Paulius

Speed cameras

Speed cameras  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed cameras be implemented?

This poll is closed to new votes

59 minutes ago, Tomvd682 said:

pls no I don't want to have to drive 70 km/h

so your saying that you speed 160 in your town all the time... if yes fail RP if no then do it the game. the speed limit is fast enuff already. and people blowing the red lights all the time is not safe eather

A huge part of the players who voted for "No." seem to be IC criminals or people, where I know, they don't care for correct driving partially or at all...

Cruise speed driving isn't really enjoyable with the engine getting stuck in second gear and going 70 km/h, if we drive just with the keyboard, there should be definitely a tolerance, when the speed camera gets actually triggered for each road, where a speed camera is set up. I would suggest, 10 km/h tolerance in town and 20 km/h out of town.

Edited by Com783
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tylergo20 said:

so your saying that you speed 160 in your town all the time... if yes fail RP if no then do it the game. the speed limit is fast enuff already. and people blowing the red lights all the time is not safe eather

No, I usually drive +/- 200 km/h

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheCanadian said:

That's as silly as me saying "if you vote yes, you're an idiot who votes for things with little to no information provided."

Why even bother saying that? Needless confrontation. 

What is any reason to vote no besides wishing to speed without any sort of care?

2 minutes ago, Resfiel420 said:

What is any reason to vote no besides wishing to speed without any sort of care?

If that's what you think you clearly haven't read any sort of counter-arguments in this thread. There are many reasons. Here ill number them to make it nice and neat.

1) How would it be billed, flat $ or a percentage of what you have in the bank?

2) would it bill the owner, in this case what would happen with stolen vehicles?

3) would they be in fixed places, if so where? literally every street, or just near NCZ areas?

4) would they add other RP elements to be able to contest the speeding tickets i.e court system?

5) would the police and emt be immune? because you can see them be frequent offenders as well.

6) Would it bill automatically, or notify the police of locations of frequent speeders?

7) Would there be any form of counterplay to this other than the scrapyard cars? perhaps be able to purchase a fairly expensive item that blacks out your plate?

8 ) How would it effect those of us who do legitimate jobs in transportation, currently it is based off of distanced travel so there is even more of an incentive to not follow the traffic lights and speed limit. Get it done as fast as possible so you can get paid as fast as possible. (The exception to this would be salary income employees such as taxi drivers). Would they increase the pay to make it an incentive to do those jobs, or just keep the same pay but now you have to follow the laws to not get dinged by a ticket. (also, to add onto this, if youre driving a truck or any sort of other vehicle for a job, it would be great not having to pay out of pocket for gas, companies cover that.)

With literally no information to go off of on any of the topics, the better question instead of asking "why would you vote no" is why would you vote yes? they have not elaborated on any points brought up or how it would effect those in the server.

I'm sure i forgot a thing or two, but those are some of the biggest points i have brought up, and seen brought up.

I can only hope we're going to be given a bit more information on how these will work prior to implementation but, as is, something needs to be done about the non-rp norm of blazing down roads in the city going 180+ kmph. LSPD does not have the resources to handle it as is because..  Well, bloody everyone is doing it.

I came to vote no. 

Obviously, the supercars speeding around and launching across intersections at 200 km/h are a problem.  That said, if you think of this from the perspective of newer players to the server (of which I am one); this system (unless backed-up by a real points system with loss of license implications etc) is really just a punishment for poorer/newer players.  Speed cameras backed only by speeding tickers will just result in a system where you can drive as fast as you can afford (which for richer/established players, is basically unlimited).

Newer/poorer players who have to drive to make money (buses, couriers, truckers) are the ones who will be impacted the most.  They'll make money slower (because of the mandated slower driving), and because they're always driving in town to make money, they stand to rack up the most tickets. 

If we want people to focus on obeying the rules of the road, the speed limit in town needs to be upped a little (30, when translated to this map, is overly slow in almost all parts of town).  Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but the traffic lights are awful -- they need to run on more realistic timers.  They should not be switching from red to green and back every few seconds.

