DadJokesAreDumb

AFK IN PRISON SHOULD BE ALLOWED

Honestly i'm probably not the first to say this, but they should allow AFK in prison. The reason I say this is because the time that I will sometimes get in prison is crazy. For example, 4.5 hours. I have to role play in prison where there is usually no one for 4.5 hours. Now this can be fun for about an hour, but after you've had that fun, it's over with. You have to sit and wait for something to happen. I get it, it's RP and you can just sit and wander off in real life, but maybe there could be a max sentence of 2-3 hours or bring back AFKing. I honestly think that it's bad enough not being able to play for a little bit when you were having fun with the people you met in the city. BUT FINALLY AFKING SHOULD NOT BE A PERMANENT BAN. Honestly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have noticed that when people do not AFK in prison they get to interact and role-play with one another and it allows other factions to be involved to. It may be frustrating to be in prison and be forced to always move, role-play and not allowed to be AFK especially if you are 6 hours in jail, it sometimes happen, but the server is to promote the role-playing and that's what we need!

• Like 1

you could RP turning on the television and watch a movie on your second screen, when someone bothers you just jab a pool cue in their neck.

I've had some great prison RP with RP'ly beating up people and stuffing them in trashbags

Be creative in there and you'll have fun.

Edited by NM369

It's not much of a punishment to just run Rage in the background while you can play other games, go for a walk, eat a meal, etc. etc.

I do agree the compounding time resulting in hours in prison is a bit much. But, the point of jail is a punishment for getting caught doing crime.
If you can just tab out and completely ignore Rage for that time, it's not a punishment.

• Like 1

I agree with this suggestion, but to a certain point;

Instead of just allowing people to afk, introduce a new command - /afkprison. You can only use this command if you have a certain amount of time in jail (i.e, this command is only available for people who have a long time in jail, like 3 hours or more). This command will place you in another dimension (or you're put into solitary where people can't interact with you), and you can only use this command for a certain amount of time (dependant on the time you got, for example, if you get sent to prison for 6 hours, you can use afk for 3 hours).

This would hopefully cut down on the boredom due to the time spent in jail, but it would also hopefully prevent people from just straight up AFKing the whole time in prison (which would remove prison RP completely).

• Upvote 1

I think you should be allowed to afk prison time but ic'ly to do this you should ask a prison guard to lock you in one of their many cells. Jail time is a IC punishment and should not feel like such a drag to a certain extent OOC. We're all here to have fun and I don't think afk'ing permission in prison only takes away from the punishment. Those who want to RP in prison can do so and those who do not can sit in a locked cell.

The problem with prison is that you can't have fun rping for more than 2 hours cmon you can't rp for 6 hours straight in prison when there's nothing to do, there is no cast system there is no formed gangs and so on... This server should focus more on paying back victims for crimes and so on not just punish criminal and that's it end of rp there's still victims to give back their stuff/money and so on...

Edited by SamuelGunn
  • Like 1

The prison needs more activities for prisoners to do.  Some prisons in the US use prisoners for basic labour for things like agriculture and manufacturing so there is realistic precedent for other kinds of "jobs" in prison.  However stamps right now are not worthwhile and need a rebalance because all the activities in the world mean nothing if it's pointless to do them.

You missed completely the reason why they put you in jail. You are not in prison so you can go afk, it is not an OOC punishment. They should add more activies and rebalance the stamps so being RPly active is something that can set you free earlier but if this was not implemented yet, that does not mean that the prison is a place where we want to enforce afk-ing.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCactus said:

You missed completely the reason why they put you in jail. You are not in prison so you can go afk, it is not an OOC punishment. They should add more activies and rebalance the stamps so being RPly active is something that can set you free earlier but if this was not implemented yet, that does not mean that the prison is a place where we want to enforce afk-ing.

I never played a criminal and I don't do crime in general, been only few times there so I'm not speaking for my benefit since I don't play criminal. But if you ain't stupid pro-police who can't understand that criminals are having way to hard and that stops loads of good rp (since criminals wants to evade in any ways since any rp interaction will give them atleast 2 hours of jail time)...

1- robbing players which is being seen as scumbag and you basicly don't make money.
2- making drugs and getting snitched on by other criminals/gangs while they haven't even been inside of the house and no way knowing that you're making drugs just because script wise you can't change the location - so you're being punished by approved PG in this server.

