37hh

Ability to mute / disable Weazel News Ads.

Seeing this every 5 mins, in my opinion is aids for my eyes, I don't like seeing it and there's not a single ad I could care about. ( Except LosZantos247 buy some fruit. )
Like /f mute, please give us the ability to mute these.

8dda733f38febb7b6a4314b7878a4d02.png

Edited by 37hh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Supporting - I made a similar suggestion last year (here) regarding in-game ads.

I'm sure everyone has been in a role-play scenario / situation where Weazel ads have ruined the flow and distracted people from those RP situations - I believe this minor addition will definitely help the server long-term.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

-1, everyone would disable them thus taking any actual advertising ability from weazel. 

If everyone would disable them, then the problem is quite obvious. It's obnoxious and annoying to see. I don't look at advertisements like this irl, makes no sense as to why I'm forced to see them.

Edited by 37hh

15 hours ago, Flucifial said:

-1, everyone would disable them thus taking any actual advertising ability from weazel. 

If everyone would disable a system if given the choice, its probably time to analyze the issues and perhaps rework it. 

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

+1 Personally, I believe the system is quite annoying and unimmersive where it is currently maybe make yellow pages on the phone for where ads go and instead of it popping up on chat or making any sound you have to check it manually with the yellow pages app on your phone

its not a big deal in my opinion, but if someone doesn't want to see an ad so we should not force him

+1 from me.

but i mean they can kinda add a feature like we open the weazel news app on our phone when ever we want to take a look at ads so it won't pop up into our face every 10 seconds.

+1
If a command to mute it is too much, I am extremely in favor of an app on our phone that stores all the ads and then perhaps an hourly "reminder" about the phone app. I think that's a decent middle ground where players are still informed about the app and all the ads as well as have the option to view them on their phone as well as possibly reference older ads for a specified length of time. That last part I feel is also important to note because dependent on what you are actively doing the moment an ad comes through with the system right now, it may completely get flooded out in a minute whereas other players may be able to see the ad for much longer.

Edited by Aldarine

The danger with something like this is that, the more people that toggle it off and leave it off, the less impact Weazel has as a faction.

Perhaps a compromise would be something like a Weazel App on your phone.

- If you have a phone and it's switched on, you receive the news bulletins AND the adverts.
- However, there could be an Ad Blocker option the Weazel App to toggle the adverts off for different hours, say 30 minutes.. 2 hours.. 4 hours and if you got VIP, permanently.
- You wouldn't however be able to hide the news bulletins, because often they do contain information relevant to the city and it still allows Weazel some relevancy without the ads being forced down your throat.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

The danger with something like this is that, the more people that toggle it off and leave it off, the less impact Weazel has as a faction.

Perhaps a compromise would be something like a Weazel App on your phone.

- If you have a phone and it's switched on, you receive the news bulletins AND the adverts.
- However, there could be an Ad Blocker option the Weazel App to toggle the adverts off for different hours, say 30 minutes.. 2 hours.. 4 hours and if you got VIP, permanently.
- You wouldn't however be able to hide the news bulletins, because often they do contain information relevant to the city and it still allows Weazel some relevancy without the ads being forced down your throat.

So I'll be honest I'd also like it if I could mute it for a good while, whilst on duty for MD as when the ads come in force radio calls which are important so they get typed are drowned out by SELLING A 1G CONTACT XXXXX, LOOKING FOR SINGERS AND DANCERS, etc

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, David Moretti said:

-1 from me even tho I really hate getting them so often, but in real life, you would listen to all sorts of advertisements over the radio or whatsoever.

Also, it would kill the idea of people paying for those ads, bulks and similar.

From my personal opinion, I would leave it as it is for now.

Personally with your reasoning maybe we can come to a compromise where if realistically your car would have the radio even if ads are muted it'd be shown because you can't avoid radio advertisements but I believe you should be able to mute it when walking on foot or in an emergency vehicle of some sort as realistically you wouldn't see the advertisements if you muted your phone or were on duty in a emergency services department

1 minute ago, Aerwyn said:

Personally with your reasoning maybe we can come to a compromise where if realistically your car would have the radio even if ads are muted it'd be shown because you can't avoid radio advertisements but I believe you should be able to mute it when walking on foot or in an emergency vehicle of some sort as realistically you wouldn't see the advertisements if you muted your phone or were on duty in a emergency services department

I fully support your statement and I am fully getting to your point. Especially because those ads are shown when you're on foot, bike, car, helicopter, boat, bed, house, sky, farm, etc. etc., so we could assume that it is not totally role-play.

The fact that I am saying is that even since SAMP RP times and server, this existed and it was always used and scripted like this. I am just saying that I am 101% sure that 85% of the players would have that muted (toggled off) all the time and having those ads would totally become useless and in that way, Weazel News faction would lose 50% of things to do, so it would also become kind of useless faction in my opinion.

That's pretty much why I said that I would like it to keep it as it is right now, even tho I am the first person that hates seeing all of those ads in game over and over again, all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.