Yes and no. I think it should be a "budget" thing, thus limited cameras. My preference would be that they are deployed mostly around NCZ places, and maybe outside of any mechanic shop, as I feel this would help lower the amount of injured persons at these NCZ areas because someone flew in too fast. These are just my two cents though.

I voted yes, because I love the idea of having speeding cameras in certain areas. It's pretty ridiculous to see almost every single vehicle going at least 150+ in the city. But I would like to see some ideas and functionality behind them. It would make sense to have stationary cameras in some NCZ areas, but I wonder if portable ones are also being considered here.

• Due to the lack of vehicle security and how easy they are to break in to, it would make sense that the cameras would only fine owners of the vehicle if they are in the car (any seat) or nearby. In the future if vehicle security can get upgraded at the mechanics, that could change.
  • Wearing masks shouldn't protect people from getting a ticket.
  • If you're using a company vehicle, the employee is usually fined (except emergency services).
  • Sooner or later people will be able to memorize where stationary cameras are and avoid/slow down in that area. To combat that, it would be great if portable cameras would be a thing (either in a vehicle or a placeable object). If you find it before PD downloads the shots, you could destroy it so nobody that got sniped would get a fine. You may also get arrested.
  • Radar detectors that work sometimes, maybe?
  • It would make sense that speeding tickets would be issued out with a delay, maybe every IG week. People that got tickets would receive an SMS from the PD (automated) on the # of fines they got and how much it'll cost them in total.

Sometimes some traffic enforcement (parking tickets, towing and portable speeding cameras) are done by a different government service and not the PD IRL. This could be a good way to introduce a new faction to the game that basically takes care of that (with possibly more things to do later on, like appealing a ticket within time). PD could still do these things, but I think having another faction to help them out in that way could be beneficial.

I think more laws should also be added also, maybe vehicles being impounded for way longer times or even taken away and being auctioned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JasonG said:

Speed cameras always sound like a great idea, but they never are. When they implemented them on NG-G everybody was for it but quickly realized why they didn't want them. If someone steals your car and racks up the tickets, then it's the owner's responsibility to pay them no matter what. This is not how it is in real life. If someone is in a roleplay situation where they're getting chased, and they're driving through the city (which happens A LOT on here), then they're going to get tickets. And without playing with a controller, and without using cruise control, it's almost impossible to control your speed using a keyboard. Sure they sound like a great idea in theory, but people will quickly realize that they do not want them.

I suggested the idea, to NobodyLTU to add a way for police officers to mark vehicles as stolen, should a civilian report them stolen ICly. This, would not only prevent tickets from going on the owner, but it would also ping owners and/or PD whenever a stolen vehicle is seen speeding through a camera. 

8 hours ago, Andor said:

Im a taxi driver and I almost never had this problem because even when the light is green I look both ways. 

I do too. Heck, I do this in real life because people are insane in real life too.

But it's not always a guarantee. I'll look left, then I'll look right... and while I'm looking right, someone will appear from my left and fly into me as I go through the intersection.

11 minutes ago, Louie Lane said:

-1, Mehh most of the roads are empty. unless the cameras are for NCZ's only.

I do have to agree on this from one side. We try to be as realistic as possible COMPARED to IRL, but we don't/cannot have everything we have IRL. IRL, there are far more cars on teh road, so alot of traffic rules. Sadly, GTA got way less.
What I am saying is that Louie does have a slight point in my eyes. IF the speedcamera's should be added, it would make sense to have them into palces where safety is more important and wehre its more croweded (so, NCZ's).
(IMO) we don't always have to have things like IRL, it needs to be balanced and make sense like it does IRL. Imagine the amount of people you encounter in GTA on the highway now... If the highway was so empty IRL the speedlimit was probably set higher.

I still stick to my +1, but again... we need more details to give a proper opinion.

• Like 2