Paulius

Speed cameras

Speed cameras  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed cameras be implemented?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Andor said:

In real life we dont go around shooting eachother because we are in a argument. So just because it happens in real life doesnt really hold up here. When thinking of a new game mechanic you have to think about the follow things. Are there more important things you need to focus on? If no, will it be fun? If yes, will it have counter play? If yes, sure go ahead

Just because speed cameras aren't fun for YOU, that doesnt mean it should not be implemented, alot of people on the server give a shit about the "Heavy RP community" And therefor just let the votes talk for themselves really. I think this would be a great feature!

2 minutes ago, McCatalyst said:

I doubt it's about giving cops more tools than making the environment in a big city less arcady and more realistic.

Its a video game, so then we should make everything more realistic. Have a court system so you can defend yourself against charges, I have had times when I was charged thought I should defend myself, spoke to a officer and he said: make a IA report but you are going to jail.
Make cops fear for their lifes when outnumbered, not rely on uber armor. Have criminals not go into a shootout for fun every day.
Make when people die they respawn 30 minutes later because it would be weird if they are out instantly. 
So many things are arcady and could be more realistic before this should be thought about in my humble opinion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Okay, it honestly sound like you're from a lawless city, or maybe just live in a criminal area.
In my country, the police heavily enforce traffic regulations, and we have speed traps all over the country.
You know how most people who speed, avoid these cameras? 
They get an app that state where the cameras are, so they slow down right before the cameras as to not get a ticket.

^^ That is how you should 'avoid' the cameras.
Not putting them up because some criminals doesn't find it " fair " is ridiculous. 

+1

• Like 1

I really think we need something to make players slow down on this server. even police officers that off duty and paramedics speed off duty. a lot of players act out of character when driving from A to B when they are alone. there should be something to punish this.

+1

1 minute ago, Nick_Smokerson said:

Just because speed cameras aren't fun for YOU, that doesnt mean it should not be implemented, alot of people on the server give a shit about the "Heavy RP community" And therefor just let the votes talk for themselves really. I think this would be a great feature!

If you're voting without information might as well leave it up for a coinflip, as it currently is we have literally 0 information as to how it would be put into the server.

Just now, TheCanadian said:

If you're voting without information might as well leave it up for a coinflip, as it currently is we have literally 0 information as to how it would be put into the server.

i doubt they would implement it, without informing us how, this is just a question being put out there - do we want speed cameras to stop the ridicolous speeding?

4 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Okay, it honestly sound like you're from a lawless city, or maybe just live in a criminal area.
In my country, the police heavily enforce traffic regulations, and we have speed traps all over the country.
You know how most people who speed, avoid these cameras? 
They get an app that state where the cameras are, so they slow down right before the cameras as to not get a ticket.

^^ That is how you should 'avoid' the cameras.
Not putting them up because some criminals doesn't find it " fair " is ridiculous. 

I live in the netherlands, and I live in a very lawfull part of it. So that doesnt really hold up. Im just saying people hate those things and blow them up all the time 

3 minutes ago, Nick_Smokerson said:

I agree it shoudnt be just about me, but I think I brought up valid points that I feel there should be other things implemented before we put in speed cameras because currently we arent on the level of RP that would justify those things.

1 minute ago, Andor said:

Its a video game, so then we should make everything more realistic. Have a court system so you can defend yourself against charges, I have had times when I was charged thought I should defend myself, spoke to a officer and he said: make a IA report but you are going to jail.
Make cops fear for their lifes when outnumbered, not rely on uber armor. Have criminals not go into a shootout for fun every day.
Make when people die they respawn 30 minutes later because it would be weird if they are out instantly. 
So many things are arcady and could be more realistic before this should be thought about in my humble opinion

Some of things could probably be resolved with someone willing to take responsibility for what you've mentioned above. But since you can't make people do something with quality without paying them those things remain up to incentive of the community. Some things above are mentioned in the rules. But something like this can be regulated with script and script will work with or without people involved so that's a start. That's how I see it.

