Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

You lot are making a fuss out of your own problem and wrong doing. 

I'm a driver for the DCC so I'm in and out of the NCZ's and it's easy not to get fined.

Play the bloody RP! You wouldn't blatantly speed though camera upon camera.

Do you know what the best solution to this problem is?

Don't SPEED!

7 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

Because it's easy to not get fined! Just keep under 80? How can you not understand such a simple rule?

The issue is that some people don't realise how punishing it is until it's too late - and they're already screwed.

There should be a way to remove it - even if its TOO punishing, like a very long prison sentence.

So many people get a load of tickets, and then don't care cos they won't pay them - only to realise quite how punishing it is, then they regret it and want to drive properly.

One of the main things I want from this - is effectively a way to RP'ly reset it.  There are people who want to go back to driving properly but they'll never be able to afford their tickets, so they either see it as 'fuck it I'll just keep speeding' or they quit.

The issue is that players often find out the problem too late, and then it's just that... too late.

1 minute ago, st3fan333 said:

Don’t play on the server then? Speeding through an NCZ is breaking server rules, as it’s committing a crime in an NCZ.

Really isn't the right attitude to have.  Saying people should leave the server just for that is the wrong mindset.

Edited by Kai
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Kai said:

The issue is that some people don't realise how punishing it is until it's too late - and they're already screwed.

There should be a way to remove it - even if its TOO punishing, like a very long prison sentence.

So many people get a load of tickets, and then don't care cos they won't pay them - only to realise quite how punishing it is, then they regret it and want to drive properly.

One of the main things I want from this - is effectively a way to RP'ly reset it.  There are people who want to go back to driving properly but they'll never be able to afford their tickets, so they either see it as 'fuck it I'll just keep speeding' or they quit.

The issue is that players often find out the problem too late, and then it's just that... too late.

Speeding camera’s are a simple deterrent so I don’t understand how people struggle to identify that?

Just now, st3fan333 said:

Speeding camera’s are a simple deterrent so I don’t understand how people struggle to identify that?

If you read my responses I have explained this already.  New players understand they are a deterrent but most people assume they will wipe after prison or they'll be able to avoid them.

2 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

I don’t understand one thing... How can someone not realise that a system which charges you about $2000 per ticket is not punishing?

As I said.... people assume that there'd be a realistic way that every new player is not completely fucked for the rest of their time on the server because they didn't realise the issue fast enough.  Once again, people expect there to be a better way to wipe tickets.

My friend had the same issue. Worked up a shit load of tickets, had to name change to wipe them because once he realised how damaging they are - he had no choice. 

1 minute ago, Kai said:

As I said.... people assume that there'd be a realistic way that every new player is not completely fucked for the rest of their time on the server because they didn't realise the issue fast enough.  Once again, people expect there to be a better way to wipe tickets.

My friend had the same issue. Worked up a shit load of tickets, had to name change to wipe them because once he realised how damaging they are - he had no choice. 

I understand you more now. The problem is new players not knowing the long term problems. This should be explained in the server rules and made crystal clear for newbies...

Just now, st3fan333 said:

I understand you more now. The problem is new players not knowing the long term problems. This should be explained in the server rules and made crystal clear for newbies...

Yeah that's what I said originally too.

There are many people wanting to go back to driving slowly - but there is just no way to go back to no tickets, so they're stuck in a spiral.

23 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

They can, they choose not to. The people that have the high amount of tickets got them by driving expensive sports cars at high speeds, they could always sell their vehicles to cover the cost of their speeding. There shouldn't be an OOC bailout for IC decisions they are making willingly.

The people that have the high amount of tickets got them by driving expensive sports cars at high speeds, they could always sell their vehicles to cover the cost of their speeding.

In my opinion the green text is simply not true, a friend of mine decided to grind enough money to buy a 50k car- which by the standards of practical cars in the city is not actually considered an 'expensive' car if you're intending to be on the server for more than a few days. he racked up enough tickets during his grind and after to take the 'i just wont pay them mentality' he has also just spent 2 hours in jail for it. He has about 14k in his bank, his car would sell for about 60k, which is no where near the amount needed to pay off the tickets. so it's really not as simple as you say IMO.

