Revelt

Current State of Eclipse Roleplay

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

@Revelt comparing a voice RP server with a text RP server is not very good. I talked about this recently with a few people, as we all came from text RP, but it's definitively a whole different thing. In text RP, whenever you spoke, you had to type. It was very natural to continue typing and add a /me or an /ame. Even something as simple as /me nods. It felt natural.

However, in voice RP. There will be times when I talk to people while they're being cuffed, and they stop answering to /mes and /dos, because they're talking, and they want to keep talking, but you can not talk while typing. In voice RP, typing (and therefore roleplaying) feels unnatural, because it stops you from talking, when you want to do it. 

I think that this is a really important distinction that people do not consider.

It is whole different thing, and yes ofc because to use IC Chat you need to type, to do an action you need to type as well.
you don't get the point, the point is, majority of people don't care about your RP, lets say, i'm doing an action that i'm standing on my knees after get cuff, due to the cuff script not allow you to do /down i'll just write a /me , i can believe that no one will notice it, i'm not attacking you personally or something, but this is the fact and the truth of eclipse roleplay, no one cares about another player's RP , they just want to do have a chit and chat conversation and stuff. meanwhile you forgot the BASIC "RP" itself. you don't develop your own character. people laugh when there is someone got ran over, majority of people barely using their behavior to their prior event. lets say a car crash. i'm gonna take one of example. I literally just got ran over, i did the animation and /me /do, they still yelling "hands now hands , hands" dude i'm fucking dying , i got ran over ? i want to RP not to get jail and done done?

No offense phillipe, i like your RP, Peace ^^v

• Like 2

yeah guys the problem is server quiz and is very easy. why when I kill a new player because he is in the drug lab i cant loot him and take his gun ((old design)) 

it is quiz and new players fault 

2 or 3  official gangs in server and just abusing the black market to import guns and just looking to some how use it . and soon as the get unofficial ((no more black market heavy guns )) they announce we are disbanding because is not point to be in this faction because we wanna join other official faction 

it is because of the usages of /me and /do 

all the criminal gang member when they lose they just log in on the PD character and focus their enemies and no way to prove it all the player are free to play ant thing they want 

it is robbery rules and NCZ fault  

player put 18 drug table inside the 2g Apartment only and only to feed his MPC's to import gun and give it to another unofficial faction or group of people they don't even have topic on player faction . to they attack other official gang because  is IC Issue and that player with out any problem post a picture in the discord faction Chanel to show how he or she  cook nothing wrong with the rp there is just a way to I feed MPC'S and we only cook LSD because is not need to get ambushed when you trying to get marijuana from labs 

it is your fault if you wanna role play as a criminal most likely you should be a pore criminal who can't even pay for his food and be 9 hours in jail 

it is drug labs fault to they turn to a ambush ,robbery zone no one will ask you IC and OOC what was the reason for the rob or demands you just can kill people and rob people because is criminal activity 

it is the server fault when you rob a player inside the drug lab the MPC ((the guy literally standing there jerking off)) no doing any thing to save me because rply that guy is Black Market Representative and even he talk with you and rp with you but you don't see that you just see (( press E to sell  )) 

it is cheat engine faults is not smart enough to found the cheaters but wait a sec cheater is rolling with another gang ((official gang )) and he Does not die in a single shout outs and I don't know how hard it is to that faction Knew he is cheating NOT MY JOB why should I report him 

all of this behavior all of this nurf  requested buy your self and  all of it because of you abusing it or you let other people abuse it and didn't do any thing about it and is will be more trust me . i am waiting for that day you will not be able to put your gun out if you are not inside a drug lab 

Edited by Qiang
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

The members of this community are priveleged to play on this server, but what doesn't seem to be understood is this server is priveleged to have players.

There are good and bad things in regards to management, but when criticisms are given, there is a consistent fear of being banned. People in the last 2 or 3 years have put significant levels of hours into this server, let alone the amount of money, but say 1 thing wrong or even make a suggestion on the forum in regards to PD and you are in threat of being banned is one of the reasons why toxicity grows at the bottom. If people cannot express their opinions without being chastised for it, something is very wrong. That sends out an air of intense insecurity. Take the criticism the same way it comes from the top down, or, look at how feedback is given. 

There are a certain few staff who go above and beyond to get to know the community and for that you should be applauded. Others make a judgement call that impacts often 40 plus people at one time based on bias, and singular instances. You can do your best but if a certain person doesn't like your leader they will do everything in their power to make sure any privileges you have are revoked. 

