Paulius

Speed cameras

Speed cameras  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed cameras be implemented?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, chaoticjoy1 said:

+1

As long as it's not automatically deducted from my bank, and you have to pay the ticket at the PD, I'm game

3 minutes ago, chaoticjoy1 said:

+1

As long as it's not automatically deducted from my bank, and you have to pay the ticket at the PD, I'm game

+1 or the DMV would be a more realistic place to pay your tickets ( atleast thats where americans do it i think )

i dont think so if its good idea those speed cameras because people are chopping the cars non stop now and anyone who will use your car will be charged for speeding on your name and will lead you to wanted which is not really good idea, + i guess better not to put any new things into the server since we got alot of more issues and bugs in the server at this time, not better focus on fixing the main bugs and then try to add something new into the server?

and +100 for Andor post

Edited by Psychas

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I think it would be a really nice positive addition and encourage better driving in populated areas!

I think this would encourage better driving not only in the populated areas, but also generally across the map, since you dont really know if there actually *IS* a speed camera on that long country road. 😛

1 minute ago, Psychas said:

i dont think so if its good idea those speed cameras because people are chopping the cars non stop now and anyone who will use your car will be charged for speeding on your name and will lead you to wanted which is not really good idea, + i guess better not to put any new things into the server since we got alot of more issues and bugs in the server at this time, not better focus on fixing the main bugs and then try to add something new into the server?

and +100 for Andor post

there has been no talk on HOW it will be done yet, but more a question to the general community, do we want speed cameras in general?

Just now, Nick_Smokerson said:

I think this would encourage better driving not only in the populated areas, but also generally across the map, since you dont really know if there actually *IS* a speed camera on that long country road. 😛<span>

IF we really wana be anal, and follow the "more like real life" argument people seem to be putting forwards as a reason why they should be implemented... When and if speed cameras are implemented they should remain stationary, so once you know the map you know where they are (with lets say the exception of a few cameras that move) because IRL, usually theyre mounted on intersections or on the other side of the shoulder on the highway, permanently there. The exception being those that get towed and moved around based off of the time of day.

This would allow people to learn the map and dodge the cameras, and in turn make it more realistic... You know, because of RP and all. Also, adding a radar detector would be interesting (apologies if its already in the game. havent looked in every store) because that would be more realistic too, and then if you get caught with one you get a massive fine, similar to IRL depending on the country.

27 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Also forgot to mention how would this effect jobs that are based off of distance traveled and not straight salary? (i.e trucker, delivery driver, etc?) right now there is no incentive to follow traffic laws as being one of those employees because its based on distance traveled, so why take 30minutes following speed limits when 15 would get you there faster, and in turn make you more money? if the pay is adjusted and its implemented in a reasonable manner, i can see this working potentially. But as of now without more information, i just think its silly to put up a poll.

This is one of my key issues with this lack of information. If you wish to make a fair amount of legitimate money doing one of these jobs listed above, you can either sacrifice more time for the same amount of money or half the time and make more money at the cost of breaking the rules of the road. I think the system is a little wack as it currently stands, and if you were to put in speed cameras I feel as if it would become a grind that wouldn’t be worth the time.

Just now, TheCanadian said:

IF we really wana be anal, and follow the "more like real life" argument people seem to be putting forwards as a reason why they should be implemented... When and if speed cameras are implemented they should remain stationary, so once you know the map you know where they are (with lets say the exception of a few cameras that move) because IRL, usually theyre mounted on intersections or on the other side of the shoulder on the highway, permanently there. The exception being those that get towed and moved around based off of the time of day.

This would allow people to learn the map and dodge the cameras, and in turn make it more realistic... You know, because of RP and all. Also, adding a radar detector would be interesting (apologies if its already in the game. havent looked in every store) because that would be more realistic too, and then if you get caught with one you get a massive fine, similar to IRL depending on the country.

Agreed. I also meant Ic'ly. not that they would be moveable. You'd have to find out where they are Ic'ly and dodge them yes.

5 minutes ago, Nick_Smokerson said:

there has been no talk on HOW it will be done yet, but more a question to the general community, do we want speed cameras in general?

Its a leading question though, do you guys want speed cameras, yes or no. Not yes but not now, yes now, yes but only if you fix the bugs first, no never, no but maybe if the rp standard improves and so on.

Because if we vote yes the devs can say well we worked on speed cameras because you wanted it instead of working on other things.

people are talking about making the server to more real life things, we shouldn't say that since PD players are immortal, shooting in the head 10 times not dying, so i dont think so if this server going towards more like real life

Edited by Psychas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Psychas said:

people are talking about making the server to more real life things, we should say that since PD players are immortal, shooting in the head 10 times not dying, so i dont think so if this server going towards more like real life

Agreed, more like real life is not more like fun heavier RP

6 minutes ago, Kaizure said:

Being someone who actually RP's driving the speed limit and stopping at stop lights, it gets super annoying how often I get rammed into from the side / behind because everyone else is blasting through the city at 200+.

+200

+5000 serioulsy this happens so often to me aswell. or like Near misses often

7 minutes ago, Kaizure said:

Being someone who actually RP's driving the speed limit and stopping at stop lights, it gets super annoying how often I get rammed into from the side / behind because everyone else is blasting through the city at 200+.

+200

Im a taxi driver and I almost never had this problem because even when the light is green I look both ways. 

1 minute ago, Andor said:

Its a leading question though, do you guys want speed cameras, yes or no. Not yes but not now, yes now, yes but only if you fix the bugs first, no never, no but maybe if the rp standard improves and so on.

Because if we vote yes the devs can say well we worked on speed cameras because you wanted it instead of working on other things.

+1. Asking if we want them, and not asking how they should or would be elaborated. just a 'yes/no' question. They can look at this poll and say 'huh, most people want speed cameras, lets put them in!' if most people vote yes because they can see it as a seal of approval as people voted yes so they should be implemented without creating another poll asking HOW they should be implemented...  To re-iterate i think this poll is just irresponsible 

4 minutes ago, Com783 said:

We have to move forward guys. Escaping the trend of GTA Online, where everyone drives like they want, just because they have the power to do so. This is a roleplay server, if you like it or not.

Thats a great idea! But why focus on driving only? If we want to make it more like RP and like real life, cops should die from a 9mm placed between the eyes

2 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Thats a great idea! But why focus on driving only? If we want to make it more like RP and like real life, cops should die from a 9mm placed between the eyes

Driving is very important as most players pass each other in vehicles. When the majority of players spend the majority of their time in a car, then I think it's important to start of by making the driving more rp. After that, we could always improve the damage on bullets etc. 

1 minute ago, Vasquez said:

Driving is very important as most players pass each other in vehicles. When the majority of players spend the majority of their time in a car, then I think it's important to start of by making the driving more rp. After that, we could always improve the damage on bullets etc. 

the cars if damaged should also keep the damage and not reswapn bran new