Revelt

Current State of Eclipse Roleplay

Hello Roleplayers, as NBDY notice us on discord to bring the "very lastest event" that happens on eclipse out of ECRP Discord to Forum.
I would like to discuss about it here. FYI i want to talk the current state of Eclipse not PD vs CRIMS

5w4vX0U.png

The current state of eclipse roleplay right now is "dying of roleplay" lets not say "dying of player" because its not? i guess ?

I've been roleplaying since 2013 on SA-MP, i don't know if its allowed to call the server name here but its SA-MP. i've been playing on NGG/NG-RP, i've been playing on LS-RP.
Both server are different, NGG/NG-RP was Mid tier RP server, LS-RP is Heavy RP server. there are difference between both things.

As i heard from lot of people that Eclipse trying to Enforce heavy roleplay into server by forcing them to do this and to do that, without letting time goes fly. as sa-mp developer and founder this is the most hard things to implement on the server because it based on the player itself. the only way to enforce rp quality on the server is improving textwise roleplay quality itself. because almost 10% player of eclipse RP doesn't care about your textwise roleplay such as /me's and /do's, 40% of players still dont know the use of /mes and /dos, the rest dont even know what /ame is. i'm not blaming the players on eclipse but thats the fact, or lets say 30% players of eclipse are hard core roleplayers.

I think the only way to fix roleplay quality on eclipse server is by looking into this :
-Server Rules
-Management Team ( Staff Team ? ) I guess.
-Roleplay quality of the players, lets start from Server Quiz then implement to the rest ? :shrug:
-Official / Unofficial Legal or Illegal Faction Regulation.

Having a good server script doesnt make everything looks good, if the rest of branch are broken.

Thats all i'm trying to say after playing on eclipse since 2018.

Cheers!

Edited by jason
Removed irrelevant video.
  • Like 14
  • YAY 1
  • hand 1
  • dead 1

I feel like some of the server rules should be less strict. But from what i have seen and watched is that if we give people an inch they will try to go a mile. I also think that if people would spend time teaching people correctly how to use /me's and /do's it would help people a lot. And those who do know how to use them do something more than "/do s?" which is unfortunately done all the time

The quiz tbh needs a rework.  I don't know how to make it better with out make it so new people to roleplay can join in and learn. 

The other 2 parts I am not going to answer as I am a part of both. 

a big issue i see with the current server state is that new players have a too easy way to get in, the quiz should become more strict. i understand it was easier to get in at the start.. ofcourse cause our community has been growing. i've been here since around 2018 on and off all the way till now and i can tell you that the disaster that is hapening with this new players is just horrible, driving over people for no reason, not using any type of communicationg,most of them do not even speak proper english, barely any of them knows what NCZ is, /me and /do, how to respond to rp and so on.. they treat the server as if its just a casual gta 5 server. and no i do not blame anyone  however what i am saying is that there should be something done against that issue. another problem is the balance betwem PD/MD and criminal rp.. in the current state its extremly unbalanced unless that is the full intention (i do not know) 

-i hope i have not offended or angered anyone with my comment since that was never my intention.

Edited by MistNinja

When people don't enjoy it of course they will leave KCAJ. But, if there's so many posts about "the state of this" and "the state of that" does that not show that people want change? And, is it not better to make changes to keep people if there's that many people complaining about it than just letting them leave lowering the playerbase? I think that's the overall problem though. Someone like Revelts opinion should be valued due to the amount of time and hours he's put into the server whether or not someone agrees or doesn't agree. Overall, I do think this is a good discussion as you can see everyone's personal opinion on the matter and it might lead to better quality of life improvements for everyone's fun 🙂

• Like 7
  • YAY 1
  • hand 1

I had a whole document filled with my opinion and suggestions to post on this thread, which I've never done before but thought it was needed, but seeing the response from the community makes me not want to even bother. You have admins/staff wanting and telling us to put suggestions but then a toxic backlash from the community that doesn't get handled. Is what it is! 😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

I feel like some of the server rules should be less strict. But from what i have seen and watched is that if we give people an inch they will try to go a mile. I also think that if people would spend time teaching people correctly how to use /me's and /do's it would help people a lot. And those who do know how to use them do something more than "/do s?" which is unfortunately done all the time

The quiz tbh needs a rework.  I don't know how to make it better with out make it so new people to roleplay can join in and learn. 

