MiguelGerrero

Increase the amount it costs to fix a vehicle.

I think it would be great if it cost a lot more to repair a vehicle, i think people would show a lot more care for their cars and it would add more realism. 

The more expensive the car, the more it should cost to fix it.

Supercars: 25k

Sports cars: 15k

Lower tier cars: 5k or maybe a bit less

Or it could be based on the actual vehicle value, maybe make it so repairing a vehicle costs 2% of the value of the car.

Edited by MiguelGerrero
  • Like 2

You really think that people will be paying 15k for a visual when they could enter an office / relog / park the car in their garage and get their car fixed instantly for free ?

I know that this is NonRP but everyone would be doing and lsc and bayview would be a ghost town

Edited by verydoge12
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, lenx said:

+1

I was actually about 2 minutes away from creating my own topic on this. So, that saves me the trouble.

This is a change that does not require developer changes.

This can be done entirely through the 2 mechanic services, Bayview and LSC. They can both implement a new standard for labor cost when it comes to repairing vehicles; proportional to the vehicles value and possibly even the amount of damage sustained (This will require the RAGE 0.4 vehicle damage synchronization, or it's just the honor system for the time being). I believe they should work with the admins to decide on the new standard costs. It's not gonna be well received at first, but I think it's gonna be a good change that is going to help people fearRP their vehicles more.

Parking your vehicle only visually repairs it. Engine damage is persistent. Though you have a valid point.

I don't think its a good idea to let the mechanics up the labour, because then every mechanic would become super rich. I think it would be best to increase the base value it costs to repair a vehicle.

Edited by MiguelGerrero

5 hours ago, verydoge12 said:

You really think that people will be paying 15k for a visual when they could enter an office / relog / park the car in their garage and get their car fixed instantly for free ?

I know that this is NonRP but everyone would be doing and lsc and bayview would be a ghost town

Have you guys read this guys reply and understand what he's saying ? He pretty much closed the topic with this reply which we all agree with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 I agree people are careless with their cars as it stands though will also say like some people above me that I find the prices you set forth a perhaps a little bit steep.
This would be a nice change.

Supercars: 15k

Sports cars: 7.5k

Lower tier cars: 2.5k.
(All my opinion)
Perhaps we could make a distinction between the visual damage that doesn't affect performance of the vehicle and the kind of damage that does. Keeping visual repairs at roughly the same cost.

I don't know about this one,

Considering all the lags, bugs, and slow loading of objects, sometimes I require fix every few hours which I don't have a problem doing for the RP sake of it, 

But as a not so rich guy, paying 15k just to fix my sport's classic will be a nightmare, Not to even mention the lower tier lads who would need to pay 5k to get their car fixed, it could cripple someone, as such people will prefer to wait the fix out, reconnect, or any of the other meanings just not to pay such big sum of money for a simple rapier.

Perhaps a bit more thinking into think would result in a better idea.

There is already a offer that fixes your car engine and will charge you depending how damaged is your vehicle also it gets more expensive depending on the type of car. Its called Engine Repair /mechoffer 1. It has not been working since we switched to RageMP. The system already exist it is just not in effect and people have forgotten about it.

+1

In agreement with original posters original thought. I wouldn't say $15k, but should definitely not be $100 or $250 (when engine repairs work again).

This likely needs Sync to work properly as well so when you garage a vehicle then ungarage it, it's still damaged the same way you put it in.