Driqz

Drug labs suggestion

Give the option for people the put Drug tables in drug labs and using it like the drug lab table itself(doesn’t heat up and don’t explode)

That will revive the labs again with groups cooks and provide RP to crim again at labs, and it will not be easy to because you will have the chance of losing the tables to other crims or Cops

This can be implemented in two ways.
1-Make a buildable zone inside the lab to place tables in

or

2- add 5 slots to the current lab table Inventory and everytime you add a table the timer will be subtracted by 15s

example (Current timer with no added tables 90s with one table added 75s the time with the full 5 tables in would be 15s )

This will work very well for bringing labs back without ruining the current indoor labs setup 

feel free to add any more suggestions on it 

Edited by Driqz
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 31

I agree +1. I also think some of these lab materials need to be moved back into the labs, if not all in some way that they can't be abused. Perhaps a supply cabinet that has a very slow restock rate, or has materials that can only be used within the labs. Perhaps the static lab and home lab systems can be distinct and independent form one another but create the same final products. Another good tweak to the lab system would be a good thing IMO.  Though, I agree with the overall philosophy that min/maxable systems should be avoided, but I think the inherent risks of cooking drugs in the open in drug labs mitigates min/maxxing. 

• Like 1

What we could also see is lab supplies coming back to labs but make it so you cant use them anywhere outside labs to stop hoarding, we have lost some great RP opportunities and not only that cooking at labs was great way for new players to make money also gangs to lay claim on a lab to raise money for taxes/guns. 

I feel like cooking on this server has become so much of grind with very little reward prices don't fluctuate tables can blow up on whim, really not worth the risk cooking drugs in its current state from home labs to public labs the whole thing needs rework $600 dollars for LSD c'mon when it cost $200 to buy supplies from humane and another $100 for import, accounting for tables and vents, water, fetching water, bags, fuel and risk of explosion it's really not good.

Edited by apologisemeow

Labs were my favorite thing about crim RP. There was always unpredictable and fun experiences involved with them. It was never a dull moment. 

Now I pass through the labs, occasionally seeing a single straggler herding some weed plants. Deserted, gone. A wasteland. The labs and drugs have been replaced by the pier and fish. 

I believe an easy solution would be to create a new type of drug that can only be cooked at the tables in the actual labs. Create new ingredients that can only be used for that specific new drug and stock up the labs with those materials. That way people wont be able to just take the materials and use them at their home made labs. Make this drug super profitable to create to incentivize people to use drug labs again. Considering that you will need at least 4+ people to hold down the lab against enemies / PD it should be profitable enough to be split between 4 people and still be good money.

• Like 1

Agreed, +1. It feels like the drug labs are used for shootouts/ambushes anymore and less for their actual purpose; cooking drugs. I'm sure providing the tables/vents made it more accessible for an individual/a group of individuals. I don't think home labs should be removed, I think that the old system should be reintroduced with a adjustments made how the admins see fit. Group-cooks and holding down labs provided many opportunities to crim. characters. And with the current atmosphere and complaints surrounding "nerfs and buffs" being given to legal/crim., I think it would be both motivating and refreshing to those with crim. characters. 

• Like 1

In my opinion the server either needs to come up with a new system at drug labs or revert back to the old one. I'm not saying anything needs to be removed but something definitely needs to be changed.

I used to get a lot more rp at drug labs than I do now since they were a viable option for a criminal...as they should be.

Last week I spent 10-12 hours at a drug lab (Chilliad) over the space of 2 days. The most rp that I had there was from a new player stealing a mechanics bike and attempting to chop it.

+1

Edited by Charliepollock10