I want to point something out which has been said before, for a server that wants to promote the highest standard of roleplay, why is it that people are actively encouraged to ''spend time teaching people correctly how to use /me's and /do's''

Please don't take this as if I have no shred of empathy and willingness to help new players, my main point is, a hardcore/heavy RP server should also mean a larger barrier to entry into it.

We should only be accepting people who are familiar with these standard commands (/me and /do), as such anyone who is struggling to use or understand what a /me and /do is shouldn't even be on Eclipse in the first place. Again, nothing against new players as a whole to this type of game, but I think trying to be a heavy-RP server while at the same time welcoming first time players of this RP genre are two incompatible goals, although I'm sure they would be able to get in if they get experience on a lighter RP server. The way to fix this would be a much harder quiz system, one where anyone who has passed legitimately would obviously have knowledge of such commands and basic RP. Anyone who gets in but then doesn't display the knowledge they did in the quiz would get kicked/banned since either they got in by fluke or they cheated.

TL;DR a new player who doesn't know how to speak OOC, doesn't know basic /me and /do and displays this lack of knowledge in-game, shouldn't be given an explanation, but rather kicked/banned (if it is repeated) since that lack of knowledge is inconsistent with them having passed the quiz in the first place.

• Like 1
  • NAY 1

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

When someone does "/do s?" or "/do success?", I cringe on the inside. I agree that the quiz needs to be reworked. I remember when I did my quiz I just straight up used the rules. Once I got in game and got injured, I had no idea how to use /me and /do to RP with the medic. The quiz seems to focus more on the rules rather than assessing someone's ability to roleplay. It would be cool if they show some /me's and /do's RP in a screenshot and you have to respond to it accordingly with roleplay commands. However, this is just a discussion.

• Like 3

lately i don't really see anybody roleplaying for pd and crims. When i just drive around the city the only thing that i see is cops with a 20mil+ car in a chase or people robbing each other for no rp reason or see people being toxic in /b. The problem is people just wanna win every rp scenario. Like when i got arrest by pd the only /do that they wont me to do is /do yes (not every cop btw). it is just sad to see that there is really nothing else to do in the city the script is amazing as revelt said but that is not everything and i already had some conversation with other people on the forums about this and there is still no changes but that is up to the administration team.

this is just my opinion 

• Like 4

The thread linked above is the type of suggestion that will get taken seriously, not a 20 line post with no input on what to actually improve. 

You write that the only way to fix roleplay quality on the server is:
-Server Rules
-Management Team ( Staff Team ? ) I guess.
-Roleplay quality of the players, lets start from Server Quiz then implement to the rest ? :shrug:
-Official / Unofficial Legal or Illegal Faction Regulation.

But I don't see any exmaples in how the server is able to improve this in any of the pinpoints. If you make a suggestion at least write something productive, and don't just rant about the server with no foundation from which you are speaking.

Edited by nukkie
  • Like 4
  • hand 1

1 hour ago, Cyrus Raven said:

TL;DR a new player who doesn't know how to speak OOC, doesn't know basic /me and /do and displays this lack of knowledge in-game, shouldn't be given an explanation, but rather kicked/banned (if it is repeated) since that lack of knowledge is inconsistent with them having passed the quiz in the first place.

This was my first RP server of any kind, and while I read the rules enough to understand them and pass the quiz, applying them is far different. It should be the duty of every experienced player to educate newer/less experienced players....some will learn and apply, others will not care and those will eventually get kicked. Blindly kicking/punishing players instead of giving them the opportunity to learn will just lead to a dead server

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

This was my first RP server of any kind, and while I read the rules enough to understand them and pass the quiz, applying them is far different. It should be the duty of every experienced player to educate newer/less experienced players....some will learn and apply, others will not care and those will eventually get kicked. Blindly kicking/punishing players instead of giving them the opportunity to learn will just lead to a dead server

That is factually incorrect. Some of the largest roleplaying communities in the world have a zero tolerance on that sort of stuff, and there are literal queues to join/play. 