Criminals are losing guns, getting high fines, police impounded and on top of that easy 2 hours of jail time. Just because criminal tries to evade jail he will get atleast 2 hours of jail time, evading, reckless and public endagerment and if cop runs into your way that will be attempted murder as well just because you're doing what criminal is supposed to do - to evade police. I know no-one will listen because I know how corrupt is PD and how they don't give a shit about anyone else just taking everything to seriously cuz they want to boost their ego on server and pretend how awsome they're on the game. (talking from my experience and I know how toxic PD /f chats are on criminals and they just look reason to stack charges)

Edited by SamuelGunn

I totally agree with this I've spent 17 hours in prison in the past week and trust me, it's just ruined my week OOCLy having to login first thing in the morning and constantly be on my PC till night then go again the next day doing the same stuff and in that 17 hours I had no choice but to AFK and come back every 20 mins cause all people did was punch you for no reason to get some kind of reaction but other than that I did not encounter any real RP so the argument for the afk timer not staying is kinda bs cause prison RP doesn't exist and won't exist 

Edited by Fizzy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fizzy said:

I totally agree with this I've spent 17 hours in prison in the past week and trust me, it's just ruined my week OOCLy having to login first thing in the morning and constantly be on my PC till night then go again the next day doing the same stuff and in that 17 hours I had no choice but to AFK and come back every 20 mins cause all people did was punch you for no reason to get some kind of reaction but other than that I did not encounter any real RP so the arguement for the afk timer not staying is kinda bs cause prison RP doesn't exist and won't exist 

Exactly, and for the people that have not either worked at DOC/or been a prisoner, try being a prisoner and come back to this post.

Just now, DrizzyDre said:

Exactly, and for the people that have not either worked at DOC/or been a prisoner, try being a prisoner and come back to this post.

It's not only punishment for criminals, I was DOC sergeant a while back and most of the time you just get tilted since there's no rp in prison and if you try to do some rp people will just start punching you for no reason. But as I said this is a game Criminals = Police both work hand in hand to have fun in this game but somehow Police cant get that and punishes criminals way to harshly while police don't lose anything nor IC nor OOC.

2 minutes ago, SamuelGunn said:

It's not only punishment for criminals, I was DOC sergeant a while back and most of the time you just get tilted since there's no rp in prison and if you try to do some rp people will just start punching you for no reason. But as I said this is a game Criminals = Police both work hand in hand to have fun in this game but somehow Police cant get that and punishes criminals way to harshly while police don't lose anything nor IC nor OOC.

Yes sir, early last year I was captain in DOC of internal affairs, and I was SD for 6 months. I've also been a criminal on my alt. I've seen all three sides to it and thus forth why I agree AFK should be an option if you need it.

The fines with charges is another story for another time.

Edited by DrizzyDre

What they need to do is stop implementing updates before they are ready.. the prison update was so hyped yet it brought such little actual roleplay... poker is pretty much non-functional due to the insane amount of stamps required to play. There's nothing else to do besides mine tin. Selling stamps is practically useless. List can go on. 

Prison just needs more work. I'm for AFKing until actual RP is made at prison. 

I disagree with being allowed to AFK. I DO however think we stamps should be less useless (cant even play poker if i wanted) and if you die and lost your stamps you are so fucked. I also think there needs to be some updates to how charges are stacked and max prison time. The jail times can get quite ridiculous (anything 6+ makes me want to honestly quit at that point its beyond a punishment) especially since your stamps are useless. Also if there were other things that you could do in the prison to encourage rp. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are a lot of ways prisons could be improved

*Allow AFK or Offline time to go down - But it would still require you to spend a % of that time IC and there would be a minimum. As a lot of sentences are around 2 hours, that could be the minimum and just work from there.

*More activities - Allow prisoners to work their fines off in prison. Stuff like farming or mining (which is already in prison) or additional stuff like manufacturing. This could help the people in prison decrease the loss they get in money for their sentences, as well as provide an activity to do while in prison. Or allow the prisoners to decrease their time with these activities. The point is to allow choice as some value time and some value money.

*Allow non-violent offenders to serve community sentences - A new job that would require you to put in hours in the job, but you could serve your time outside of the prison and serve your time while also being able to interact with people outside. This could be implemented by having PD or SD look over the people who are allowed to do these jobs in a more secluded area, without forcing them to be stuck in prison.

Regarding the suggestion though i will say that i just dont want people to leave their PCs on through the night to serve out their sentences in full. Criminals already outnumber LEO and having criminals serve their sentences out IC helps a lot with decreasing the pressure around town

I believe ways to improve have been suggested multiple times, and the devs are at work with ways to help this out so best bet is to wait.

• Upvote 1

Honestly why any sentence goes beyond an hour or two really just boggles my mind. If you only have 3 hours to play a night you can easily spend one night getting processed and another sitting in prison doing nothing.

I don't see what the point of it being realistic is, I'm here to have fun not sit in prison all night whilst I watch Netflix on another screen.

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.