ChocolateRabbi

Server Wipe upon moving to RAGE

Suggesting a server wipe of assets for all players upon changing to RAGE. This will encourage new players to engage more with the server, rather than scaring them away by seeing a huge wealth gap. Current government jobs should be held through the change, as to not ruin the current services that they provide.

Please add further suggestions below.

Edited by ChocolateRabbi

People who played so long on the server and contributed so much shouldn't have anything removed. With Rage I believe we can have alot more assets like houses or property (which makes money) for example.

Also, players put alot of real money into the server, so it shouldn't happen.

Edited by Com783
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 IF there was a rebalance of the economy. A wipe is a great idea but without changes to the economic systems, the same issues will occur in 6-12 months time. I don't think there is enough time between now and Rage's release to have a wipe & balance the economy, and I can't see the developers doing it after Rage due to the influx of new players.

Most people that are against the wipe are too concerned over their own invested time, which is understandable, and not the overall economic health of the server. This will become a huge problem at one point or another, it's just whether it's addressed now or later :D

Edited by SoloSmith

As Smith said, I am all for wipe if there are major changes to the economy, first we need to set up rules to prohibit transfering money/assets between characters and/or make it so that a player can only have 1 business on all their accounts, to prevent monopolies like we have them now.

Without changes to the economy this is a -1 from me

• Upvote 1

I’ve put a lot of time and money into my account. I think it would be really crappy to say the least if older players lost everything. I’d really give up if it came down to that. We shouldn’t lose anything, if there’s new players, then there’s New players. If I’m playing to just lose everything, please tell me now because I’d rather not waste my time or put money into the server anymore if this was the case. 

• Like 1

-1 For me as well. Even with an economy revamp, I don't know if I'd want to invest my time again to get what my characters have accomplished. I don't RP anywhere else, so to lose what I have played/worked for would definitely be a huge disappointment.

Personally I don't see how people owning nice things would scare away new players, I feel that it would give them something to work towards.

If everyone is driving a white Warrener again, Los Santos would be pretty boring if you ask me.

• Like 5

-1 even though a lot of people has reached the 'top' doesn't necessarily mean that it should get a wipe. It's just too much time going down the drain, as many would call it. It would also be hard to build up the individual relations between each person on the server. I personally think it would ruin and destroy a big chunk of the server.

I do support the suggestion to wipe all the old people, who are inactive and haven't been online for months.

• Like 2

Like @Bomixer said "I do support the suggestion to wipe all the old people, who are inactive and haven't been online for months." Because their properties that could be sold but they are mostly taken and without a scripter we cant get new ones so inactive people like 3months+ without getting on should be wipe but not the whole server.

• Like 1