Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

Now at first glance, you may think that this is a really bad idea, but let me explain what I mean.  I am not referring to some illegal way to remove tickets without being punished.

I have met multiple people quit the server because they have too many tickets that they will never be able to pay off. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the cameras removed.  I wouldn't say no to the ticket being cheaper, but that's not what I am referring to.

Players are racking up such a large amount of tickets, that they just keep getting them.  They get to the point that once you have 10k that you're not going to pay, you may as well have 100k, then 200k and so on.  I understand these cameras were implemented because people were driving too stupid, but when people get so many tickets that they cannot remove, they still drive stupidly fast everywhere because if they're not gonna pay the tickets, they're not gonna care.  People are going to prison for not paying tickets, but they still can't afford them when they get out, so they end up going back to prison - it's a vicious cycle and something needs to be done.

My suggestion would be that you go to prison for your expired tickets just as you do now, but your time in prison is increased for the amount of tickets you have.  There would need to be a limit to stop people being in prison for a stupid amount of time, but it should be a rather high limit to still give a sense of real punishment to those speeding too much.  Then, once you get out of prison your tickets are gone.  This way you have still paid the price for speeding but you're not completely kneecapped for the rest of your time on the server.  There should be a way to pay back your debt to society by prison or maybe some community service - such as a dumpster job that doesn't pay you, but instead writes off tickets.

I will note that this is the same as it works in real life. A person will go to prison if they cannot pay their fines but their fines would be written off.

It is just a shame to see people quitting the server because they are so kneecapped by these tickets.  The cameras need to stay though, whether the price changes is up for debate.

6 minutes ago, Kai said:

Players are often not made aware about how the system works until it is too late.  It should be made more clear to new players. I have met countless with hundreds of thousands in tickets.

I am not saying this should be an easy solution, but there should be one where it is possible to wipe it.  Not necessarily something you would want to do often at all - and therefore not simply a way to speed and not be paying tickets - but a way for a player to start over in terms of tickets where they can then go forward following the speed limits.

I had a large amount of tickets and I had to name change in order for it to be worth going back to following the speed limit, because why bother if you can't afford the tickets you already have?   So now I changed my name, reset my tickets and I do not speed at all.

Again, this is not a way to speed all the time and reset constantly, but I am suggestion a possible way for people to reset just like I did, and then follow the speed limits, just like I am.  People should not have to spend real life money for a name change just for this.  You can only change your name once before having to spend credits and many people have used them up already.

Edited by Kai
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

+1 for tickets being removed once you go to prison 

I have racked up about 100k in tickets so I just don't care about speeding anymore. I am never paying them off so why bother?

If they get reset upon getting put in prison I would actually care about not getting speeding tickets again.

• Like 4

If someone gets a ticket, it's their own fault completely. The whole ticket thing is very lenient as is, because you still get paid normally and the government can't force you to pay them. Besides, spending 15 minutes in jail for not paying a ticket is very little. Logically speaking and also IRL, the government is not going to forget about that money you owe. They'll sit on your assets and all money you get paid by working, they'll take. That's not the case here and honestly, considering jail time is 120 minutes max and fines are 15k, there's absolutely no need to be more lenient. 

If someone rage quits the server because they kept speeding in areas where there are speeding cameras, then they just lack common sense to slow down in those areas. 

• Upvote 1

+1

I don't think it's good RP to have to pay twice. First by being in prison and second by actually paying money. Either should suffice. About the people actually leaving the server over this instead of not playing by the rules and drive within the limits, at least at the NCZs: not a huge loss.

• Like 1

I'm indifferent about the speeding tickets.

I think that if they are to stay, the Salary (welfare) system should be docked. So if they have a ticket, instead of the money going into their salary, it should be forfeited and used to pay off their Tickets.

Edited by Muffy_Duffy
  • Like 1

Just now, Muffy_Duffy said:

I think that if they are to stay, the Salary (welfare) system should be docked. So if they have a ticket, instead of the money going into their salary, it should be forfeited and used to pay off their Tickets.

+1 +1 +1 i reckon that is a v good idea

2 minutes ago, Muffy_Duffy said:

I'm not so sure about that, haha.