Expression of issues is hard to do when emotions are involved. Some are better than others. But if you refuse to hear the points that are being made you will breed an air of disdain. 

If our discords in private cannot be used to discuss issues, other discords get created, which end up leading to even more rule breaks as they are completely unmonitored. Complaining in private is often 100x worse for the outcome. People need to vent. It has to be done. We are all people at the end of the day. 

Leaders alone cannot run a group, but groups are run by multiple people. Every person has a role and if the group they are in feel they are leading them down the wrong path or doing the group injustice they will be organically removed. Forcing leadership changes for things that only a glimpse has been shown is a deadly path and I urge you not to do it. For me, and with Aztecas, I would not have reached the position without the leadership that existed. When there was issues with the old leadership it organically sorted itself out. There needs to be numerous discussions with staff and players. When staff begin to make that decision, unconscious bias comes into play. 

And speaking of, if people refuse to investigate issues when brought up and purely shot down due to emotions, that is wrong. 

There needs to be strict rules on time between characters and if moving to an alt, not attending a scene. PD is the fall back for criminals. And criminals is fun for PD. Metagaming scenes will occur and if something is not done to stop that, well, that's on you. 

The way we are spoken to by some members of staff is abhorrent, if we cannot speak back in a constructive manner. Simply ignoring issues will not make it go away. Again, there are staff who are amazing. If you take offence to this point step back and ask yourself are you part and parcel of the issue. Those who tried to help are often looked down on or almost like a sympathiser. Stand up more. And be the change you want to see. 

A criminal on this server in a lot of ways is seen as a lesser human than a PD character. The way people who play criminal are spoken to and about is shameful. Every person is equal. 

Mental health plays a huge reason why people become heavily invested in roleplay. We do it to escape realities for a short time. When people are berated for rp, and requests for alt rp are not responded to for weeks and months, it reduces that realism. Set times for responses and implementation of rp needs to exist. We understand your human too and it takes time so for example approve or decline alt rp within a month, and then agree when it will occur. Sitting waiting on alt rp is honestly so frustrating that at times the concepts and ideas are just given up on. I personally have been lucky to have mine approved at times, but if I want to alt rp wiggling the phone out of my pocket when I have escaped in cuffs, that should be looked at and approved by the admin online. The admin can approve and decline as they see fit. Guidelines can exist and it will encourage more rp overall. And no I'm not talking about bomb making approved on the spot. So please do not try to take this out of context. 

The public robbery rule was brought in to prevent people being robbed everywhere. It was a benefit overall. The idea the city was full of people was truly a great concept. However when it is only applied to criminals, something is wrong. Police seem not know or understand that this is a rule we have had in place for quite some time now. I was told only a few weeks ago that there are no other considered people in the city. I explained there are and had to /report 1 and ask a staff member to explain this concept to them. 

PD need to follow the rules the same as criminals. Criminals wake up every day and check the forums. Read the decisions. We spend hours reading every day the outcomes of reports as this feeds what we do. I recently met a PD officer who didn't know what the archive for reports is. That speaks volumes. And on that point, rulings seem to be contradictory at times. Of course each scenario will be different, but often times it will be the same scenario but a different mod takes the report and I know personally depending on which admin takes it what the result will be, regardless of the issue. This is wrong and needs serious looking at. 

Jail times are too long. Simple. An ooc punishment for an ic issue is beyond acceptable. Fine the life out of them, but putting someone in doc for 9/10 and I have seen 19 hours for rp that was enjoyed on both sides is unacceptable. I believe most PD would think themselves fair and read this and think, wow I would never. But there are those who do. If you see it, call them out. Make it a whistle blowing mission. 

Coming from that point, there should be a reward system for whistle blowing on PD. 

Notice above how I mention PD and not SD? I would like to thank the SD department of this server for the RP and fairness that is displayed. Not all perfect but significantly more fair than PD. PD need to take a long look at the issues internally and if what Bala said is to be taken on, remove the Rot from the top. Poor leaders is not only for criminals. 

I have many many many more points to make but I would like to see the rest of what the community have to say. 

• Like 45
  • POG 1

I was most definitely not talking about LSPD leadership when I made the stop the rot comment about faction leadership. 

I'm talking about faction leaders who advocate the unnecessary and unrealistic IC provocation of factions, then complain when there is a reaction from said factions. I'm talking about faction leaders that twist our report and punishment systems to push their own agendas and get their own back on players for nefarious reasons. Those kind of faction leaders create those kinds of factions.

