Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

50 minutes ago, Copes said:

I'm completely aware of Eclipse's server functions. I'm not sure if its just on my end, but sometimes the cruise option is a bit unreliable. There are times when it should be on, but I go over my designated limit and other times when it just won't register that i'm clicking L. 

True! I just reset it every time I hop back into the car. 

5 hours ago, st3fan333 said:

True! I just reset it every time I hop back into the car. 

A player should not overtly be punished for not doing this, and a player should not be expected to.  If cruise control is on, it should be on.

6 hours ago, Copes said:

The camera system thats currently in place is ridiculous. If developers have the mindset of making the server as realistic as possible, then OP's idea is a perfect solution to an obviously broken and overwhelming problem. LOSING MONEY ISNT THE ONLY FORM OF PUNISHMENT.

I make the effort to not speed in these areas but slip up and usually go 20km over unintentionally. Am I an NCZ rule-breaker for this? Fuck no. There are solutions to this problem that are being swept to the side and its so frustrating that some people don't grasp the concept that the current system is unforgiving and problematic. 

This is exactly my point, and anyone who bring the whole 'speeding in an NCZ is breaking an OOC rule so tough shit' should read this. 

3 hours ago, Kai said:

A player should not overtly be punished for not doing this, and a player should not be expected to.  If cruise control is on, it should be on.

This is exactly my point, and anyone who bring the whole 'speeding in an NCZ is breaking an OOC rule so tough shit' should read this. 

I've read it. If you make an accident every now and then by speeding a little bit, that's fine, you pay $2000 and nothing bad will ever happen.

The only people that this system targets is habitually reckless drivers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

I've read it. If you make an accident every now and then by speeding a little bit, that's fine, you pay $2000 and nothing bad will ever happen.

The only people that this system targets is habitually reckless drivers.

Players are often not made aware about how the system works until it is too late.  It should be made more clear to new players. I have met countless with hundreds of thousands in tickets.

I am not saying this should be an easy solution, but there should be one where it is possible to wipe it.  Not necessarily something you would want to do often at all - and therefore not simply a way to speed and not be paying tickets - but a way for a player to start over in terms of tickets where they can then go forward following the speed limits.

I had a large amount of tickets and I had to name change in order for it to be worth going back to following the speed limit, because why bother if you can't afford the tickets you already have?   So now I changed my name, reset my tickets and I do not speed at all.

Again, this is not a way to speed all the time and reset constantly, but I am suggestion a possible way for people to reset just like I did, and then follow the speed limits, just like I am.  People should not have to spend real life money for a name change just for this.  You can only change your name once before having to spend credits and many people have used them up already.

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Players are often not made aware about how the system works until it is too late.  It should be made more clear to new players. I have met countless with hundreds of thousands in tickets.

I am not saying this should be an easy solution, but there should be one where it is possible to wipe it.  Not necessarily something you would want to do often at all - and therefore not simply a way to speed and not be paying tickets - but a way for a player to start over in terms of tickets where they can then go forward following the speed limits.

I had a large amount of tickets and I had to name change in order for it to be worth going back to following the speed limit, because why bother if you can't afford the tickets you already have?   So now I changed my name, reset my tickets and I do not speed at all.

Again, this is not a way to speed all the time and reset constantly, but I am suggestion a possible way for people to reset just like I did, and then follow the speed limits, just like I am.  People should not have to spend real life money for a name change just for this.  You can only change your name once before having to spend credits and many people have used them up already.

Exactly, i'm one of them too. I didn't realize i had to pay the tickets until it was too late. Now what i do is simply just make money to pay bills 😄

2 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

😭😭😭How tho? It’s obvious that you’ll have to pay for your speeding tickets?

