Osborn

A Character Kill System - /ck

Pretty simple.

Can we please get a character kill system where admins have the ability to use the command /ck.  

No one can be forced to CK, they can only CK on their own will. If the admin approves of the CK, they can use the command which will then disable the player's character, making it inaccessible, and then giving them a free character slot so that they can make a new character.

That's what a CK is. Your character dies, and you start a new life. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't think a CK should be a total disablement of your character. When people have worked hard grinding away on script jobs for money over a significant period of time, that shouldn't all disappear for the sake of roleplay. That's just too greater loss.

I believe a CK should be able to be forced in certain circumstances, however a portion of wealth and assets can be transferred from a CK'ed character to a new character. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeanThompson said:

I don't think a CK should be a total disablement of your character. When people have worked hard grinding away on script jobs for money over a significant period of time, that shouldn't all disappear for the sake of roleplay. That's just too greater loss.

I believe a CK should be able to be forced in certain circumstances, however a portion of wealth and assets can be transferred from a CK'ed character to a new character. 

Transferring assets from one character to another is not against the rules, but not supported by staff. 
If you know that you're going to CK your character, have a friend help you transfer the assets. 
It could, however, be against a faction rule, like the LSPD doesn't allow it. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, inorigj said:

What it should do is clear your /alias and others should see you as stranger. And you will leave all factions. That way you keep your stuff but you at the same time are a New person. 

This. Something to reset alias as if its a new character

+1 - accidentally typing it wouldnt do anything bad since it'd take time for it to be approved and it actually gives weight to the decision to ck. You wouldnt need to worry about completely starting over since you would be able to transfer your assets to an alt if you had a good story behind the transfer. 

Either this idea or the idea of clearing alias and leaving factions would work, but the second option might be a bit of a ballache to code

-1 on any regulations CK related until PD stops making it the only way to resolve a record.... Locking down CK would just another troublesome to increase ooc authority of law enforcement.... Unless an alternative is in place I cant respect it.

• Like 1

+1.  I don't think assets should carry over as that seems very non-rp to me.  You can create whatever story you want, but you're magically appearing with assets that shouldn't be yours on CK.  I don't believe he suggested PD be in charge of it, so let's stop the slippery slope.  Staff having to approve the CK is good enough, albeit more responsibilities for them.  I agree that it should wipe aliases and everyone's alias of you as well as leaving any factions you're apart of.

50 minutes ago, Reckless311 said:

+1.  I don't think assets should carry over as that seems very non-rp to me.  You can create whatever story you want, but you're magically appearing with assets that shouldn't be yours on CK.  I don't believe he suggested PD be in charge of it, so let's stop the slippery slope.  Staff having to approve the CK is good enough, albeit more responsibilities for them.  I agree that it should wipe aliases and everyone's alias of you as well as leaving any factions you're apart of.

We are advocating that staff shouldn't pick and prone what RP is acceptable for a CK. In your case, if you buy something via the donation shop should that be stripped? Given it's an OOC purchase? 

53 minutes ago, Reckless311 said:

re-read my post, i never said PD would control it, however PD currently has the ability to lock people out of jobs, licenses, and pretty much existence with no legal check in place. Making a system that justifies their current mentality of "just CK" is not something I want to have happen until that situation changes. That is all.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, inorigj said:

What it should do is clear your /alias and others should see you as stranger. And you will leave all factions. That way you keep your stuff but you at the same time are a New person. 

yep this is exatcly what is should do +1 to this -1 to the original

24 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

If there is no oversight by admins, you will have situations where people will CK only because they want to get rid of their aliases and have a clean record without any asset loss. +1 to the original suggestion

What's wrong with that if that's how they wanna roleplay it.  This is more or less just punishing roleplayers just because others aren't happy they don't have more.

5 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

-1 mate , -1... its still a game , not real life.

"it's still a game" is a terrible way of analysing a situation for a roleplay server where realism is central.

+1 for original post.

Edited by MrSilky

4 hours ago, Tezhl said:

We are advocating that staff shouldn't pick and prone what RP is acceptable for a CK. In your case, if you buy something via the donation shop should that be stripped? Given it's an OOC purchase? 

From my interpretation, Osborn wants a system that allows good roleplayers to get CK'ed by getting a completely new character, as opposed to just changing your name by paying credits or 25,000 (if it is your first time). 

I don't think the suggestion involved getting rid of the current system that allows people to pay for name changes and essentially clear their record. It is rather an addon that admins can do with the approval of the player on the spot to add to the RP.

+1 to this

If this were introduced, I believe that the name change to clear records/debt should be fully disabled as well as this is currently being heavily abused.

I'm all for name changing for rp reasons such as joining a new family e.g. Wong to Chang but this should not clear records etc. 

Changing for reasons outwith rp such as clearing your criminal record to get a legal job on a crim is poor rp and essentially ooc abuse of a system. 

End of all /CK could perhaps not lock the character but have it remove all stored aliases for the character and others, then clear the record and provide a name change. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.