I have a lot of time and respect for the work you did with Aztecas, Alicia. I told you as much privately and I'll say it publicly. I also said to you that if you decided to lead a faction on this server in future, I think it would have a good chance of being a success. I do not wish to tar ALL Aztecas with the same brush, as that would be unfair and honestly, wrong but I feel like you guys really didn't help yourselves at times.

I look at the Zetas and Jay Gamble's influence over that faction. He had definitely his moments, but what is evident since they disbanded is that Jay did a fantastic job of keeping the lid on the Zeta powder-keg for such a long time. I think their influence and impact on our server is unmatched.

The fact that Montie is no longer running a faction in this community is a travesty. I would say since February 2019 when I joined, for me he's the best criminal faction leader we've had on this server. Not only was he a good example of a individual player, he furthered his faction's lore and most importantly, he kept his faction within the lines of acceptability without compromising their identity.

That being said, I look at factions like Four Seas Order (pre-fold), Daichead Gadai, Burnout Nation and the LSMC as the future and measuring stick for criminal and civilian factions in a better Eclipse going forward. 

Now, i've had my own personal issues with Kris/Donnelly in the past but quite frankly, there isn't a single person in PD that wants to take LSPD in more realistic direction than him. To the point that some of his changes have occasionally rubbed me the wrong way, but I do not think there is a better choice of leader for the LSPD in the server at this current time. It isn't an easy task keeping a 150 person faction running and also constantly try and improve it. He's also a real stickler for the rules of the server being followed. I guess that's why he's a senior admin.

In the case of Pazz/Elena Blake, the Assistant Chief, you will not find a bigger advocate for a better standard of role-player in the server than her. She's something that always considers multiple perspectives including advocating for how it will affect criminals when making fair and balanced decisions. Interestingly enough, she was a help with the Criminal Overhaul thread that was so well received by criminals, as some of those ideas were her ideas.

It is also important to note that neither Kris or Pazz were involved at ANY point in the National Guard situation the other night that got people riled up.
That won't need me to defend them and if anything, I'll probably get told off for defending them but PD is not the problem.

The problems are not an individual faction or person, it's the lack of a proceeding with clear and singular vision for the community that brings balance.
Law Enforcement gets upset because too many criminals on the server can't taking losing the right way and it ruins their experience.
AND
Criminals get upset, because while the odds are always naturally and correctly in the favour of law enforcement, they don't have enough of a fighting chance to make things interesting.

The most annoying thing about these threads turning into "PD v. Criminal" is that we actually fucking need each other. Just people can't see it, or won't.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 4
  • YAY 2
  • NAY 8
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Revelt said:

It is whole different thing, and yes ofc because to use IC Chat you need to type, to do an action you need to type as well.
you don't get the point, the point is, majority of people don't care about your RP, lets say, i'm doing an action that i'm standing on my knees after get cuff, due to the cuff script not allow you to do /down i'll just write a /me , i can believe that no one will notice it, i'm not attacking you personally or something, but this is the fact and the truth of eclipse roleplay, no one cares about another player's RP , they just want to do have a chit and chat conversation and stuff. meanwhile you forgot the BASIC "RP" itself. you don't develop your own character. people laugh when there is someone got ran over, majority of people barely using their behavior to their prior event. lets say a car crash. i'm gonna take one of example. I literally just got ran over, i did the animation and /me /do, they still yelling "hands now hands , hands" dude i'm fucking dying , i got ran over ? i want to RP not to get jail and done done?

No offense phillipe, i like your RP, Peace ^^v

bro...

Image result for sad meme

• Like 3
  • PogU 1
  • hand 1

2 hours ago, Bala said:

I was most definitely not talking about LSPD leadership when I made the stop the rot comment about faction leadership. 

I'm talking about faction leaders who advocate the unnecessary and unrealistic IC provocation of factions, then complain when there is a reaction from said factions. I'm talking about faction leaders that twist our report and punishment systems to push their own agendas and get their own back on players for nefarious reasons. Those kind of faction leaders create those kinds of factions.

I have a lot of time and respect for the work you did with Aztecas, Alicia. I told you as much privately and I'll say it publicly. I also said to you that if you decided to lead a faction on this server in future, I think it would have a good chance of being a success. I do not wish to tar ALL Aztecas with the same brush, as that would be unfair and honestly, wrong but I feel like you guys really didn't help yourselves at times.