I don't care about being "wanted" That's fine. I can deal with that, but losing half your bank everytime you get sent to prison is another story. I did not expect that

4 minutes ago, Shax said:

I don't care about being "wanted" That's fine. I can deal with that, but losing half your bank everytime you get sent to prison is another story. I did not expect that

but thats the thing, if the punishment wasn't severe then no-one would care, like I dont mind going afk for 2 hours in a prison cell if it means that i get to speed all the time cause as you said it yourself, you don't care about being wanted. But I think thats not the issue you're discussing here, im not sure?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cinek0344 said:

but thats the thing, if the punishment wasn't severe then no-one would care, like I dont mind going afk for 2 hours in a prison cell if it means that i get to speed all the time cause as you said it yourself, you don't care about being wanted. But I think thats not the issue you're discussing here, im not sure?

I mean obviously i don't want to be wanted, But there's nothing i can do about it now until the tickets are paid

3 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

Yeah that's what we're saying - the alternative punishment should still be severe.  That way they are still being punished, and will have to sit in prison and RP there for a considerable amount of time - but it wipes their tickets.

So they could be in prison for up to 24 hours playtime depending on how many tickets they have.  I certainly would not want to be in prison for that long, so it would stop me and others from speeding, but still gives a way out for those with no other choice.

Just now, Kai said:

Yeah that's what we're saying - the alternative punishment should still be severe.  That way they are still being punished, and will have to sit in prison and RP there for a considerable amount of time - but it wipes their tickets.

So they could be in prison for up to 24 hours playtime depending on how many tickets they have.  I certainly would not want to be in prison for that long, so it would stop me and others from speeding, but still gives a way out for those with no other choice.

24 hours in-game or IRL?

24 hours in-game or IRL?

In game time - it's just an example but a number I could support.  It allows them to still RP, plus personally I love prison RP so although they're still being severely punished, they are less likely to quit the server.

Edited by Kai

How about this, when you go to prison you have a choice, either pay off your tickets and spend an hour in jail or if you don't have the money then it will be 1 hour + an extra hour of every $5000 of tickets but you can also pay off some of the tickets and then cover the rest of the tickets with prison time?

Just a suggestion

Edited by Cinek0344

Just now, Victor Einhart said:

If you don't want to be financially punished, don't drive like a fool.

Very shortsighted. That's like saying if you don't want to go to prison don't commit crime.  There are other factors in play.

How about this, when you go to prison you have a choice, either pay off your tickets and spend an hour in jail or if you don't have the money then it will be 1 hour + an extra hour of every $5000 of tickets but you can also pay off some of the tickets and then cover the rest of the tickets with prison time?

Just a suggestion

This is pretty much what I said yeah.  There would need to be some kind of a limit to avoid near permanent jail time.

Just now, Daniel_Underwood said:

+1 Going to prison is a punishment it should remove the tickets. if you have a lot of tickets make it extra time like 5 tickets extra hour and 10 extra 2 hours. (1 ticket - 12 minutes extra basically)

I think it should be based on the value of the ticket tho as there is a big difference between a $1000 and a $2500 ticket

1 minute ago, Kai said:

Very shortsighted. That's like saying if you don't want to go to prison don't commit crime.  There are other factors in play.

Committing a crime is the leading cause of getting locked up. Figures show that 100% of prisoners in Bolingbroke have indeed committed a crime.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Victor Einhart said:

This is a true statement, though.

Yes but what if it is not your fault?  What if you're being chased by criminals so you had to speed a little - and now you're planted with severe jail time? Maybe they add on extra charges because of what the other criminals did?

You need to think of this logically, and not as a 'get out of jail free' card but a solution to a genuine problem.  This mostly affects newer players that don't understand the system until it is too late, because there is no real context given, not to mention that many players are simply telling people not to pay them - then they don't realise the truth till it is too late.

2 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

Committing a crime is the leading cause of getting locked up. Figures show that 100% of prisoners in Bolingbroke have indeed committed a crime.

Whilst you're trying to make a point, you're incorrect in that there are corrupt officers and unfortunate coincidences.  I went to prison only yesterday because I happened to be near a gunfight as I ran towards an officer to tell them someone was shooting.   

This is irrelevant however, so please stay on topic.

Edited by Kai