• Like 2

It's not my job to make sure other players know and understand the rules. There are plenty of streams to watch, plenty of videos up, there are guides on the server on how to RP how to use the commands, etc. Yes we all started from somewhere (even myself not knowing the buttons when I came in for the first time and accidentally punched a guy in the face) but we learn through playing it is not any players responsibility to teach you how to play responsibly and within the rules. If you are unable or unwilling to learn on your own through play and you do not understand the rules enough to apply it to your play then that is on you not the player base. 

'Blindly kicking/punishing players instead of giving them the opportunity to learn will just lead to a dead server'

This is not how punishments are done. When there is a report that involves a new player, depending on the severity of a breach, the staffs first step to always educate (especially if it is a new player). I cant tell you the amount of times that I spent more than an hour talking someone through the rules (who obviously hadn't read them thoroughly enough to understand). The only times I gave new players actual punishments were if 1) they already had warnings for the same thing on their record or 2) they gave an unacceptable attitude to me when I was trying to educate which demonstrated that they had no willingness to learn. 

No staff member is out here blinding punishing new players without reason. And if you really truly feel that there is a staff member doing this I highly recommend that you report it to a head admin with your evidence so they can look into it. The first step EVERY staff member is supposed to take is to educate. But if I spent more than an hour trying to explain a /me to someone while they insult me the whole time yeah they are gonna get a punishment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

I don't know how else to put it, justifying keeping players that can't perform basic tasks that are REQUIRED during the quiz seems nonsensical to me. I stated before but it looks like it wasn't enough. I am not against helping people on how to improve their RP, but there is a difference in helping enhance RP and letting anyone through recruitment process when there is a minimum standard of RP set via the quiz.

The current state of Eclipse Roleplay, that's quite the dramatic thread title but in the interest of contributing to the thread, I'll share some of my insight into this.

Honestly, if you just use these kind of threads to bash a particular faction then you aren't going to be taken seriously and at the very least you'll likely be ignored to be honest. Every one wants to have their opinion and be heard and feel that they matter but you aren't going to get anywhere by making enemies of people. 

Part of the reason why I spent so long doing my criminal overhaul thread is that I can sympathise with the other side of the coin but lately when I see some of the attitudes and rude comments from some of you, I do question why I bothered. I could see why staff or developers might be reluctant to take some of you seriously or support your area of the server. Because if you are getting abuse from people, why would you support that or them?

The whole PD v. Criminal thing needs to fucking stop. That's why people don't pay no attention to these threads, because it turns into a PD dart board. I'm not going to sit here and defend my faction because I've done it on other threads but honestly for us, it really isn't that deep. We could give a shit who we are arresting, it's about what you've done but for some of you, you would think you'd caught PD in bed with your mother or something by the way you hold a grudge. Let that shit go OOC, because if you do happen to have valid points but you start coming out with 'fuck pd rhetoric', you're going to waste your time.

If you are focusing on other factions are losing or winning, you're missing the fucking point. It's not about winning and losing, it's about how you get there.
Creating characters to populate, progress and fulfil stories.

Eclipse has until recently in my opinion, been an every man kind of server. You'd have some great role-players, some decent role-players and some shit role-players but my interpretation of what's coming from the higher up staff is that we want to raise the standard of role-play within this community, which personally I'm on board with. This was never a heavy role-play server in any sense of the word, but that does not mean the server has not been successful or that it's not enjoyable.

That being said, if we're going that way and I sincerely hope we are, we cannot fuck about with half measures and it needs to be a large effort on behalf of players AND staff to achieve this. It isn't an instant or easy process, but if you want a better role-play server, it's an necessary process.

• Factions that are not here to contribute towards the role-play, that have an over-reliance on shooting and create OOC tension within the community need to be disbanded or at the very least, their leaders replaced BEFORE the rot sets in.
    In my opinion, a faction is only as good as the person ultimately in charge.

• We need to demand more from every faction in terms of their role-play output.
    Whether you are legal, illegal, new or established, crim or PD. Every single faction should be held to the same standard.

• Just as we should ask more from factions, we should also be more supportive of factions that demonstrate good roleplay.
    There are a bunch of ways that we can be add support to factions, including stuff like faction of the month, creating script stuff that ties in with their lore, giving good factions a chance at official etc..