I believe this is -in part- a contributing factor to so much shitty RP across the server too. For example, the high rate of muggings being a particularly noticable occourence which in my oppinion is something the police just dont have the numbers to deal with effectively. Infact since i've been on the server not a single one of my 911 calls have ever been responded to. I personally was robbed yesterday when a player decided that all he had to do was get out from his car, ask why i was carrying a gun, and if we had a problem. my replies were, "for safety", and "no we dont have a problem". his response to my answers being to shoot me in the head and loot me. no reason other than that. Considering why he would decide to evade any real reasoning, or story telling? or why his entire position on the encounter was nothing but random confrontation from the get go? Because he had nothing to really lose.. no incentive to develop a reason, just the chance to take a gun that costs 9k, rinse, and repeat. I too have had multiple friends who i have met on the server decide they are not coming back, people who are fantastic rolplayers, and are sick of how few opportunities there are to actually develop and engage in roleplay a scenario, instead they just get a few lines of threats, and robbed / killed over and over again. Personally I think the speeding tickets are en masse a contributing factor (not the entirety of the problem though)  and it's an unfortunate detriment to the server and the people who actually want to RP not just play GTA:O with 300 other people at once.

54 minutes ago, xCKube said:

These speed cameras are so non-rp imo.
How the hell does it make sense that you get a ticket, if you have a stolen car and you have a mask on, pure bs.

Well no wonder because it’s an OOC problem. 

Committing a crime in an NCZ is breaking server rules.

What happens when you commit a crime in an NCZ? An admin gets involved and RP is paused.

Camera’s do need changing but everyone speeding at 150km/h past the bank isn’t good RP either.

• PogU 1

Personally I think that there should be a gradual increase in the ticket fines, for like the first 5-10 tickets until it peeks at the maximum fines and every time you get a fine there should be a message warning you about the consequences of subsequent fines. For example a starting off at $500 with $250 increments and the consequences of speeding should be described in the server rules so people can have no excuse to racking up fines as they know from the start what will happen if they disobey the law and frankly I do not mind people leaving the server if they aren't willing to obey the server rules.

• Like 1

The camera system thats currently in place is ridiculous. If developers have the mindset of making the server as realistic as possible, then OP's idea is a perfect solution to an obviously broken and overwhelming problem. LOSING MONEY ISNT THE ONLY FORM OF PUNISHMENT.

I make the effort to not speed in these areas but slip up and usually go 20km over unintentionally. Am I an NCZ rule-breaker for this? Fuck no. There are solutions to this problem that are being swept to the side and its so frustrating that some people don't grasp the concept that the current system is unforgiving and problematic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Copes said:

The camera system thats currently in place is ridiculous. If developers have the mindset of making the server as realistic as possible, then OP's idea is a perfect solution to an obviously broken and overwhelming problem. LOSING MONEY ISNT THE ONLY FORM OF PUNISHMENT.

I make the effort to not speed in these areas but slip up and usually go 20km over unintentionally. Am I an NCZ rule-breaker for this? Fuck no. There are solutions to this problem that are being swept to the side and its so frustrating that some people don't grasp the concept that the current system is unforgiving and problematic. 

I also sometimes slip up but just making sure if you know about the cruise control option? that way you dont have to worry about your speed, sorry if i'm stating something really obvious, its difficult to judge the experiences of players in the forums 🙂

1 minute ago, Cinek0344 said:

I also sometimes slip up but just making sure if you know about the cruise control option? that way you dont have to worry about your speed, sorry if i'm stating something really obvious, its difficult to judge the experiences of players in the forums 🙂

I'm completely aware of Eclipse's server functions. I'm not sure if its just on my end, but sometimes the cruise option is a bit unreliable. There are times when it should be on, but I go over my designated limit and other times when it just won't register that i'm clicking L. 

Just now, Copes said:

I'm completely aware of Eclipse's server functions. I'm not sure if its just on my end, but sometimes the cruise option is a bit unreliable. There are times when it should be on, but I go over my designated limit and other times when it just won't register that i'm clicking L. 

yh ive had that problem as well so i dont think its your end