Can we make sure we stay on topic? This isn't about PD being overpowered or not. If anything, this system can be completely separate from PD. The only thing PD does here, is automatically add the tickets to your record, c'est tout. As mentioned before, this is a suggestion to make the city safer. This idea doesn't stem from PD, this idea stems from a forum suggestion.

I'd like to see these camera's be automatic. PD calls can get very overwhelming as is at times, and it'd seem like a waste of time to let an officer show up to the scene to write out a ticket.

We need to agree on a speed limit. I personally think over 100 in the city is enough to warrant a speeding ticket. I cruise at 80 myself at times. This could also be a community vote, tho.

On the one hand, it'd be a good idea to make a system register if a person flies through every stop at 200, and alert PD. On the other hand, I see this easily being used to start copbaiting. It's a hard balance to make.

Try to keep the discussion constructive. Give your elaborate opinion why you'd vote yes or no. Only together can we make this suggestion work!

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_Smokerson said:

i doubt they would implement it, without informing us how, this is just a question being put out there - do we want speed cameras to stop the ridicolous speeding?

That isn't the point i am making. The point is that they are asking the community to vote without elaborating on how they would work... Would they then add a court system to have you rp in there to contest speeding tickets? along with all the other things i mentioned, if they add a court system then this could add interesting RP. But we should ask them to have a frame of reference on how it would work before making a poll... 

I live in the netherlands, and I live in a very lawfull part of it. So that doesnt really hold up. Im just saying people hate those things and blow them up all the time 

I agree it shoudnt be just about me, but I think I brought up valid points that I feel there should be other things implemented before we put in speed cameras because currently we arent on the level of RP that would justify those things.

Well, working togheter to raise the standard of RP on the server is something we're all togheter in.

5 minutes ago, Andor said:

+1

Adding a court system would add A LOT of potential RP experiences, you could now be lawyers and have clients, contest their speeding tickets or whatever other violation they have... also i agree on the no cooldown when you die, i find that abit strange... And it seems you cannot really contest any charges brought to you because the officers have the final say, if there would be a court system then that would be much better.

also -1 speeding cameras until they elaborate on the implementation 

6 minutes ago, Andor said:

About cops not being overpowered. Well, normally cops are not going to go into a party with armed criminals with 4 normal on duty officers and try to arrest people. That alone should proof they are over powered. If you want to go into detail lets not do it here

I don't think you know enough about law enforcement to say that it's non rp for a cop to go into a party and make an arrest.
A lot of cops make arrest in populated areas where the crowd mentality is against them ( eg; the hood, slums, lower part of the city )
The only difference between this server and reality, is that in reality, even if there's a group, a lot of the time they don't bother the police except maybe yelling a bit. 
Because in reality people understand that attacking the cops mean going to prison, but it's like the majority of the criminals on this server all come from Russia, because they rather talk shit and shoot the cop, than actually rp being afraid of going to prison.

If you have suggestions to make the server seem more realistic, make a server suggestion.
There is a government faction currently being developed, so there's most likely going to be a court system.
And the whole fear roleplay thing, is being played pretty bad by both parties.

Most players don't roleplay their character properly, as there are no consequences, which makes some player just roleplay these badass never-fear-death-super-robbers/cops.
Which is a shame.

Just now, ranchy said:

Before I vote 

I don't know what speed camera is.

Can someone enlighten me

A speed camera, tracks the speed of your vehicle and if it goes above a certain speed tolerance, it will get triggered and a picture of the vehicle and the driver will be sent to the Police Department (in a server sense) and you will be ticketed according your speed above the tolerance speed. The higher you speed, past a speed camera, the higher the cost will be for you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheCanadian said:

That isn't the point i am making. The point is that they are asking the community to vote without elaborating on how they would work... Would they then add a court system to have you rp in there to contest speeding tickets? along with all the other things i mentioned, if they add a court system then this could add interesting RP. But we should ask them to have a frame of reference on how it would work before making a poll... 

i dont think speed cameras calls for a Court system, there is not even a goverment in place yet. I think that is something they would probably add at some later time, with a larger playerbase to actually support a working goverment. And as Elisabeth Stated, obviusly they wouldnt put a speeding camera on every single road. but probably in the most affected areas. I do agree with your statement, that a further explanation would be nice, on how exactly they are planning on doing it, if it's implemented. BUT, again, i think this is just a "does the community want this" poll. Not a "WERE DOING IT RIGHT THIS MINUTE" if you get what i mean. Overall - Would the community want to have speed camera implemented? Just think how a speed camera works in real life and there you go, automatically sends the ticket.

