Bala

$10k an Hour - It's time

I think the salary cap in government jobs is fine as is. A good to way to achieve the differentiation between higher ranking members would be to slightly lower the salary at certain spots.

Example: Instead of having Assistance Chief of Police and Chief of Police at the same salary level. Have CoP at 8,000$ and Ass. CoP at 7.950, etc...

If anything, I think the focus should be on the way Eclipse handles taxes, which seriously needs an overhaul both in terms of the bracket percentages and how the server calculates total wealth.

• Upvote 4

With the recent criminal updates focused on labs and completely nerfing private labs into the ground, money as a crim is 10x harder to get. Before the nerf there was already a major discrepency between "Legal Money" and "Crim Money". Legals already have it way easier then crims when it comes to making and saving money, making it even easier for legals honestly makes 0 sense to me. I get the point of the post but I know plenty of legals that have 5+ MILLION dollars just sitting in their bank accounts or salaries. For criminals you'd have to have been playing the server for months religiously or even years to have that much in your bank at one time.

I think upping the salary cap to 10-12k with the current economy wouldn't cause any damage, in fact, it'll make things look more realistic, for e.g. each respective rank should have a their own salary. A Chief of Police and a Commander shouldn't be paid the same amount of money per hour. This ain't about the money, it's about what makes sense and what doesn't.

+1 for me.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:25 AM, Shining0103 said:

+1 I cannot afford anymore my 500$ donuts

@Nicholas Valentine I really don't wanna deal with anymore /b than there is right now, last thing I need is someone already pissed off saying "wawaa you're arresting me just to get those extra 100$, get a life, nerf PD"

Well, sure is a good thing those departments drive vehicles all day and night that don't receive speed camera tickets even when there isn't an emergency...So we all know you can afford them donuts with all that money you saved not getting tickets. And, you can always drive the garbage truck for about $16k an hour if you need a part time side gig that pays more so you can stock up! 🤣

On 3/23/2023 at 7:16 AM, Cyrus Raven said:

I think the salary cap in government jobs is fine as is. A good to way to achieve the differentiation between higher ranking members would be to slightly lower the salary at certain spots.

Example: Instead of having Assistance Chief of Police and Chief of Police at the same salary level. Have CoP at 8,000$ and Ass. CoP at 7.950, etc...

If anything, I think the focus should be on the way Eclipse handles taxes, which seriously needs an overhaul both in terms of the bracket percentages and how the server calculates total wealth.

I would be inclined to say I would have to fully agree with Cyrus Raven on this one that the taxes perhaps should be reevaluated and the determining of the wealth calculations. It really doesn't take long at all to get into the top tax bracket. A couple of crappy cars, maybe a 3G house, and the next paycheck you are up there. 

Wile it is weird that practically all the freelance jobs earn more than a starter in any gov job.

I gues the ooc reasoning behind this is that faction jobs are way more enjoyable and youre payed less for the fun of the roleplay. The IC reason for this is that freelance jobs are just more work and more monotonous work and payment is also relevant to the amount of work you put in.

For example, like ok truck driving is 7k/ hour if you dont crash and roadwork/burgershot is the same if you dont die 😛

Mind you most of my experience is in the DCC, so this will be DCC focused but it applies to all the actual companies.

Most faction companies have a startwage of 5500/hour with the CEO making 8k/hour, some companies might raise the starter wage if they are short on people. But yea thats a 2500$/ difference that we can play with to spread it among the ranks, which isnt all that mush.

To give you an idea, when Tom started with the DCC in 2020, the starting wage was $4k so that was raised $1500, wile to my knowledge the CEO's wage hasn't changed.

Lots of members from our faction bring up commisions for taking taxirequests, wile it would be cool to have an added bonus, this has pros and cons though.

1. members in management spend more time doing administration stuff or training poeple, so they would miss out on the added bonus.

2. people who play on the less populated shifts will miss out on the added bonus.

3. as with the other performance relative jobs, people will fight for calls.

4. you cant give PD/SD/DOC performance based bonusses because they will start arresting more people just to get more money 😛 

About raising the maximum wage to 10k, contrary to what some people think, I am sure this will have an impact on the economy. As with the real economy, flooding the system with extra money will just make everything more expencive in the long run.

Do the wages need to be balanced? yes, its crazy to think an inmate can earn more than a CEO and its crazy that nobody wants to play MD cuz you can earn more at burger shot.

+1

Either increase salaries or decrease inflated things such as food etc

So odd to pay $500-$700 for something like food which your character constantly needs.

Drain rate from my estimation is full to empty around 4.5 hours. 
Price of food/water averages around 500 each.
1000$ every 4.5 hours
6 times a day = $6000
6000$ a day x 7 days in a week

42k a week

168k a month x 12 months in a year

2M a year in food. 

Essentially eating the price of a 10F Widebody+2G apartment. 

I'm all for fixing the inflation but at the same time, salaries do no really make sense considering prices of EVERYTHING.

Any promotion I've had on my legal, feels as if I'm more excited over the additions to my permissions on my character, and the financial raise is so minimal.  As much as the rich getting richer; This makes sense. Chief of Police is probably already loaded, but imagine the amount of time spent to become Chief of police vs the payout. 

I think the wage gaps between each promotion should be way bigger. 

EXAMPLE:
PO1: $5000
PO2: $8000 
As a main criminal, I still think legal character's = putting forth effort to move up = financially rewardable

Edited by Carl Vespucci

8 hours ago, Kellie said:

Seeing how little people work at government jobs that are actually needed, an increase in the pay could be a good start to make them more attractive. 

The people in the position of the pay raise would be people who have played the server for years already, increasing the top 2 ranks really wouldn't help new people join for base pay still. 

42 minutes ago, Carl Vespucci said:

Either increase salaries or decrease inflated things such as food etc

So odd to pay $500-$700 for something like food which your character constantly needs.

"The stores are run by player owned businesses so they have to be priced high so they can make money!"

4 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

Wile it is weird that practically all the freelance jobs earn more than a starter in any gov job.

Freelance jobs are not a guaranteed income for being clocked on in any job, busy or not factions get paid. 

4 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

its crazy that nobody wants to play MD cuz you can earn more at burger shot.

MD can make crazy money with patient drop off bonuses and working with a friend doing a duo shift along with hourly.

To the original post, does increasing pay by 2k or 3k really give any balance to the game? No. It just is going to inflate the economy more and make people who only make 5k unable to afford anything really

Edited by Puzzling
  • Like 2

Cops make a shitload of money because you don't really feel the hours on-duty like you feel them working at LSC or DOC. Join a pursuit, arrest a person, do the paperwork for it, that's already an hour of salary. I used to make a lot of money too but taxes were reducing my salary of a Lieutenant to a Police Officer I. That's because I made millions within PD, especially when I first joined the faction and during Covid, doing 40h+ a week with a low tax bracket.

Increasing the salary of ANY job, being it scripted or a faction job, would hurt the economy, inflate the prices of high-end assets and make it harder for people that are new to the server.

You can buy a burger for $500 if I am not mistaken. You can make that money in 5 minutes or less. Let's say you buy two sandwiches instead. That's about $1200. We're still talking about what you would make in 10-12 minutes while working a scripted job so the price of food is just right.

I am aware that this started as a meme because a faction member started talking shit about LSPD, his own faction, and was saying that we get paid 10k and blah blah.