• Punishments for OOC toxicity need to be stronger and consistent.
    End of the day, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, you shouldn't say anything.
    I say that as someone that has been on their final warning for OOC attitude, for the last year.

• Punishments for excessive local ooc (/b) and the passive aggressive #savepov mentality needs to get in the fucking bin.
    We all know only admins can stop a role-play situation. Constantly pulling a situation out of IC into OOC because you're AnGrY aNd UpSeT ruins what might potentially be a legitimate RP scenario.
    If you are going to report, conclude the RP with some dignity and then report.

• Be ruthless with the quizzes. We shouldn't sell the server short, but place a high price on being able to play in Eclipse. 
    As older players leave or get removed, they need to be cycled out with newer, better role-players.
    If you do not a concept of how to create a character and portray that character, you can't play here.
    If you do not understand even the basic rules of this server before you enter it, you can't play here.

• Personally, I'd really like for the head administrators or developers to come out with a clear vision of what they want Eclipse Roleplay to become in say the next 10 months and then we tailor every single rule update, script implementation, community directive and change to realising that vision and with that direction in mind rather than essentially trying to fight whatever the latest fire is. 

I think the last one is especially important because it's something that affects all of us regardless of position, faction, status and history within the community.
Rather than every corner of the server having it's own ideals and standards of how they think the server should be, if you have a central vision then inevitably it brings interested people together.

That's how you go from having a role-play server to having a gaming community and ultimately, it's the latter that will always give you more enjoyment.

I feel like this is the best and most heartfelt forum post i've written on Eclipse but I know there's people out there that fuck with this like I do as well.

• Like 11
  • YAY 2
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Bala said:

The current state of Eclipse Roleplay, that's quite the dramatic thread title but in the interest of contributing to the thread, I'll share some of my insight into this.

Honestly, if you just use these kind of threads to bash a particular faction then you aren't going to be taken seriously and at the very least you'll likely be ignored to be honest. Every one wants to have their opinion and be heard and feel that they matter but you aren't going to get anywhere by making enemies of people. 

Part of the reason why I spent so long doing my criminal overhaul thread is that I can sympathise with the other side of the coin but lately when I see some of the attitudes and rude comments from some of you, I do question why I bothered. I could see why staff or developers might be reluctant to take some of you seriously or support your area of the server. Because if you are getting abuse from people, why would you support that or them?

The whole PD v. Criminal thing needs to fucking stop. That's why people don't pay no attention to these threads, because it turns into a PD dart board. I'm not going to sit here and defend my faction because I've done it on other threads but honestly for us, it really isn't that deep. We could give a shit who we are arresting, it's about what you've done but for some of you, you would think you'd caught PD in bed with your mother or something by the way you hold a grudge. Let that shit go OOC, because if you do happen to have valid points but you start coming out with 'fuck pd rhetoric', you're going to waste your time.

If you are focusing on other factions are losing or winning, you're missing the fucking point. It's not about winning and losing, it's about how you get there.

Eclipse has until recently in my opinion, been an every man kind of server. You'd have some great role-players, some decent role-players and some shit role-players but my interpretation of what's coming from the higher up staff is that we want to raise the standard of role-play within this community, which personally I'm on board with. This was never a heavy role-play server in any sense of the word, but that does not mean the server has not been successful or that it's not enjoyable.

That being said, if we're going that way and I sincerely hope we are, we cannot fuck about with half measures and it needs to be a large effort on behalf of players AND staff to achieve this. It isn't an instant or easy process, but if you want a better role-play server, it's an necessary process.

• Factions that are not here to contribute towards the role-play, that have an over-reliance on shooting and create OOC tension within the community need to be disbanded or at the very least, their leaders replaced BEFORE the rot sets in.

Whether you are legal, illegal, new or established, crim or PD. Every single faction should be held to the same standard.

• Just as we should ask more from factions, we should also be more supportive of factions that demonstrate good roleplay.
    There are a bunch of ways that we can be add support to factions, including stuff like faction of the month, creating script stuff that ties in with their lore, giving good factions a chance at official etc..

