Kai

Create a way to remove tickets without paying for them.

1 minute ago, Victor Einhart said:

Sounds like an IC issue where you'd have to speak to DOC personnel.  This is a roleplay opportunity to make your case.

Just like there should be an IC and RP way to pay tickets rather than only a ticket system which was implemented primarily to stop people breaking OOC rules and overly speeding near NCZ.

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Just like there should be an IC and RP way to pay tickets rather than only a ticket system which was implemented primarily to stop people breaking OOC rules and overly speeding near NCZ.

I would like to make you aware that if you get locked up in real life your tickets aren’t erased and you have to do community hours to pay for your fines.

Just now, st3fan333 said:

I would like to make you aware that if you get locked up in real life your tickets aren’t erased and you have to do community hours to pay for your fines.

E.x.a.c.t.l.y.... if you can't pay them, there's a system such as community hours.  THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR. xD

Just now, Kai said:

E.x.a.c.t.l.y.... if you can't pay them, there's a system such as community hours.  THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR. xD

Do you know what community hours is? It’s where you work a shit job until you pay them off.

So you’re still paying them off! Just work as a truck driver or garbage man and that’s your community hours.

Come on man keep up.

• Like 1

Do you know what community hours is? It’s where you work a shit job until you pay them off.

So you’re still paying them off! Just work as a truck driver or garbage man and that’s your community hours.

Come on man keep up.

Yes but the current jobs aren't enough to get that amount of money... and so people quit.  Are you completely oblivious to the problem we are discussing?

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Yes but the current jobs aren't enough to get that amount of money... and so people quit.  Are you completely oblivious to the problem we are discussing?

But that’s literally community hours! If you rack up loads of fines you will be made to work a lot. This is RP and the point is to make it realistic. 

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

What kind of amounts of speeding tickets are we talking about here, cause I'd assume that $50k is about the cut-off point for most new players where if they have anything over that then they are most likely to quit, right? So following on from that assumption, the maximum speeding ticket I've had is $2500 which therefore means that you'd have to accumulate 20 max fine speeding tickets to get to this point, most people should've learnt by then that speeding is bad? and if the accumulated speeding tickets are below $50k then they can easily be paid off by doing community work and government income, I thought the problem we were discussing is about people who don't want to pay for the speeding tickets at all?

But that’s literally community hours! If you rack up loads of fines you will be made to work a lot. This is RP and the point is to make it realistic. 

No because in real life, that isn't how community service works dude... if you did any research you'd know.  They are often given a set amount of time required for community service - they do not just do a job and get money from it which then goes to their fines... that's not how it works.

What happens is that they are given a set specific amount of time, and it is not related directly to how many tickets they may have.  A person would not be expected to work community service for the rest of their life because it is not fair.  I literally met someone today with 600k in tickets, you think it's for them to sit around doing money transporter jobs for SO many hours?  No.  This is why we are suggesting a more suitable solution.

If you are going to continue to use real life comparisons, please make sure they apply correctly.

Just now, Cinek0344 said:

What kind of amounts of speeding tickets are we talking about here, cause I'd assume that $50k is about the cut-off point for most new players where if they have anything over that then they are most likely to quit, right? So following on from that assumption, the maximum speeding ticket I've had is $2500 which therefore means that you'd have to accumulate 20 max fine speeding tickets to get to this point, most people should've learnt by then that speeding is bad? and if the accumulated speeding tickets are below $50k then they can easily be paid off by doing community work and government income, I thought the problem we were discussing is about people who don't want to pay for the speeding tickets at all?

It's mostly because new players aren't aware how damaging it is to just not pay them, and therefore they rapidly increase because if they aren't going to pay them, they just don't care about speeding anymore.

As mentioned in my last post (the one after yours, I'm not saying you should have seen it) - my friend has 600k in tickets and he is still pretty new.  He has now learned how damaging it is, and wants to return to driving legally, but with no system to return to that point - there's no point working so hard to pay them back.