I look at the Zetas and Jay Gamble's influence over that faction. He had definitely his moments, but what is evident since they disbanded is that Jay did a fantastic job of keeping the lid on the Zeta powder-keg for such a long time. I think their influence and impact on our server is unmatched.

The fact that Montie is no longer running a faction in this community is a travesty. I would say since February 2019 when I joined, for me he's the best criminal faction leader we've had on this server. Not only was he a good example of a individual player, he furthered his faction's lore and most importantly, he kept his faction within the lines of acceptability without compromising their identity.

That being said, I look at factions like Four Seas Order (pre-fold), Daichead Gadai, Burnout Nation and the LSMC as the future and measuring stick for criminal and civilian factions in a better Eclipse going forward. 

Now, i've had my own personal issues with Kris/Donnelly in the past but quite frankly, there isn't a single person in PD that wants to take LSPD in more realistic direction than him. To the point that some of his changes have occasionally rubbed me the wrong way, but I do not think there is a better choice of leader for the LSPD in the server at this current time. It isn't an easy task keeping a 150 person faction running and also constantly try and improve it. He's also a real stickler for the rules of the server being followed. I guess that's why he's a senior admin.

In the case of Pazz/Elena Blake, the Assistant Chief, you will not find a bigger advocate for a better standard of role-player in the server than her. She's something that always considers multiple perspectives including advocating for how it will affect criminals when making fair and balanced decisions. Interestingly enough, she was a help with the Criminal Overhaul thread that was so well received by criminals, as some of those ideas were her ideas.

It is also important to note that neither Kris or Pazz were involved at ANY point in the National Guard situation the other night that got people riled up.
That won't need me to defend them and if anything, I'll probably get told off for defending them but PD is not the problem.

The problems are not an individual faction or person, it's the lack of a proceeding with clear and singular vision for the community that brings balance.
Law Enforcement gets upset because too many criminals on the server can't taking losing the right way and it ruins their experience.
AND
Criminals get upset, because while the odds are always naturally and correctly in the favour of law enforcement, they don't have enough of a fighting chance to make things interesting.

The most annoying thing about these threads turning into "PD v. Criminal" is that we actually fucking need each other. Just people can't see it, or won't.

That means PD are a huge part of the problem, simple...

then to say crims are not at ANY fault would be hypocritical of me so I won’t., but we can both agree PD get the game too easy compared to crims, you play on easy mode, we have to play on legendary., not sure when was the last time you played crim given you’ve said you were in WCA before it’s downfall & the war., but trust me playing crim now is nothing like it, give it a short yourself, get in game to put yourself at people’s shoes while expressing issues that concern them directly (which is good)

tip: if u do end up doing it, try minimizing voip usage when interacting with cops to get an unbiased treatment and standards of RP 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, pepijn26 said:

very big +1 on this, I got banned from MD discord and Eclipse Discord for saying "PD should buy guns from stores instead of having unlimited guns from the faction loadout without paying for them". If people can not take this kind of critism what is even the point in saying anything. ECRP has turned into a win mentality, if people lose something they will go into /b and talk shit. 

I'm also banned from multiple offical factions for critism, and they simply say "ooc-toxicity" and when I contact them about it they are to scared to say why. 

On the subject of unlimited guns from the faction loadout, I think if people are using guns they don't RPly have then they should be punished by the administration team for power-gaming and if I caught a faction member doing it, I wouldn't hesitate to bring that up. 
You get your standard issue weapons and then there are the optional weapons - shotgun, carbine etc.. that you go down to the armory and sign that gun in and out.
Unless I die and respawn, in roleplay, I'm using the same pistol every single time I'm out on patrol. I'm not wasting all my bullets then grabbing a new one from /fl in the car.
That signing in and out process is more weapon-based RP than in most other places.

We're funded every week by the government with spawned in money. The same kind of spawned in money that gives you money for cars you chop, welfare you collect, fish you sell.
I don't lose anything but my personal inventory when I die, because my uniform and my gun and my vehicle are not mine in the first place. If LSPD had a system where we got your prison fines and tickets paid to our funds, how do you think that would be received? Very poorly. There would be accusations that PD are money hungry and just ticket to get money for stuff.

As for criticism, I'm sure we all want to be heard and for the server to be exactly the way we personally want it but it doesn't work like that. Server and game discussion groups across the internet are full of disgruntled people with axes to grind about how a server/game is and their issues with it. Eclipse is going to be no different. The most vocal people are going to be people that are unhappy with issues. The server population would suggest that Eclipse, while imperfect, is popular.