End of the day, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, you shouldn't say anything.
    I say that as someone that has been on their final warning for OOC attitude, for the last year.

• Punishments for excessive local ooc (/b) and the passive aggressive #savepov mentality needs to get in the fucking bin.
    We all know only admins can stop a role-play situation. Constantly pulling a situation out of IC into OOC because you're AnGrY aNd UpSeT ruins what might potentially be a legitimate RP scenario.

• Be ruthless with the quizzes. We shouldn't sell the server short, but place a high price on being able to play in Eclipse. 
    As older players leave or get removed, they need to be cycled out with newer, better role-players.
    If you do not a concept of how to create a character and portray that character, you can't play here.
    If you do not understand even the basic rules of this server before you enter it, you can't play here.

• Personally, I'd really like for the head administrators or developers to come out with a clear vision of what they want Eclipse Roleplay to become in say the next 10 months and then we tailor every single rule update, script implementation, community directive and change to realising that vision and with that direction in mind rather than essentially trying to fight whatever the latest fire is. 

I think the last one is especially important because it's something that affects all of us regardless of position, faction, status and history within the community.
Rather than every corner of the server having it's own ideals and standards of how they think the server should be, if you have a central vision then inevitably it brings interested people together.

That's how you go from having a role-play server to having a gaming community and ultimately, it's the latter that will always give you more enjoyment.

I feel like this is the best and most heartfelt forum post i've written on Eclipse but I know there's people out there that fuck with this like I do as well.

^ All of that tbh

2 hours ago, Solomun said:

It's a toxic backlash cause the majority of those that create "The state of Criminal RP" have no substance or foundation from which they are speaking, it's just pure emotion with no thorough thought behind it, they don't know what they want, it's just pure collective group think with no utility to it, which has given threads like this a  bad name. I'm sure if you have actual suggestions that have been detailed out then I'm sure both the community and staff will be happy to debate on whether it should be added. 

It's hard to have a constructive conversation about issues like these because of the emotion it creates, it will always just boil down to people that have no idea what they are saying and are just angry tthey aren't winning - "nerf pd lol" 

Let me get this straight on this discussion, there's no The state of criminal RP on this discussion, i'm talking about the eclipse itself because i'm not only playing criminal RP, i also got a lot of friends from Civilian or Legal RP that have done hardcore Roleplay situation , textwise or voice-wise against me that complaining about the RP situation they got are different etc..

Why i'm not put the actual suggestion here ? well, like i said, as a developer and founder of sa-mp there are difference between SA-MP and RageMP, but well if you want to hear the suggestion like what i apply on my own sa-mp server, ofc i'm gonna share it and i'm gonna put it here.

First, we don't have "RP BEHAVIOR" towards RP situation, lets say. There's a police chase or police traffic stop or police shootout, looks around you and what players gonna do ? either it will makes you laugh or something else, meanwhile on heavy rp server, they will takes that RP event very serious and making the situation and environment feels like its REAL LIFE.

The only ROLEPLAYER that i've play with and using /ame Correctly was Lewis Langley

do you ever use your /ame like this ? 
Gt0seP9.png

The rest was only using /ame for Trolling etc.

Do you ever done a hood brawl with another gang ?

Rga0V2F.png

Have you done this type of Roleplay ? a drive by pull up just because they messed up and fucked your hood and do a vigilante like this ?

No, correct. because the majority of player on eclipse playing RP for fun but the "MANAGEMENT/STAFF MEMBER" of Eclipse Roleplay trying to enforce heavy and high quality of Roleplay. when the rules are not even supporting it.

THE ONLY ROLEPLAY SCENARIO THAT AMAZE ME WAS THIS ( Even though it has less /mes and /dos the Voice RP thing makes it fun and realistic. )

Stop enforcing heavy Roleplay into the server without filtering the player or the RULES itself. I'm proud of myself because i've been Roleplaying for almost 8 Years. so if you're really want ECLIPSE ROLEPLAY to become heavy Roleplay server, fix the branch then update the server script!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bala said:

I agree with this, most of faction / players are here to shootout, i'm not even lying but thats what i feel.

Punishment for OOC Toxicity need to be stronger and consistent, ofc. i've done report someone just because being racist towards me ICly ( Talking about my OOC thing in IC ) 
nothing happens :D, but i dont care of it that much because it just a game.