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

No because in real life, that isn't how community service works dude... if you did any research you'd know.  They are often given a set amount of time required for community service - they do not just do a job and get money from it which then goes to their fines... that's not how it works.

What happens is that they are given a set specific amount of time, and it is not related directly to how many tickets they may have.  A person would not be expected to work community service for the rest of their life because it is not fair.  I literally met someone today with 600k in tickets, you think it's for them to sit around doing money transporter jobs for SO many hours?  No.  This is why we are suggesting a more suitable solution.

If you are going to continue to use real life comparisons, please make sure they apply correctly.

This is a very unpopular opinion so sorry in advance but tbh I do not mind people who have $600k in tickets leaving the server as it would seem to me that they don't care about rp as that is almost 250 max speeding tickets 

I don't aim to be mean with this statement about your friend

Edited by Cinek0344

3 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

This is a very unpopular opinion so sorry in advance but tbh I do not mind people who have $600k in tickets leaving the server as it would seem to me that they don't care about rp as that is almost 250 max speeding tickets 

The fact that they do want to get rid of the tickets and drive normally, proves that they do care about the RP.  They want to go back to following the speed limits but they have no way to do so without constantly being wanted by police and sent to prison all the time.  This is our point here.

Edited by Kai

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

I said that these jobs can be used as community hours. 

The more tickets and fines the more work? 

600k is idiotic. Whoever this is should go back to gta online.

Just now, Cinek0344 said:

Would you say that you agree with the system of 1 hour in prison for anything under $5000 and an extra hour for each subsequent $5000 of ticket fines?

I would agree with anything that is reasonable, but an extra hour per 5k is maybe a bit too much - for example, my friend with 600k tickets would have to sit in prison for 120 hours, that may be a bit much - however they are in the extreme and I hope there are not many people with that amount.

I would agree with your suggestion if there were to be a limit such as 48 hours max

6 minutes ago, Kai said:

The fact that they do want to get rid of the tickets and drive normally, proves that they do care about the RP.  They want to go back to following the speed limits but they have no way to do so.  This is our point here.

Create a new character 😂😂😂 there you are! Problem solved!

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

The fact that they do want to get rid of the tickets and drive normally, proves that they do care about the RP.  They want to go back to following the speed limits but they have no way to do so.  This is our point here.

If they did want to pay them off, why didn't they pay them off when they were manageable?

Why let them get to an unmanageable state to be like, ah well I was going to pay these because I do care about RP, but there too high now so can somebody sort the speed cameras out please.

Just now, Kai said:

I would agree with anything that is reasonable, but an extra hour per 5k is maybe a bit too much - for example, my friend with 600k tickets would have to sit in prison for 120 hours, that may be a bit much - however they are in the extreme and I hope there are not many people with that amount.

I would agree with your suggestion if there were to be a limit such as 48 hours max

Ah the thing with that is that I got a 4 day ban which im currently serving right now as I forgot to log off whilst fishing, my friend was in a car accident last week and I just left my computer on and even though I didn't mean do anything wrong I got 4 days, plus 2 days in which i was appealing just for forgetting to log off so I don't think there should be a cap on this kind of stuff 

3 hours ago, st3fan333 said:

Create a new character 😂😂😂 there you are! Problem solved!

Mate you are practically saying that people should pay real money to get rid of their tickets. (Assuming they already have 2 characters)

Edited by xCKube

On 3/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, ItsFiftyy said:

+1 for tickets being removed once you go to prison 

I have racked up about 100k in tickets so I just don't care about speeding anymore. I am never paying them off so why bother?

If they get reset upon getting put in prison I would actually care about not getting speeding tickets again.

this basically +1

it gets to become insurmountable and turns into a vicious cycle that destroys RP for the LEOs and criminals, as the OP stated.

Supercar not needed to rack up 500k trust me...