The reality is though, the vast majority of suggestions are going to get buried because there are so many. Only reason people still talk about my Criminal thread is because of the amount of support it got. There's hundreds of good suggestions on here but sadly, a lot of them will get buried within a day to the archives.

Ultimately, as much as we may take some sort of ownership of the server with our love for it, it's NBDY and Osvaldon's server. As the developers as well, they have to make the decisions on what direction the server goes. I don't know if anyone has ever developed or owned an RP server but ultimately, everything rests on your shoulders. 

It's stressful, at times a thankless job and it's all on them. But there is no getting away from the fact that this community does unfortunately have a small toxic and disrespectful minority that just want what they want and fuck everyone else. Some abuse the free speech and think they can say anything and get away with it.

If you are respectful and constructive with your arguments and criticisms, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. I think in some situations it's healthy and the devs can make a mistake like the rest of us. But if you're going to behave a certain type of way, your participation in this community is a privilege, not a right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MissDeeds said:

There are good and bad things in regards to management, but when criticisms are given, there is a consistent fear of being banned. People in the last 2 or 3 years have put significant levels of hours into this server, let alone the amount of money, but say 1 thing wrong or even make a suggestion on the forum in regards to PD and you are in threat of being banned is one of the reasons why toxicity grows at the bottom. If people cannot express their opinions without being chastised for it, something is very wrong. That sends out an air of intense insecurity. Take the criticism the same way it comes from the top down, or, look at how feedback is given. 

100% agree with this, There are a lot of other point I can bring up but this is something important, People get banned left and right, whether it be a suggestion they do not agree with or constructive criticism. There are people on this server that have been here for years, and for people that have been here this long to be scared to give their personal opinion and and express themselves is kind of ridiculous. This has to be looked at, The moment you start listening to every voice and showing that to the community, then you will start to get a positive outcome.

Greetings,

I don't have much intention to get much involved in this conversation, however I do want to simply state/request.. 

Please stop comparing Eclipse RP to.. literally anything else... 

Everything else is different in its own way. It's like comparing Everquest to WoW and WoW to anything else it's 'claimed to be a copy of'. It's like comparing CS:GO to Call of Duty.

Sure, everyone likes to remember the 'good old days' and you can compare it on some level as everything is inspired by other things, but Eclipse RP is it's own server, with its own style, with its own goals, ideas, players, successes and even issues that evolve daily.

If you want to make a difference, get involved be part of a positive conversation to change but be ready to adapt, and have an open mind to everything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bala said:

On the subject of unlimited guns from the faction loadout, I think if people are using guns they don't RPly have then they should be punished by the administration team for power-gaming and if I caught a faction member doing it, I wouldn't hesitate to bring that up. 
You get your standard issue weapons and then there are the optional weapons - shotgun, carbine etc.. that you go down to the armory and sign that gun in and out.
Unless I die and respawn, in roleplay, I'm using the same pistol every single time I'm out on patrol. I'm not wasting all my bullets then grabbing a new one from /fl in the car.
That signing in and out process is more weapon-based RP than in most other places.

We're funded every week by the government with spawned in money. The same kind of spawned in money that gives you money for cars you chop, welfare you collect, fish you sell.
I don't lose anything but my personal inventory when I die, because my uniform and my gun and my vehicle are not mine in the first place. If LSPD had a system where we got your prison fines and tickets paid to our funds, how do you think that would be received? Very poorly. There would be accusations that PD are money hungry and just ticket to get money for stuff.

As for criticism, I'm sure we all want to be heard and for the server to be exactly the way we personally want it but it doesn't work like that. Server and game discussion groups across the internet are full of disgruntled people with axes to grind about how a server/game is and their issues with it. Eclipse is going to be no different. The most vocal people are going to be people that are unhappy with issues. The server population would suggest that Eclipse, while imperfect, is popular.

The reality is though, the vast majority of suggestions are going to get buried because there are so many. Only reason people still talk about my Criminal thread is because of the amount of support it got. There's hundreds of good suggestions on here but sadly, a lot of them will get buried within a day to the archives.

Ultimately, as much as we may take some sort of ownership of the server with our love for it, it's NBDY and Osvaldon's server. As the developers as well, they have to make the decisions on what direction the server goes. I don't know if anyone has ever developed or owned an RP server but ultimately, everything rests on your shoulders. 

It's stressful, at times a thankless job and it's all on them. But there is no getting away from the fact that this community does unfortunately have a small toxic and disrespectful minority that just want what they want and fuck everyone else. Some abuse the free speech and think they can say anything and get away with it.