Excessive of /b hmmm, this back again to players, most of them using /b excessive just trying to find a reason to stop their RP and win the situation. i've been roleplaying with PD multiple times, the only excessive /b that i use because they're using bug for their advantage, the rest i roleplay everything that happens to my character, Car Crash, Injuries, Etc. 

You dont fix roleplay quality by the script, but by the players itself.

I'm gonna put it here again

" No one is gonna care about your RP, about your /mes or /dos , because some people don't know how it works and some people don't know WHAT IT IS and HOW IT WORKS"

Edited by Revelt
  • Like 1

++ Also, Management need to Listen to their Community Member, LETS SAY, Spend a time for the community atleast 2 hours every month just to listen to them or explain them how IT WORKS. BUT HOW ? Do a "Community Meeting" i've done this 6 times, it happens every month, Player will understand and you will understand them!

I'm talking like this because i care every Roleplay community.

Edited by Revelt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Revelt said:

Let me get this straight on this discussion, there's no The state of criminal RP on this discussion, i'm talking about the eclipse itself because i'm not only playing criminal RP, i also got a lot of friends from Civilian or Legal RP that have done hardcore Roleplay situation , textwise or voice-wise against me that complaining about the RP situation they got are different etc..

Why i'm not put the actual suggestion here ? well, like i said, as a developer and founder of sa-mp there are difference between SA-MP and RageMP, but well if you want to hear the suggestion like what i apply on my own sa-mp server, ofc i'm gonna share it and i'm gonna put it here.

First, we don't have "RP BEHAVIOR" towards RP situation, lets say. There's a police chase or police traffic stop or police shootout, looks around you and what players gonna do ? either it will makes you laugh or something else, meanwhile on heavy rp server, they will takes that RP event very serious and making the situation and environment feels like its REAL LIFE.

The only ROLEPLAYER that i've play with and using /ame Correctly was Lewis Langley

do you ever use your /ame like this ? 
Gt0seP9.png

The rest was only using /ame for Trolling etc.

Do you ever done a hood brawl with another gang ?

Rga0V2F.png

Have you done this type of Roleplay ? a drive by pull up just because they messed up and fucked your hood and do a vigilante like this ?

No, correct. because the majority of player on eclipse playing RP for fun but the "MANAGEMENT/STAFF MEMBER" of Eclipse Roleplay trying to enforce heavy and high quality of Roleplay. when the rules are not even supporting it.

THE ONLY ROLEPLAY SCENARIO THAT AMAZE ME WAS THIS ( Even though it has less /mes and /dos the Voice RP thing makes it fun and realistic. )

Stop enforcing heavy Roleplay into the server without filtering the player or the RULES itself. I'm proud of myself because i've been Roleplaying for almost 8 Years. so if you're really want ECLIPSE ROLEPLAY to become heavy Roleplay server, fix the branch then update the server script!

I will say SAMP RP from my experience was more in-depth while still allowing stuff like shootouts to happen fairly often, although it's likely because of rules like ''asspulling'' (having to RP taking a weapon out before using it) and the fact that it was text only that allowed these things to be possible.

I don't think converting eclipse into a text server would be the solution, but perhaps allowing RP to be flexible enough that you can have more leniency (like the drive-by video) if there is enough supporting IC reason. As it stands (correct me if I am wrong), if you were to have a highly eventful line of RP where two gangs that are enemies come to the boiling point and attempt to start a war, there could never be something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQGSy0TqxY) without someone catching a DM punishment. 

Perhaps in the same vain of ''slowing things down'' while still keeping VOIP as a thing, make criminal activity and making money more interesting, I don't think I need to go into detail about this since pretty much anything that could be done has been said by Bala in his criminal 2.0 thread (https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/58198-criminal-overhaul-20/. Secondly, encourage players to fully act out their characters. No more cops with supers and multi-million dollar businesses/assets or criminals with supers and multi-million dollar businesses/assets. Players should be fully immersing themselves into their characters, if that means roleplaying as a street gang, only driving shitty cars, reping your colors and sticking to the grove/strawberry side of town then so be it. Likewise, if you're a career law enforcement officer, then you probably wouldn't have a very glamourous vehicle either. Those who really want nice houses and vehicles can achieve this by playing a character suited for that type of roleplay. 

