AEEKAY

Remove felonies/misdemeanors from /payfine & /payticket

When someone needs to check the charges (Felonies / Misdemeanors) or citations that currently have on his record he is using the /payfine or /payticket command anywhere around the map (the only requirment is to be next to a Police Station or a Police Officer) and information about his charges will appear on the chatbox.

My suggestion is simple

• In order to check the current citations you need to be at LSPD or SD station and use the actual PC (marker) with the current commands and a list with your current citations (ONLY) will appear. 

KXDPfVM.png

• As for the Misdemeanors and Felonies there shouldn't be any way to check them as they are not citations that you can pay them but actual charges that you need to serve time in Jail/Prison and pay for them if you get arrested

I feel using the current commands to check your charges when lets say a police officer performing a traffic stop on you its consider metagame and its similar like the "Check Status" at the Banks before it got removed.

Edited by AEEKAY
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

+1 To removing misdemeanors/felonies from /payticket. Its abused more than it should be. Instead I would like to see /checkwanted that uses an action timer and your phone turned on to check your status. 

-1 To removing /payticket from anywhere. I'm not sure why it should be harder to pay tickets.

Governments should encourage easier methods to pay tickets and find criminals. 

19 hours ago, HighTV said:

-1 To removing /payticket from anywhere. I'm not sure why it should be harder to pay tickets.

Never said to remove it from anywhere. You will still be able to pay ticket to an officer if thats your concern. All i am saying is to remove the Misdemeanors and Felonies from the commands and check your citations to PD/SD markers. 

-1 since there's no other way to check if you're wanted.

Realistically you would get a letter in the mail and telling yourself to turn yourself in with a list of charges. Right now there's no other way besides to do /payfine.

Implement another way to tell when charges have been added (besides having to talk to a police officer) and I'm fine with it being removed, but as for now -1.

Edited by Copperhorse

3 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

Realistically you would get a letter in the mail and telling yourself to turn yourself in with a list of charges. Right now there's no other way besides to do /payfine.

Implement another way to tell when charges have been added (besides having to talk to a police officer) and I'm fine with it being removed, but as for now -1.

Realistically you would go to court then get sentenced.

Changing what the command shows will stop Criminals metagaming their charges. 

9 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

Is there not a notification still on your phone (or ingame message) saying you have pending tickets/fines? You should just get a text message every time you log in, or every day (like the bank) saying you need to report to the nearest law enforcement department.

Edited by Xoza

Big -1 for right now. 
I understand the reasoning for it, but this would also make it so you can't see if you got a reckless operation charge. I know there have been times where I've been zooming and I hit a speed camera and have thought "Fuck was I going 150?" so I just go to PD to check, and if I was I turn myself in.  
If you take this away, without implementing some other way to check these charges. 
Granted I understand this is geared towards more violent crimes, but I still feel there should be some other form to check it without having to directly interact with PD. 
I can't speak for everyone, but I know whenever I'm pulled over, if I think I'm wanted I'll do do a /melow of checking the active warrant list on the LSPD website, then /payfine to see what my charges are, if I have any. 
I'm not too sure why you would think it's metagaming, if we can see our parking tickets and that isn't considered metagaming, we should be able to see our other charges and it not be called metagaming, when it is something that's allowed by the script. 
Much like how PD does with people who have unlicensed weapons on their back "If we see it scriptly, we see it ICly." 
Same applies right now for charges I think. 

If you can think of another way for criminals to check their charges, then it'd be a huge +1, but all I see if a problem without a potential solution.

• NAY 1

+1 Along with the possible implementation of one of the following:

1. A public wanted list. This would allow criminals a way to also check if they are wanted as well as promote a form of "head hunting" roleplay should somebody want to go down the avenue of assisting LEOs with information that may lead to the arrest of a wanted criminal. I

2. A private wanted list. Only those who do the command or whatever else, see if they are personally wanted. In reality people would be very well aware if they are a wanted criminal and I believe that we should be sure that criminal roleplayers on the server have the ability to be notified if this is the case. 

• Upvote 2

I think this would be a reasonable solution to the metagame issue. Criminals were concerned we used their IDs to metagame via the MDC and that was removed. I think being able to tell if you are currently wanted or not when you wouldn't have that information is unrealistic and it should be removed.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.