If you are respectful and constructive with your arguments and criticisms, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. I think in some situations it's healthy and the devs can make a mistake like the rest of us. But if you're going to behave a certain type of way, your participation in this community is a privilege, not a right.

Dont you think an actual stock system implemented to PD’s F4 scriptly won’t improve immersion and rp behind the scenes for PD since they’ll keep up with (I believe already done) monthly budgets and notice and change things based on x is being used too much , use less of x , or having an overflow somewhere., and when “out of stock” you make a huge order and you go to let’s say zancudo, grab a huge weapon shipment and have “NG” or Pd SWAT along with other units to go and use armored cargo trucks etc and deliver them to mission row and other precincts to restock 

3 hours ago, Xoza said:

Greetings,

I don't have much intention to get much involved in this conversation, however I do want to simply state/request.. 

Everything else is different in its own way. It's like comparing Everquest to WoW and WoW to anything else it's 'claimed to be a copy of'. It's like comparing CS:GO to Call of Duty.

Sure, everyone likes to remember the 'good old days' and you can compare it on some level as everything is inspired by other things, but Eclipse RP is it's own server, with its own style, with its own goals, ideas, players, successes and even issues that evolve daily.

If you want to make a difference, get involved be part of a positive conversation to change but be ready to adapt, and have an open mind to everything.

I ain't comparing eclipse but i'm talking about the actual "Roleplay" stands for and how it works, and if you're thinking that "Eclipse RP" have their own style, with its own goals, ideas, players etc, then stop with enforcing "HIGH QUALITY" Roleplay to player. because it wont work, if eclipse want to have high quality roleplayer on the server, sorry to say, "The Rules, The Gameplay" are not compatible with the way Management Team enforcing "High Quality" Roleplay on the server. 

As far as i know, FatherOsborn was from NGG/NGRP and Ballin was from LSRP, i believe both of them can enforce a good quality Roleplay into server 🙂 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, Bala said:

Just as we should ask more from factions, we should also be more supportive of factions that demonstrate good roleplay.
There are a bunch of ways that we can be add support to factions, including stuff like faction of the month, creating script stuff that ties in with their lore, giving good factions a chance at official etc..

I think Balas point on this will greatly encourage stronger roleplay. Its clear factions wanting to become official and maintain official are putting in constant creative RP work to have imports. Maybe there should be rewards like this that are less powerful and can be given to newer or smaller factions to encourage them more? Its one big giant step to imports and maybe some added script along the way to benefit their RP will keep them encouraged to perform well.

17 hours ago, Xoza said:

Greetings,

This was worth commenting for as it boils down to practical and concrete contributions to the server or the attempt.

The suggestions forum section is a great way to provide solutions to our problems and its where I see the forum flourishing the most. Players collectively contribute towards ideas to make the server more fun, practical, and fair. I’m not a staff member on ecrp, and never was, but as someone who has strongly advocated for “specific” change and additions into the server both OOC and IC, end of day it needs to fit the norm of the server and community. 

I understand server is going towards a heavy roleplay stance, but at the same time should not be restricting roleplay or stopping roadblocks where there’s roleplay potentials. The mindset right now is, where others have solutions, there will always be those who turn down the solutions either refusing to make a difference. Want things to stay the same because it may not affect them. Or have a jaded mindset of the server’s behaviors.

I like to throw one thing out if it means anything... but I can say... since joining in 2017, and coming back in 2019... it is now that I see hope in the server... to instill other roleplay other than cops and robbers. 

the Judicial Branch and Court System was recently opened, which will be a floodgate of different roleplay to come for ALL players, cops, criminals, businesses, civilians, etc...

we need to stop complaining about cops and robbers system and start focusing on areas where we lack....

A problem that I see on eclipse which is both a blessing and a curse is implementation of systems are very slow, and does not need to be slow. I understand staff members want it to be perfect, and want things to be applicable towards the server environment. But that mindset only slows the progress down.

If I have the opportunity to roleplay another interest versus cop or criminal, I’m sure many other players like myself would jump at that opportunity as many have. People have left the cop and criminal RP to focus on building their business empires.... people have left factions to focus on government roleplay, judicial system. And others simply stay away from both to focus on character development and civilian roleplay.  This is the current state of eclipse I think needs to the most attention to.

To: ECRP Management

if the ideas are practical, work, and all questions of concerns can be answered and effort put into establishing it. Allow the community to build it. Stop restricting it because the environment may not fit the idea. Thats not forward thinking and is conservative in nature.