This goes both ways though, I would trade the entire economy this server has built up since it started for a chance at having some of that old-school SAMP RP back. I'm  sure there are a lot of people way smarter with better thought out ideas on how to achieve this, but there needs to be a balance, encourage players to act out their characters realistically, while still keeping in mind this is a game, people can and want to have fun without feeling like they are playing life simulator 2021 and this is possible without turning it into a GTAO/DM server. Balance.

8 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

I will say SAMP RP from my experience was more in-depth while still allowing stuff like shootouts to happen fairly often, although it's likely because of rules like ''asspulling'' (having to RP taking a weapon out before using it) and the fact that it was text only that allowed these things to be possible.

I don't think converting eclipse into a text server would be the solution, but perhaps allowing RP to be flexible enough that you can have more leniency (like the drive-by video) if there is enough supporting IC reason. As it stands (correct me if I am wrong), if you were to have a highly eventful line of RP where two gangs that are enemies come to the boiling point and attempt to start a war, there could never be something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQGSy0TqxY) without someone catching a DM punishment. 

Perhaps in the same vain of ''slowing things down'' while still keeping VOIP as a thing, make criminal activity and making money more interesting, I don't think I need to go into detail about this since pretty much anything that could be done has been said by Bala in his criminal 2.0 thread (https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/58198-criminal-overhaul-20/. Secondly, encourage players to fully act out their characters. No more cops with supers and multi-million dollar businesses/assets or criminals with supers and multi-million dollar businesses/assets. Players should be fully immersing themselves into their characters, if that means roleplaying as a street gang, only driving shitty cars, reping your colors and sticking to the grove/strawberry side of town then so be it. Likewise, if you're a career law enforcement officer, then you probably wouldn't have a very glamourous vehicle either. Those who really want nice houses and vehicles can achieve this by playing a character suited for that type of roleplay. 

This goes both ways though, I would trade the entire economy this server has built up since it started for a chance at having some of that old-school SAMP RP back. I'm  sure there are a lot of people way smarter with better thought out ideas on how to achieve this, but there needs to be a balance, encourage players to act out their characters realistically, while still keeping in mind this is a game, people can and want to have fun without feeling like they are playing life simulator 2021 and this is possible without turning it into a GTAO/DM server. Balance.

I agreed with all those your statement, we cannot compare voice-rp with text-rp, because there are a lot of difference between of it atleast majority of player "SHOULD" know the BASIC and implement the BASIC Roleplay itself. its very easy to fix the economy by script, its super easy..

from my experience, there are a lot of people having million dollars on their bank account, how do i nerf it ? i make a dollar script system. by putting a " , " and " . " to those number.

Lets say i have $10000000 Dollars ( 10 million dollars ) imma put a script to make it more dollar script $100.000,00 it has same amount of zero but different point. right ? 😄 the economy can be fix anytime, i never grind myself to start a roleplay, i can roleplay just with $500 in my bank account. but thats not the point. 

To fix the entire server roleplay quality, you need to fix how player join the server, server quiz, management team, have a conversation with your players, try to become open minded person, let them express what they feel and let them know what they want, if its good implement, if its not good then give a reason. 

You cannot do it like this "I got a burger and you need to eat it!" no you cannot!

But you need to do it like this, "I got a burger, it has a cheese and meat inside of it, with a mayonnaise and sauce etc, it delicious, let me know how it taste"

• Like 1

@Revelt comparing a voice RP server with a text RP server is not very good. I talked about this recently with a few people, as we all came from text RP, but it's definitively a whole different thing. In text RP, whenever you spoke, you had to type. It was very natural to continue typing and add a /me or an /ame. Even something as simple as /me nods. It felt natural.

However, in voice RP. There will be times when I talk to people while they're being cuffed, and they stop answering to /mes and /dos, because they're talking, and they want to keep talking, but you can not talk while typing. In voice RP, typing (and therefore roleplaying) feels unnatural, because it stops you from talking, when you want to do it. 

I think that this is a really important distinction that people do not consider.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1