4 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

On the one hand, it'd be a good idea to make a system register if a person flies through every stop at 200, and alert PD. On the other hand, I see this easily being used to start copbaiting. It's a hard balance to make.

If that would be how speed cameras are implemented, i do not think you should count it as cop baiting (depending on the extent, and the rp stemming from it) because at that point alot of interesting RP that can be had with police automatically is written off as cop baiting. there should be a difference between going 250 on the north-most part of the highway where you can assume you are most likely alone, VS doing a burnout in front of a cop at an intersection.

1 minute ago, Vasquez said:

I don't think you know enough about law enforcement to say that it's non rp for a cop to go into a party and make an arrest.
A lot of cops make arrest in populated areas where the crowd mentality is against them ( eg; the hood, slums, lower part of the city )
The only difference between this server and reality, is that in reality, even if there's a group, a lot of the time they don't bother the police except maybe yelling a bit. 
Because in reality people understand that attacking the cops mean going to prison, but it's like the majority of the criminals on this server all come from Russia, because they rather talk shit and shoot the cop, than actually rp being afraid of going to prison.

If you have suggestions to make the server seem more realistic, make a server suggestion.
There is a government faction currently being developed, so there's most likely going to be a court system.
And the whole fear roleplay thing, is being played pretty bad by both parties.

Most players don't roleplay their character properly, as there are no consequences, which makes some player just roleplay these badass never-fear-death-super-robbers/cops.
Which is a shame.

First point: Lets make a seperate discussion and keep it out of here, we already annoyed the lovely liz ❤️

Second point, I suggest a few things in this very topic to why I think speed cameras shoudnt be worked on before we tackle them.
But if you want me to make a list of suggestions, and all of them. I can always make a other thread and give you a cheeky tag to talk about them

16 minutes ago, McCatalyst said:

Sure, but make it a passive system where the fines aren't automatically paid but accumulate like welfare and if they reach certain amount make the vehicle and driver wanted. Impound the car and forbid the owner from purchasing (registering) new cars.

In addition to what I mentioned before add levels to fine based on how much above the speed limit the vehicle was going. Like some countries use 10 - 15 km/h, 15 - 30 km/h and 30+ etc. km/h above speed limit each has a different fine. Speed limit city center, some parts of highways maybe. If what you make is anything similar to that I'm voting yes.

5 minutes ago, ranchy said:

Before I vote 

I don't know what speed camera is.

Can someone enlighten me

a speed camera is a little camera in the side of the road, that detects vehicles speed, Eg. If the speed limit is 50, and you travel at 60 kmh past it, it will detect you're doing 10kmh over the limit, and take a picture of you automatically, and automatically send it to the PD and then you get a speeding ticket on your license plate basically.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

We need to agree on a speed limit. I personally think over 100 in the city is enough to warrant a speeding ticket. I cruise at 80 myself at times. This could also be a community vote, tho.

Maybe people just need to be properly informed, because there's already an IG code of law.

Speeding (City Speed Limit: 70 KMH - County Roads: 110 KPH - Highway Speed Limit: 130 KPH)

Under the faction

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSgkMP4BUgMytnbha6Q8ebMshk3nKTjajxaCjSXt3v9_YsJPdXJWj8iF8dcANOMP93f8JiJeNxyw_TC/pubhtml

section of the forum, you can find it here

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/

Edited by Vasquez

2 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Maybe people just need to be properly informed, because there's already an IG code of law.

It's all mentioned when you do the driving test at the DMV so people do know the limit. The distinction being whats considered speeding, VS the irl version of following traffic. (i.e 120 on highways, 80-85s in 70 zones, etc. I just hope it's implemented reasonably... That's all. 

• Like 1