Bala

$10k an Hour - It's time

Currently, all government ran factions (PD, SD, DOC, LSEMS, DCC, JB, GOV, LSC, Weazel and Bayview) operate on a cap of $8,000. 
In short this means that even if the faction budget allows for it, faction members cannot be paid anymore than that $8k.

I am currently earning $8,000 an hour in game and i've put in 4 years to get to the point where I do that but to be clear, as someone with a regular pay check and like rest of the PD Command, a very active player, that $8,000 is $5,200 when you hit the maximum tax bracket of 35%. For those lucky enough to have VIP, it's like $6,400.

Each faction leader is expected to manage their budget appropriately and currently, the top 4 ranks in PD all get paid the same which is capped out at $8,000.
An entry level faction member might make almost half that and respectfully, lowering the amount they get paid in an inflated economy doesn't make sense.

Now personally speaking, I have more or less everything that I want in the server at this point, so earning an extra $500 or $750 or whatever an hour isn't that important to me but it seems to me that in certain cases, particularly with the factions that are critical (PD/SD/MD/DOC), being able to tier the pay out over a larger scale makes sense.

I'm all for LFM putting some control in place so we don't have everyone earning 8..9..10k an hour and only having higher pay for roles that RPly it would make sense to get paid more.

I realise this ain't a criminal suggestion and honestly, I don't want no criminal sweaties in here complaining about how much legal RPers might make. I'm not counting your money, don't try and count mine.

$10,000 an hour please. @Lewis

• Like 6
  • POG 1
  • polarcop 1
  • dead 1

I think we need some more realistic monetary values in the city. This making 6K an hour thing is a little wild to me. I think that we need to scale everything back to a more realistic value. For example, Police Cadets/DST's start off at $25/hr and then DS1/PO1 goes to like $30 or something along those lines. With that being said, everything else would need to be adjusted accordingly -- no more $500 waters from the 24/7.

• NAY 2

I believe all the numbers in the server should have a 0 taken away so a warrener costs around 1000$ instead of $10000 and salaries start from 500$/h instead of 5000$. At that point we can think about increasing the salaries and maybe the costs of vehicles a little bit because right now the market is saturated and dealerships only make money when new cars come out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm gunna be that guy in this thread I suppose....

Crims just got their biggest method of making money effectively taken out from underneath them, and we're suggesting that LEOS get paid MORE? No cap Bala, This ain't it.

Given the fact Crims have to work WAY harder to make their money, and at times PD/SD/DOC/MD/GOV are just Driving sims or Salary farming jobs, Increasing their pay for effectively doing nothing is a good way to piss off the majority of the community.

• Like 1
  • POG 1
  • dead 9

42 minutes ago, Homast said:

Crims just got their biggest method of making money effectively taken out from underneath them, and we're suggesting that LEOS get paid MORE? No cap Bala, This ain't it.

Given the fact Crims have to work WAY harder to make their money, and at times PD/SD/DOC/MD/GOV are just Driving sims or Salary farming jobs, Increasing their pay for effectively doing nothing is a good way to piss off the majority of the community.

I'm gonna have to -1 your -1 because of the atrocious straw man fallacy in your post.

The thread was about increasing money gained hourly by government factions, yet you brought up the fact crims got their money method nerfed. The two are not correlated and you replace the original discussion with a different one. 

The  same way you argue that gov jobs are driving simulators, someone can argue that crim is a looter shooter experience. See the problem? The two "jobs" (pd and crim) are different in every way and are only connected symbiotically.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homast said:

Please don't turn this into a cop vs crim thread - this is a Gov faction salary cap (which hasn't changed in almost 3 years even though the economy has inflated) discussion.

If you want to discuss buffing criminal activities, go ahead - but not here. 

• Like 3

Retracting my previous -1 in favor of a +1. Came from a salty crim perspective which is no good. I agree with pay raises, especially for the "support" factions like DOC and MD. But I also agree that this may inflate the economy even further and that a global scale back would be nice but likely cause more salt.