoning for alot of people wanting to nerf and remove labs, even tho i dissagree on it at this moment as I dont feel we have enough other things to do. Simple small additions and more jobs would be great.  With all this negativity, I do appriciate the new updates that has recently been comming out. House robberies, small fixes and changes to the server like Car wash. Even tho I never used the car wash more than once its still nice to see small things like that be implemented. All creds for the devs for things like that. 

Long story short, adding more things to do that is more consistant might fill in the gap off those private labs and give more stuff to do. more options to choose

I dont have more to discuss as iv said all that is on my mind. 

Edited by John Nut
  • Like 2

1min 5 seconds of full attention spamming to full up 10 water bottles.. plus the extra hear tables put out at pvt labs. This kills 100% pvt labs.. fear RP would state u cook in a private place. Anyway taking aside killing public labs property's and possible player count..

There has to be a happy medium this is going to hurt all factions including up and comming ones.. 

You could limit tables to only allow 250 per day or xxx # whatever that is.. taking over 3 hrs to fill up water and then have to stair at the table  or it over heats isn't fair to  People who have just currently set up labs spending millions or ding millions or have spent millions. Personally I've been grinding money towards a lab now I don't even care

11 hours ago, John Nut said:

This is a seriouse discussion, please no memes ❤️   A legal with 40 hours could be more than halfway to buy a nice shinobi. But a crim, tripple that time if not more 😄

The average legal makes between 4.5k-8k an hour max. It is common knowledge that someone grinding the bus job makes more than the chief of police in an hour. I think the reason this change was implemented boils down to 2 reasons. 1. The type of RP promoted by a solo lab isn't something we want more of on the server. IE: A single person Rping alone in a closed/cut-off area. and 2. The amount of money they print into the economy has inflated it massively. The current meta for a starting criminal is something like: grind cash for a 1g/Lab---> Grind cash for a Chop Shop-----> Grind cash for guns and Widebodys.  I don't think anyone wants the grind to be harder, but as much trolling as the roadworkers do, I'd rather see half the server rolling around in Vetirs rather than have 100/200 people online sitting in a house filling a water bottle. I think things that can be bad for the individual criminal can be good for the overall criminal meta.

If people truly do want private labs removed - just disable them and add a refund command as many others have pointed out already.  No matter what way you look at it, with the current changes to watering/filling water bottles, private labs are completely not worth it at any level.  What has effectively been done has already removed private labs, but has not allowed the players with heavy investments in tables/vents to get their money back with a refund due to a complete OOC shift/change.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, John Nut said:

My suggestion is to either add sinks back into properties where you can refill the bottles.

When exactly we had sinks in the server, or do you mean the bug abuse when you were able to refill water from the front door just because you were teleporting to a property which was above the sea?

Edited by AEEKAY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • hand 1
  • dead 2

The update is going into the correct direction, the drugs prices should go up when labs go fully public because of the risk of cooking in a public lab and playing a crim is much more expensive than PD/SD (Guns, armor. (100 AP and a AK will cost you +$80,000 while holding the lab and SWAT is waiting for the new player 911 call on top of the hill of palomino lab 😁) ) .

Edited by dRose22

If you’re going to add more “work” into something then please make the final product sell for a higher price. I am all for adding these mini games in to avoid from AFK farming, however I’m worried we will see a drop in any sort of solo drug rp with this addition. A good example of this would be the oil field job where the mini game was added but the price of oil never changed so we saw a drop in activity for that job all together. 

• Like 1

remove privet labs, let us grow weed in our properties with hydroponic equipment. add different strains, give drugs special effects. heroin = reduce damage taken by 10%, crack = movement speed +10% or anim/interaction speed +10%, make actual players want to buy and sell drugs to one and other ect. add more reasons for player interaction with drug deals other than just selling to NPC's with 0 player interaction.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kon said:

remove privet labs, let us grow weed in our properties with hydroponic equipment. add different strains, give drugs special effects. heroin = reduce damage taken by 10%, crack = movement speed +10% or anim/interaction speed +10%, make actual players want to buy and sell drugs to one and other ect. add more reasons for player interaction with drug deals other than just selling to NPC's with 0 player interaction.

I like this Idea Kon. Would be cool to have weed grows!

• Like 1

as a player from 2019 before private labs were even a thing, I can say it was a lot better before they ever existed, but there was a need in that time for private labs during covid when there was 500+ players on at almost all times and with the introduction of turfs it was highly needed, with that being said with the current turf decay/system it won't work and you will see gangs failing to maintain turfs, there needs to be a change in decay/edit of the turf system, I use to love the turf system but just like everything it has gotten stale and boring forcing criminals to constantly rob/stores or banks just to keep their turfs up and it's just way past repetitive at this point I don't think I've robbed a bank for my own enjoyment/fun since the turf system came out in 2020, its just something YOU HAVE to do causing more fun ruined and making it feel like a job every time I play to help maintain turfs. I'm not against them not wanting criminals to be filthy rich but with that being said for that to be plausible there needs to be a decrease in weapon prices dramatically stock price smgs for almost 40k that do virtually 0 damage compared to when the turf update first came out and micros under 20k and were actually useful. just remove private labs fully/finally edit import weapon prices or the damage at least something.    

49 minutes ago, Kon said:

If im not mistaken this was teased in the "upcomming" drug update. But wouldnt this bring back the same ol thing from priate labs rn?  Locked away in another dimension printing money with barely any interaction?

2 hours ago, AEEKAY said:

When exactly we had sinks in the server, or do you mean the bug abuse when you were able to refill water from the front door just because you were teleporting to a property which was above the sea?

I didnt cook back then, I was told sinks used to refill waters. I guess that was false xD. But would be a good edition if they would to keep the private labs at this point and not disable it.  

But at this point please just let us refund the tables and vents as we are being "double penetrated" as bala mentioned. Then work on some more crim additions and fix/improve/buff the other crim options currently in the game. 

Edited by John Nut

44 minutes ago, John Nut said:

If im not mistaken this was teased in the "upcomming" drug update. But wouldnt this bring back the same ol thing from priate labs rn?  Locked away in another dimension printing money with barely any interaction?

not really, because gangs would want to interact with people to buy to drugs = less printing money = more player on player interaction 

I'm all for these changes although I do think a command should be added to sell back the tables/vents that crims have invested loads of money into for private lab setups that are now near pointless to use. I also feel that with the nerfing of private labs to the ground it'll bring less production of drugs as whole within the community not to mention individually faction wise. With that being said, I feel there will be/are repercussions when it comes to the drug turfs for official factions, making it even harder for not just official criminal faction members but other crims on the server of getting their hands on guns/chemicals/tool chests. I think a tweak within the turf system of lowering the decay for said pharmacists/drug turfs or increasing the amount of influence drugs give would help balance things out to accommodate these changes. A good example to refer to would be the change made to chopping and how all of the different parts of a car add up to a substantial amount of influence for official factions when selling to the chopshop NPCs to gain influence. Whereas before with the old chopping system, cars hardly gave any influence and it felt near impossible to fully maintain a chopshop turf as an official faction.

Edited by Lightninbolt9
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kon said:

This idea! Private labs may be nerfed however this would help bring a different side into it, you'll still have to use public labs to cook, however this allows some form of use of a private areas bought and also increases the use of player interactions for the sales! 

• Like 1