(i.e Allow for Elected Officials, and instead of turning away ideas because of a problem, work around that problem to mitigate it.)

All in all, this message goes out to the ECRP Management and to ALL leadership in ALL factions and groups, and to all players alike. 

HAVE MORE HOPE FOR THE COMMUNITY.

Stop the mindset;

- if you don't like it, leave...

- players on server are irresponsible to have an elected government.

I see on this community, what led to the downfall of another... community... it is not too late!!!! But change needs to happen yesterday!!!

and if a selected group of players are willing to put forth the effort to make the change! allow them!

Edited by Percival
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alright let’s not get things twisted here, a section of the community are not happy but this server ain’t on its knees. 300-400 people at peak every day. 

I think if you want stuff to change and your opinion to be taken seriously, you have to establish your credibility. Taking pot shots and talking how terrible every thing is, ain’t it. 

Either step up and be a part of the change you want to see or step off and let someone else do it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bala said:

Alright let’s not get things twisted here, a section of the community are not happy but this server ain’t on its knees. 300-400 people at peak every day. 

I think if you want stuff to change and your opinion to be taken seriously, you have to establish your credibility. Taking pot shots and talking how terrible every thing is, ain’t it. 

Either step up and be a part of the change you want to see or step off and let someone else do it.

A cup is harder to fix when its in pieces than when its chipped.

Despite the 300-400 players at peak, it’s never too early to tackle the issues when presented, than wait for a disaster to hit and than respond afterwards.

ECRP has the resources to make changes (i.e Playerbase), and such resources should be use before it is lost and is too late.

- I speak of this out of past experience. Those who have the same experience know exactly... what I mean.

The difference in citing issues on the community, is that solutions are also presented, solutions that have the potential to be concrete, practical.

The Court System is a solution to the community long overdue.

Do not judge a person on his foolish actions alone, but judge him for his ambition, character, and commitment.

I take no offense at any of it, but personally if you’re referring to my creditibility I do troll....yes, a jokester of sorts... a jack of all things good and bad....Focus on the good, not the bad. Just because one is a class clown, does not disregard their character as a whole.

Edited by Percival

14 minutes ago, Percival said:

A cup is harder to fix when its in pieces than when its chipped.

Despite the 300-400 players at peak, it’s never too early to tackle the issues when presented, than wait for a disaster to hit and than respond afterwards.

ECRP has the resources to make changes (i.e Playerbase), and such resources should be use before it is lost and is too late.

I do not necessarily disagree with anything that you've stated, but I do agree with @Bala's sentiment.

It seems that way too often people will have this alarmist attitude "server is dying", in order to push their own personal agendas and try to revive a playstyle that was frankly toxic.

The server is fine; A specific playstyle that some people enjoyed is no longer supported/allowed, but the overall server is fine, and some might even say better without that playstyle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Bala Not gonna lie the amount of newer players recently is a good thing, I hope people treat them as players and show them the ropes so they can integrate well into our community. The server is not dying. From my perspective on the journey to official status in Daichead Gadai is that if you manage to separate your IC and OOC emotions and treat the other players with respect and dignity then your life both IC and OOC becomes much more pleasant and enjoyable. That is my opinion and my experience and I don't wish to denounce other players experiences. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I do not necessarily disagree with anything that you've stated, but I do agree with @Bala's sentiment.

It seems that way too often people will have this alarmist attitude "server is dying". The server is fine; A specific playstyle that some people enjoyed is no longer supported/allowed, but the overall server is fine, and some might even say better without that playstyle.

I do agree with that sentiment as well and have seen it happen many times,  but when a problem presents itself, it should be attended to and spoken about by ECRP Management onto the rest of the server rather put aside, turned down, or instill repercussions onto others.

There are many suggestions that provide practical and concrete solutions, and I can only hope that they are being focused on.

I’ve seen what happens to,

- if its not broken, don’t fix it.

yes server is very active and player-base is doing fine. But many others in factions may not know realize but doing activities like fishing at the pier and talking to mates is VERY BORING..........

That right there needs to be tended to... as soon as possible before people see no changes and leave.

I wish I can say it... but can’t and shouldn’t.... there are concrete plans in place to give people more to do.

Edited by Percival

4 hours ago, Bala said:

300-400 people at peak every day. 

I like the way you quote it, if eclipse based on heavy roleplay + the management are not biased it would be more than 400, normally 600 - 700,
Lets take another example of community that only do a text-rp, they got stable peak on 500-650+ :))
EclipseRP server script got potential but the branch, idk man. let community count on it.

