DadJokesAreDumb

AFK IN PRISON SHOULD BE ALLOWED

With the way the prison system is and what there is all to do in prison it can feel like there's nothing much to do aside from poker, mining or trying to break out being the common things. The prison system needs to see changes such as having inmates more to do as I think it comes down to people being bored turning it into a OOC wait around until the time is up situation. If stamps are still an issue there should be an easier way to get them or have things cost less.

With the current way the prison is, +1 to allowing to AFK in prison however if things were to be added to give people more things to do and interact AFK in prison should not be a thing. Keeping in mind, however, this is a roleplay server and people should try to make roleplay situations the best they can with what they have.

Edited by Chapman
  • Upvote 2

I get the realism aspect and the punishment for IC consequences but come on. Don't forget that this is a video and people who have jobs or school are not trying to come home to serve a 3 hour plus prison sentence. Prison RP is dead. No one talks and there's nothing to do. This is a video game at the end of the day. People want to have fun. 

+1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I completely agree with this and i don't see why it is not a feature. 

I just commented on another topic about prison and i thought i should say it here too. The title of that suggestion is 'Prison is depressing' and i completely understand where hes coming from.

I think you should be allowed to afk prison time but ic'ly to do this you should ask a prison guard to lock you in one of their many cells.

I agree with this 100%. There aren't enough activities to actually spend your time and have fun in prison, now i'm not saying prison should be fun because it isn't, it is a punishment after all. There should be more activities to do because as of now, you can either mine and get 60 seconds off your jail time, you can play poker or interact with other players. And in my opinion, it gets boring after a while.

Sometimes getting a 6 hour sentence for example is not fun at all, the first hour might be fun and all talking to players and whatever, but the rest is just boring with nearly nothing to do.

I'm not saying everybody in prison should be afk but they should be allowed to, people should just go in a cell and RP falling asleep (if you want to afk at least rp something) , I don't think you should afk and leave your house for example and come back in 7 hours, but you should be able to for a decent amount of time.

I think it would enhance both the RP of the prisoners and the DOC.

So I understand the want for the ability to AFK in prison, however, I will have to -1 this suggestion. I currently roleplay as a DOC guard and whenever I am on duty I actively promote and partake in roleplay with every inmate to provide as fun of an RP experience as I possibly can. As a member of the faction, I have duties to attend to and a certain hour threshold to hit. If prisoners were allowed to AFK their sentence and just not interact, that would negatively impact my own roleplay as well as every active DOC member who is striving to promote more roleplay. I will always be an advocate for more activities within the prison so it is easier to pass time while solo and I do hope we see improvements soon, even small ones like a decrease in the poker table buy in, but I just cannot stand behind the want to not roleplay within a roleplay server.

• Like 2

I've recently thought about it and my opinion has changed a little.

I think that as of now you should have the option to, only due to the fact that there isn't much to do if you have a long sentence.

I currently roleplay as a DOC guard and whenever I am on duty I actively promote and partake in roleplay with every inmate to provide as fun of an RP experience as I possibly can.

I am completely for that, and i understand where you're coming from. If i was a DOC guard i definitely would not go on duty if all people did was just AFK.

But i think a way to fix this is to add more things to do in prison, more activities. IC prison shouldn't be fun, but in my opinion its gotten to the point OOC where its just so annoying and frustrating, having to sit there for hours on end where your only options are poker ( which people rarely play), mining (which only lifts 40 seconds off your sentence) and interacting with players.

I feel like sitting there for a 6 hour sentence is unbearable with the options you have as of now, i personally don't get to play for so many hours a day ( 2 hours max) and sometimes i go to prison from monday and finish my time at the end of the day on wednesday. Which isnt fun at all in my opinion. 

I think we need more options, to enhance both the RP of the DOC and the RP of the prisoners.

All these +1s are pathetic, from people that in my honest opinion, are not here to roleplay and have fun but to farm money.

Suggest changes for the current prison RP instead of the ability to stay AFK. Personally, if I read the suggestion's title, I already know that it is never gonna be implemented because you either are here to play or get out.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 6:33 PM, SamuelGunn said:

I never played a criminal and I don't do crime in general, been only few times there so I'm not speaking for my benefit since I don't play criminal. But if you ain't stupid pro-police who can't understand that criminals are having way to hard and that stops loads of good rp (since criminals wants to evade in any ways since any rp interaction will give them atleast 2 hours of jail time)...

1- robbing players which is being seen as scumbag and you basicly don't make money.
2- making drugs and getting snitched on by other criminals/gangs while they haven't even been inside of the house and no way knowing that you're making drugs just because script wise you can't change the location - so you're being punished by approved PG in this server.

