Chrisy

Auction inactive businesses

Today I'd like to open an opportunity for the community to be able to buy businesses. I'm bringing this reason up as there are a number of inactive businesses between gas stations and loan companies. I never see anything being put up with loan companies including ads, blips. Maybe its done over discord but personally I just see no activity with them.

Gas stations are another thing that should more or less always have fuel. Currently there are 4 empty gas stations (With the exclusion of Paulo WItherfork's as he is unbanned pretty soon) that are empty. Some of which have been empty for weeks, which I personally would class as inactivity and I'd say if staff were to check the last time they logged in it would show. 

Basically I would like to see some businesses be auctioned as its not fair for a business to sit inactive only to log in once a month to refuel for example.

Bl281IT.png

• Like 12
  • Upvote 6

+1 I agree, the inactive business should be put up for sale or auctioned like they were in the past.

On the note of loan companies as it was mention, as a owner of a loan company, I try to limit the amount of loans I give out, if I do at all, because of lack of security in doing business. All other businesses have a secure way of earning money, while with loan companies you are risking your own money, without an IC way to recoup it. The only solution is refund request, but that takes time.

In my opinion they should just make scripted stores NPC ran.  There's next to no RP involved with these scripted stores other than for the owner to play farmville (order stuff, set prices, collect free money).  Pretty much the only RP involved is the truck drivers who could still deliver to NPC owned businesses.  Scripted stores are extremely OP and really only benefit the people who are already extremely wealthy get even more wealthy.

The only store that ever has any RP interactions is the Zeta's store (which itself is debatable if it makes any sense.. but at least there is rp there). 

Inactive stores -> NPC owned stores seems like a good way to transition them.

1 hour ago, TreMetal said:

Inactive stores -> NPC owned stores seems like a good way to transition them.

Except once a feature is put in and people are invested in it, it makes it even more difficult to remove. Owners have invested time and money into these stores, i doubt any of them want to give that up. Even if a buyout was offered. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Except once a feature is put in and people are invested in it, it makes it even more difficult to remove. Owners have invested time and money into these stores, i doubt any of them want to give that up. Even if a buyout was offered. 

If inactive owners are going to be put up for an auction how is that any different than it going to an NPC? Just refund their initial purchase price of the store.

1 minute ago, TreMetal said:

If inactive owners are going to be put up for an auction how is that any different than it going to an NPC? Just refund their initial purchase price of the store.

my bad, misinterpreted your comment. Thought you were proposing to make all other store without frequent rp at them (i.e zetas, triads) NPC stores and remove the ability for a player to own it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.