Edited by Revelt
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

It seems that way too often people will have this alarmist attitude "server is dying", in order to push their own personal agendas and try to revive a playstyle that was frankly toxic.

The server is fine; A specific playstyle that some people enjoyed is no longer supported/allowed, but the overall server is fine, and some might even say better without that playstyle.

If you re-read the first post that i made on first page, i have never said that the server is dying, i literally said "dying of roleplay", 35% population and interaction is at the pier (GRINDING + Interactive RP). 20% at the bank (Interaction RP), 15% (Fully grinding), the rest at their faction hq and doing their faction RP, you think its fine ? well then, yeah its fine for current situation but think about further situation.

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Solomun said:

The rules are catered towards enforcing a high standard of roleplay? It's really hard to tell what your point is, but it's pretty blatant these past months that management have been trying to crackdown on sub-par roleplay and  have been actively enforcing it. 

Yeah, well then you're new on RP, welcome. enforcing a high quality roleplay with community member behavior like you i dont think i will works. if management really trying to crackdown and enforcing it then there would be a change, player behavior, faction behavior and the management itself. they dont hear what community want and what community need.

if ( suggestion != management_target )
{
    Ban();
    Disband():
    Etc..
}
else if ( suggestion > management_target )
{
    Ban();
    Disband():
    Etc..
}
else if ( suggestion < management_target )
{
    we wont listen, we dont care
}

6 minutes ago, Revelt said:

Yeah, well then you're new on RP, welcome. enforcing a high quality roleplay with community member behavior like you i dont think i will works. if management really trying to crackdown and enforcing it then there would be a change, player behavior, faction behavior and the management itself. they dont hear what community want and what community need.

Why are you writing pseudo-code? It doesn't help explain your point any better. 

I don't understand your point about there being change if it was enforced. There was a lot of change. Speed cameras, robbery rules, faction caps, joint frequency rules, those are all changes to raise RP standard, and they did happen. 

As for not hearing what the community wants or needs, the mistake is thinking that just because someone doesn't budge they're not listening. Speed cameras were introduced and there was huge backlash from the community about them. I don't think there's a single staff member that doesn't know this. They listened, they just didn't give in.

The fact of the matter is that these changes are likely to continue, whether you like it or not. The RP standard will continue to get pushed further and further, which is great for the people that want that. I know there's a somewhat silent legal RP group that enjoys this direction, and they were particularly vocal when they could finally gas up without being robbed by gangs.

Just because certain playstyles that we had gotten used to, and even I partook in are changing does not mean that the server is dying, or that no one is listening. It's just that it's changing. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Why are you writing pseudo-code? It doesn't help explain your point any better. 

I don't understand your point about there being change if it was enforced. There was a lot of change. Speed cameras, robbery rules, faction caps, joint frequency rules, those are all changes to raise RP standard, and they did happen. 

As for not hearing what the community wants or needs, the mistake is thinking that just because someone doesn't budge they're not listening. Speed cameras were introduced and there was huge backlash from the community about them. I don't think there's a single staff member that doesn't know this. They listened, they just didn't give in.

The fact of the matter is that these changes are likely to continue, whether you like it or not. The RP standard will continue to get pushed further and further, which is great for the people that want that. I know there's a somewhat silent legal RP group that enjoys this direction, and they were particularly vocal when they could finally gas up without being robbed by gangs.

Just because certain playstyles that we had gotten used to, and even I partook in are changing does not mean that the server is dying, or that no one is listening. It's just that it's changing. 

The way you quote it and look into my reply feels like you only point me into "criminal rp" lol

i never disagree to this "Speed cameras, robbery rules, faction caps, joint frequency rules"

Once rules updated about non-offroad vehicle are not allowed to climb a mountain or do an offroad thing, i can see future. after reading it a while... "LSEMS, Mechanics and PD are exempt" , Rules should apply to every player. thats how RP server is, except the script are preventing it.

honestly, take one of example. if you crash your vehicle into another vehicle, i can bet they will just use their voice "are you good?" mean while on heavy roleplay server, "/do blood would covering his head as he hit a steerwheel, /me reaches his head as he feels dizzy after a car crash"

I can guarantee that no one will apply those thing in a roleplay scenario, pursuit or another thing due to a roleplay win mentality.  

I already point it out, its dying of roleplay scenario and events. people care their money, their stuff over a roleplay scenario.

enforcing immersive of roleplay huh? ye. bet..

Edited by Revelt