Criminals are losing guns, getting high fines, police impounded and on top of that easy 2 hours of jail time. Just because criminal tries to evade jail he will get atleast 2 hours of jail time, evading, reckless and public endagerment and if cop runs into your way that will be attempted murder as well just because you're doing what criminal is supposed to do - to evade police. I know no-one will listen because I know how corrupt is PD and how they don't give a shit about anyone else just taking everything to seriously cuz they want to boost their ego on server and pretend how awsome they're on the game. (talking from my experience and I know how toxic PD /f chats are on criminals and they just look reason to stack charges)

Still not a reason to turn an IC punishment to OOC. I'd rather suggest a way to reduce their time by doing certain activities instead of coming here to slander a faction just because you got kicked out twice. THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE.

If there are no new activities or a revamp for the stamps I would even agree with 1/5 of the time going down while you are not connected of you have to wait more than 2 hours since prison has also the purpose of keeping criminals off the streets. This would show people that only play on criminal characters, the other side of the server and would also increase the rate of non criminal characters (which is very low if you exclude LSEMS & law enforcement).

If you don't like the fact that you lose your stuff as a criminal, switch to legal or do something else. As I said before: this is not the right place to discuss that.

Edited by TheCactus

On 2/10/2020 at 3:46 AM, Guango said:

Everyone in prison should be released the second the last DOC employee logs off. We just sit in prison with no guards for hours. if you get killed you lose your stamps and there are no DOC employees to do anything about the fact that i am now starving to death. Its also theft when they take my entire inventory and then arent even online when im released so i cant get it back. then im told to wait or come back tomorrow only for the server to have reset and all my shit deleted. Why are you punishing us irl for in game crimes?

Those sound like a lot of OOC issues that are not intentional but you act like they are, and feel like a victim. What you suggested is complete nonsense and if there are no guards to give your stuff back or the server restarts, I don't see why it should be DOC's fault. Maybe DOC needs some improvements but what everyone is doing here, is suggesting to downgrade the current state of the prison RP and the prison itself for your own benefit.

Edited by TheCactus

The character i play has spent countless days (IRL) time  in prison. I have been frustrated with the great lengths of time received for crimes. When i spent this time in prison, its either half afk people (not trying to break rules), beating each other up, some conversations and or chasing people around that dont want to get beat up.   But being AFK doesnt help any of these situations.  

How to break up stale RP with general ideas that would need whole forums about. just giving examples.

--- Give DOC ability to lower criminals time ---- 

---  Make the card games free --- 

---- double the current mining reduction in time --- 

I was going to add more ideas but accidentally hit send. Here a general stance of mine. Thanks for reading. 

Edited by Mr_1bitcoin
Sent before i wanted by hitting tab and enter accidently instead of creating another line... lol

On 1/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, CaesarSeizure said:

There are a lot of ways prisons could be improved

*Allow AFK or Offline time to go down - But it would still require you to spend a % of that time IC and there would be a minimum. As a lot of sentences are around 2 hours, that could be the minimum and just work from there.

*More activities - Allow prisoners to work their fines off in prison. Stuff like farming or mining (which is already in prison) or additional stuff like manufacturing. This could help the people in prison decrease the loss they get in money for their sentences, as well as provide an activity to do while in prison. Or allow the prisoners to decrease their time with these activities. The point is to allow choice as some value time and some value money.

*Allow non-violent offenders to serve community sentences - A new job that would require you to put in hours in the job, but you could serve your time outside of the prison and serve your time while also being able to interact with people outside. This could be implemented by having PD or SD look over the people who are allowed to do these jobs in a more secluded area, without forcing them to be stuck in prison.

Regarding the suggestion though i will say that i just dont want people to leave their PCs on through the night to serve out their sentences in full. Criminals already outnumber LEO and having criminals serve their sentences out IC helps a lot with decreasing the pressure around town

I believe ways to improve have been suggested multiple times, and the devs are at work with ways to help this out so best bet is to wait.

all this +1, especially community sentencing. Allowing a less foul criminal to work off his debts or time would add a really unique aspect. Great addition bro, love the ideas.

I mean, I saw an inmate holding a phone and me and another guard went in to "collect" his phone and he replied with "not interested in roleplaying let me AFK." So sure people want to AFK not because nobody is at prison its because you aren't interested to RP the moment the opportunity shows up.

I'm kinda torn on this one, I play both criminal and legal. But mostly criminal and whenever I get sent to prison, I really am upset, not because I will be stuck behind walls, but there is nothing to do and 50% of the people that enter usually have no concept of roleplay and just chase you around swinging punches and then saying "it's prison RP". In IRL prison you dont see people running around punching anyone they see. However at the same time if all people did was AFK then prison would be boring for DOC guards, or cops, where we occasionally have the hostage situation. I would like to see more and strict rules governing prison RP.
+1

Eh.. -1

Different suggestion, but relevant. I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to pay, lets say $10k bail per hour you'd like to get released earlier ($3 per second), with an absolute minimum jail time of 15min (NLR time). Nice thing about this, is friends can also help bail you out by wiring you money.

You of course can work this off as well with stamps.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.