Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

Yes, they were added as a deterrent against speeding. How would it be a deterrent if you could get a free slate whenever you go to bed?

It doesn't have to be an expensive sports car, but from the people that got a high amount of tickets, as far as I know, all of them are expensive sports car owners, that could easily pay their tickets if they wanted to.

It wouldn't be just logging off and going to sleep - it would be an IC prison sentence, and a longer one the more tickets you're removing.  So even if you log off - you'd log back in and keep working at your sentence.

• Like 1

Within 15 playing hours on this server, I raked up around 20k in tickets. Money is very vital for newcommers so I suggest the option of either paying ticket fines or facing prison, not both.

If I'm new to the server, I prefer jail time and if I'm someone old and established member, I prefer to pay fines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoobDude said:

Within 15 playing hours on this server, I raked up around 20k in tickets. Money is very vital for newcommers so I suggest the option of either paying ticket fines or facing prison, not both.

If I'm new to the server, I prefer jail time and if I'm someone old and established member, I prefer to pay fines.

I see where you come from (again, like others), but if you gonna go to prison anyway, why even bother slowing down? It defeats the purpose why they were added though.
And if "richer" people just have to pay them... How will you force them?

Edited by Yputi

1 minute ago, dardanr said:

I think that the speed cameras have really improved quality of life by both avoiding people accidentally mass vdm-ing on crowded areas and by enforcing people to rp drive more carefully. On top of that, it's a good money sink.

We aren't asking to remove them.  The issue is that there are plenty of new players that can't afford them and it causes large issues for their gameplay. 

I agree that the tickets are a deterrent to speeding - but large prison sentences would be too.

2 minutes ago, dardanr said:

I think that the speed cameras have really improved quality of life by both avoiding people accidentally mass vdm-ing on crowded areas and by enforcing people to rp drive more carefully. On top of that, it's a good money sink.

It's a good money sink, for the people who have been playing for a longer time now though. 

Just now, Yputi said:

It's a good money sink, for the people who have been playing for a longer time now though. 

I agree.  Not only are they richer because of their time on the server, but they also didn't have to deal with this 'money sink' previously.

• Upvote 1

Its not an easy way to get rid of the ticket to go to jail, just make sure that people with 100k+ in tickets get a long jail sentence like 3/4 hours, this is harsh enough because the player cant do anything but prison rp for that time, how much do you want to punish people, its should also be enjoyable to play on the server. give players some slack.

The system is also rigged, like i was driving away from the bank on the limiter, took it of for 2 seconds, and got a ticket of 2k instandly for speeding with a maximum of 5 mph, how can this even be considered realistic? 

in my opinion we have two options:

1 - Remove tickets after jail time, but make sure the jail time is appropriate to the amount of tickets.

2- Give the player jail time, dont remove the tickets, but we should really consider lowering the ticket fines so people can afford paying them..

• Upvote 1

I think having different fines should be a thing based on XP so its fair for new players. I have had a few new players tell me about all the tickets they have got and its way to much to pay off so they just speed all the time now and dont care about the cameras one said if the prices where lower they would pay them off but now its over 100k.

This is my solution 

New players

< 5000XP & >75kph = $250

< 5000XP & >90kph = $500

< 5000XP & >120kph = $750

Normal players

> 5000XP & >75kph = $750

> 5000XP & >90kph = $1500

> 5000XP & >120kph = $2500

This would allow new players to pay them before they get out of control once they get a around 5 fines that adds up to around 10k that is a lot for a new player they will just give up and not pay because it would take around 2 hours to pay that off with a normal job with this system it would be a lot affordable for new players also for normal players a small adjustment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sam12336020 said:

I think having different fines should be a thing based on XP so its fair for new players. I have had a few new players tell me about all the tickets they have got and its way to much to pay off so they just speed all the time now and dont care about the cameras one said if the prices where lower they would pay them off but now its over 100k.

This is my solution 

New players

< 5000XP & >75kph = $250

< 5000XP & >90kph = $500

Normal players

> 5000XP & >75kph = $750

This would allow new players to pay them before they get out of control once they get a around 5 fines that adds up to around 10k that is a lot for a new player they will just give up and not pay because it would take around 2 hours to pay that off with a normal job with this system it would be a lot affordable for new players also for normal players a small adjustment.

I would argue this is not good enough.  It's rather easy to get beyond 5k tickets and does not have any effect whatsoever on how much money someone may have or whether they could ever afford it.

The criminals know what they are doing. They're choosing to speed through NCZ's. 

If you can't pay your tickets I reckon these things should happen to you;

1. You get are sent to prison.

2. Whilst in prison the tickets are covered by the cash in your bank account and any money that you have with yourself.

If tickets are covered skip to step 4, once you server your sentence.

3. Assets such as houses, cars and guns are repossessed to cover the fines.

4. Release from prison.

If tickets are covered skip to step 6.

5. Reduce the government wages to NIL for the perpetrator, until the tickets are covered.

6. Drop all charges associated with the speeding tickets.

Stefan Gurrent

3 hours ago, sam12336020 said:

This is my solution 

New players

< 5000XP & >75kph = $250

< 5000XP & >90kph = $500

Normal players

> 5000XP & >75kph = $750

Great idea ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

The criminals know what they are doing. They're choosing to speed through NCZ's. 

2. Whilst in prison the tickets are covered by the cash in your bank account and any money that you have with yourself.

4. Release from prison.

5. Reduce the government wages to NIL for the perpetrator, until the tickets are covered.

Stefan Gurrent

The problem is that a lot of new players don't really know what they're doing.

Most if not all the people I spoke to did not realise how overly punishing these tickets are, and therefore are now in a position where they are by far kneecapped.  This is causing people to leave the server.

Just now, Kai said:

The problem is that a lot of new players don't really know what they're doing.

Most if not all the people I spoke to did not realise how overly punishing these tickets are, and therefore are now in a position where they are by far kneecapped.  This is causing people to leave the server.

How can someone not realise that $2000 has just been fined from them!

The pop up is clear to see.

Just now, st3fan333 said:

How can someone not realise that $2000 has just been fined from them!

The pop up is clear to see.

This does not indicate to a new player the lengths that this runs.  The way that there is no way to clear these tickets.  So many people have assumed that going to prison removes these tickets because it is common practice on servers and how it works irl

1 minute ago, Kai said:

This does not indicate to a new player the lengths that this runs.  The way that there is no way to clear these tickets.  So many people have assumed that going to prison removes these tickets because it is common practice on servers and how it works irl

Paying the ticket clears it right?

Just now, st3fan333 said:

@Kai But for the sake of a ((New player)), let's say that they get 10 free tickets and only on the 11th ticket they get fined. 

This would mean that the pop up still shows up but when these players got to the LSPD and pay for the ticket, it's paid off by the tax payer.

This is just as bad. It allows a new player to speed with no punishment, putting it in their head that it doesn't matter - only to find that afterwards they are hit even worse than they would be now.  Very bad idea.

Just now, Kai said:

This is just as bad. It allows a new player to speed with no punishment, putting it in their head that it doesn't matter - only to find that afterwards they are hit even worse than they would be now.  Very bad idea.

It would tell them that they will get fined soon! These aren't children! Theses people are adults and teenagers; anyone above the age of 15 should understand that getting a speeding ticket is bad and expensive!

3 hours ago, st3fan333 said:

4. Release from prison.

Stefan Gurrent

Bro you tripping, how can you even want this,

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NoobDude said:

What about start using speed limiter in the city? if the money is so vital for new commers, could be a way out couldn't it?:)