Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

+1 the system is fucked up. for example i have a lot of tickets but dont have the money to pay for them so im always wanted and when i go to jail for that when i come out of the jail im still wanted because simply i dont have money to pay. so after 2 hours in jail im still wanted. 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, alexalex303 said:

I've read it. If you make an accident every now and then by speeding a little bit, that's fine, you pay $2000 and nothing bad will ever happen.

The only people that this system targets is habitually reckless drivers.

Not true.......

+1 The ticket system is extremely flawed for criminal characters(which is most players) i amassed about 150 tickets in the first 4 days of the cameras being implemented. before cameras were implemented i would pay my tickets, just to stop the notification, now i really couldn't give a shit. most players aren't going to pay large amounts of tickets, just extend jail time and make them go away

19 minutes ago, huso said:

+1 The ticket system is extremely flawed for criminal characters(which is most players) i amassed about 150 tickets in the first 4 days of the cameras being implemented. before cameras were implemented i would pay my tickets, just to stop the notification, now i really couldn't give a shit. most players aren't going to pay large amounts of tickets, just extend jail time and make them go away

Tickets never go away, if you get arrested its just more money you have to pay. 

3 minutes ago, MPheonix said:

Think the whole ticket system should be worked on.

Why do i receive tickets when im speeding in a stolen vehicle with a mask on?

Because people keep speeding through NCZ's, where crimes shouldn't be committed. People that try to cross the road in a NCZ can very easily get hit by someone that's driving 200km/h. That means that the injured person would have to file a player report on the speeder, which is just a hassle for everyone. Besides, cameras are the most IC way of catching people that break OOC rules. I think we should all be grateful that there's no automatic admin punishment, that would fine you for breaking the NCZ rules. There's no avoiding that, like you can avoid the speeding tickets IC. 

3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Because an unrealistic amount of people wear masks for no good in-character reason. 

But he said speeding in a STOLEN vehicle with a mask on, if you steal a vehicle you have a pretty good reason to wear a mask, and it is just bad RP to get a ticket and a text when you are in no identifiable vehicle, with your face covered. If you strap the fine to the car, like in real life, you have to implement reporting stolen vehicles, or a way to argue tickets, and if you have it like it is now, it makes no sense, because if you can't see the face, how do you know who is speeding, much less their phone number to text them. I am not sure what suggestion works, but tickets really should be a priority work, and the system being automated makes it very punishing to have the cruise control system bug, which it does frequently. I did the math from my last 48 hours, 16000 in speeding tickets, despite cruise control being on but it decided to fall off on its own.

I think the best would be cumulative jail time for the total amount of the tickets, similar to work value so like 10k per hour irl, and it must be in game live time, no sleeping off tickets. Done and Done, fair, but reasonable.

Edited by Wizzidy
  • Like 1

My suggestion would be that people be responsible for the crimes they commit in the server. 
If you are getting more than 2-3 tickets, you just don't give a shit about the laws of the road and you'll get what's coming to you regarding the fines and potentially jail.

I feel more sympathy for new players or people that get the odd ticket, but I feel no sympathy for repeat offenders who either speed as a way of trying to fight the system or just because they don't care if they get tickets.

The tickets are only for such a small part of the city as well.

If players are starting to rack up tickets and won't pay them, we need to start being able to seize property to pay off their fines.

37 minutes ago, GOAT said:

My suggestion would be that people be responsible for the crimes they commit in the server. 
If you are getting more than 2-3 tickets, you just don't give a shit about the laws of the road and you'll get what's coming to you regarding the fines and potentially jail.

I feel more sympathy for new players or people that get the odd ticket, but I feel no sympathy for repeat offenders who either speed as a way of trying to fight the system or just because they don't care if they get tickets.

The tickets are only for such a small part of the city as well.

If players are starting to rack up tickets and won't pay them, we need to start being able to seize property to pay off their fines.

We role play for realism, these are not crimes against a server, they are just crimes, and they can be disregarded if you are a criminal, the problem is the system is unrealistically accurate at posting tickets, and unrealistically penalizing for said tickets. If you get jail for a crime, you can't be put back in prison for the same exact crime... because you have already served the sentence for it. Double Jeopardy...

Would be good to add a little camera on the GPS to the areas where the no speeding areas are, I mean most of the time I get a ticket is cause im leaving the are and turn my cruise control off thinking I have left the area when I haven't and boom a ticket. Like some area's the speeding zone is bigger than NCZ making it awkward and hard to figure out how big the area is. Like down by the hospital the road towards the parking lot the no speeding area takes up that entire road out of the NCZ...

On 3/26/2019 at 12:17 PM, Muffy_Duffy said:

I'm indifferent about the speeding tickets.

I think that if they are to stay, the Salary (welfare) system should be docked. So if they have a ticket, instead of the money going into their salary, it should be forfeited and used to pay off their Tickets.

+1 this would be the best way to pay them off