Just now, Shax said:

I'm not so sure about that, haha.

why not, the speeding tickets are a government matter in essence, therefore the money should come out of the salary as that is supplied by the government? I do understand why people would be against that, as i've got a fair few tickets myself, easily over 20k. 

-1 why should it be removed when its your own fault for getting them in the first place? Cameras would be so pointless, speed for loads of time trough them > go to jail and get it removed. if you cant keep the speed limit in few NCZ so maybe you're not here for rp at all is it? If they leave the server let them leave, clearly they ain't here for rp part in the server. 🙂 People are the problem in the server so that they could just cry about the problem they've created themselves. 

Edited by Scott Cleverley

8 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

why not, the speeding tickets are a government matter in essence, therefore the money should come out of the salary as that is supplied by the government? I do understand why people would be against that, as i've got a fair few tickets myself, easily over 20k. 

I think teh main point is that they can't pay them. Not only that they won't pay them.
There is some sort of cycle wherer they get to jail for not being able to pay them, they get out and they are wanted again right away because they can't pay them.

• Like 3

Just now, Yputi said:

I think teh main point is that they can't pay them. Not only that they won't pay them.
There is some sort of cycle wherer they get to jail for not being able to pay them, they get out and they are wanted again right away because they can't pay them.

This man knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

oh I see yes, Ive been in and out of jail for a lot of stuff so I never keep track of whats happening with that. I didn't even realise that this is a present issue. So even after you serve your time, if you don't pay of all the tickets then you go back to jail?

2 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

oh I see yes, Ive been in and out of jail for a lot of stuff so I never keep track of whats happening with that. I didn't even realise that this is a present issue. So even after you serve your time, if you don't pay of all the tickets then you go back to jail?

From what I've understand in this topic, yes. Cant confirm 100% though as I haven't been caught by police yet, but I heared others say the same aswell, so I think so yes.

" but they still can't afford them when they get out, so they end up going back to prison - it's a vicious cycle and something needs to be done."

Edited by Yputi

+1 for tickets being removed once you go to prison until a certain degree. E.g. you get jailtime per ticket that gets removed.

This makes it that people with 100k in tickets still have a lot of debt even after jail, OR the jailtime in super much.

Edited by Cr1mson

Just now, Cr1mson said:

+1 for tickets being removed once you go to prison until a certain degree. E.g. you get jailtime per ticket that gets removed.

This makes it that people with 100k in tickets still have a lot of debt even after jail.

I agree.

It shouldn't be used as an easy way to remove all your tickets - but there should be some form of paying back your debt, be it jail time or menial jobs.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Yputi said:

They can, they choose not to. The people that have the high amount of tickets got them by driving expensive sports cars at high speeds, they could always sell their vehicles to cover the cost of their speeding. There shouldn't be an OOC bailout for IC decisions they are making willingly.

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

They can, they choose not to. The people that have the high amount of tickets got them by driving expensive sports cars at high speeds, they could always sell their vehicles to cover the cost of their speeding. There shouldn't be an OOC bailout for IC decisions they are making willingly.

I dont see how this got to be an expensive sport car... Not only those reach 81+

Also, these are added BECAUSE of OOC reasons.

Not saying I dislike them, but I see where this post-maker is comming from.

Edited by Yputi

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

I dont see how this got to be an expensive sport car... Not only those reach 81+

Also, these are added BECAUSE of OOC reasons.

Not saying I dislike them, but I see where this post-maker is comming from.

Yes, they were added as a deterrent against speeding. How would it be a deterrent if you could get a free slate whenever you go to bed?

It doesn't have to be an expensive sports car, but from the people that got a high amount of tickets, as far as I know, all of them are expensive sports car owners, that could easily pay their tickets if they wanted to.

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

Yes, they were added as a deterrent against speeding. How would it be a deterrent if you could get a free slate whenever you go to bed?

It doesn't have to be an expensive sports car, but from the people that got a high amount of tickets, as far as I know, all of them are expensive sports car owners, that could easily pay their tickets if they wanted to.

This is not the case we talk about though. The topic is about the people who can't pay them.