Revelt

Current State of Eclipse Roleplay

@Percival you've been here longer than me but you're views are incredibly naïve and completely disregard server history.

We've had the system that you talk about, we've had very little rules and regulations for factions. The result older factions forming a monopoly and pushing every other organization off the server.

Monopolies are not good, and the last thing we need is to emulate a rust official server where we have 1 mega clan dominate it.

7 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

@Percival you've been here longer than me but you're views are incredibly naïve and completely disregard server history.

We've had the system that you talk about, we've had very little rules and regulations for factions. The result older factions forming a monopoly and pushing every other organization off the server.

Monopolies are not good, and the last thing we need is to emulate a rust official server where we have 1 mega clan dominate it.

I agree with you. 

51 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Yes, I’ve seen the server with little rules in its beginnings and yes it was a disaster... but that was then with a highly volatile playerbase with 40-80 players at the very most. That was then and this is now. LSPD was very different back then as well as we were still starting, and did not have the resources we do now at our deposable. So why can’t instead of manipulating roleplay oocly, we do so in a realistic and ic means... there are ways... to do so in an IC sense that invites more more roleplay than it creates chaos... I can think of many.... its a challenge I myself also welcome. There’s many ways to oppress or destroy an empire Realistically.. that would be amazinggggg to roleplay and if mentioned here... a lot of players would agree but I won’t do so to preserve secrets. Lol

Ngl, that would be some “heavy roleplay” and “character development” shit. And IK LSPD would love to do it... lol

back then lspd was barely any members, or lspd population was more than the server’s civilian population lol. Its the fact that I experiences the wild west days of barely any resources that I say right now is the Best time there is if not “the actual” best time we have to do this. Rules back then were created to balance roleplay for many reasons.. part of it was due to low playerbase, so rules were created to supplement some of that rp from ic to ooc.... as we are still doing in some aspect... “refund requests for loan defaults”.

I’m taking into account the past, and how it has led to the norms today.....

there’s so much potential gta v offers... but ecrp barely... scrapes its surface... 

if script restrictions ok no problem, but if its the norms of server, I disagree with that excuse as there ARE ways to mitigate and work around.

Edited by Percival
  • Like 1

The server/community encourages  HEAVY ROLEPLAY... yet we restrict ourselves... from roleplaying so many things...

It's honestly... a headache...

Character Development if encouraged, but to a certain extent...

No one is asking to be Superman, people are just asking to freely roleplay their characters where physically realistically, and should not be hindered by any "gods" from doing so. This ain't Ancient  Greece where Zeus f**k's a girl from the pier, the girl from pier gives birth to a semi-god, then zeus is like "ye... you are to only roleplay human only, no powers for you..."

Like HELLO.. WHY ZEUS GET TO F**K THE PIER GIRL and everyone else can't??

• Others are humans
  • Others misbehave
  • Others are not Zeus
  • Pier girl is special and one of a kind

I would love to f**k the pier girl, but I can't. Now my character development is hindered from ever finding love and marrying the pier girl because Zeus f**ked her. Welp.. *shrugs* There goes a happy ever after...

• Cause I'm human.

Hopefully people under this metaphor lol.

Edited by Percival

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

There’s always dominant forces irl and it’s always considered an IC issue from a Crim to crim perspective the same way you say PD being too OP and ICly unstoppable is realistic., a gang that earned its respect, fought for diplomacy., did x y z to reach their point ., would deserve to “dominate” and be on top., gangs weren’t pushed out the server like you say I’m sorry that losing your gang had you stopping crim RP but that’s not the case for everyone, for a lot of people and this can be proven factually, being a Crim used to be way more fun with less restrictions and a lot would agree that we’ve had eras where crim RP was at peak and was extremely fun; and it is what led to eclipse being where it’s at today 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 7:13 AM, Percival said:

To be honest, in my opinion when it comes to criminal organizations, just let any players create their own groups..... freeroam of group creation or don't whatever it may be. If a triad has control over a hispanic drug cartel, let them.... If one criminal group wants to organize 10 criminal groups, let them.

I never liked this "It's not realistic" mentally when it relates to theoretical matters. Whose not to say an Asian cartel does not have control over a Hispanic organization or vice versa. Whose to say, we can't have 20 large syndicate organizations, why only 5? or 10? Why do we need to have street gangs? Why not let every player create their own type of organization with free rein, its life and its realistic. If gangs want to mexican cartel the street of Los Santos, who's to say it's not realistic. 

And I disagree, parts of the United States is like parts of Mexico or other horrific places in other parts of the world. Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, etc. 

Lets stop limiting the way players on this server can roleplay and stop whining about "its not realistic to arrest him" or "its not realistic to rob a cop". Let chaos roam free, and you shall see activity bloom. 

If criminals want to RP underground and lowkey, cool.

If criminals want to outright slaughter people during the day, drive bys, raids on areas, etc, ok cool....

This isn't a PD v Criminal comment mentality, but more so for us as a community to stop limiting roleplay and calling essentially everything and anything "unrealistic".

I get there's balance to be made, but sometimes the goal for a balance just goes too far....to the point it makes no sense...

Bottom-line again.. as I have said and will keep saying.. If server rules are followed, no meta-gaming, no power-gaming, not VDM or DM, or what have you. Then players should roleplay what they want as long as it's "PHYSICALLY REALISTIC".

Suggestion:

1. Freedom of group creation
  2. Script will require player to have 3000XP before invitation.
    1. If invited under 3k XP, script will prohibit it.
    2. Create a Server Rule prohibiting the abuse of character creation for mass recruitment. (This would make sense...)
  3. Any groups with a certain amount of members (20+) have ability to..
    1. Arms Traffic/Smuggle
    2. Drug Traffic/Smuggle
    3. etc. Any criminal scripted perks, let them have it.
  4. Instead of putting a limit on "realism", put a limit on their member count.
    1. Under 15 members, can't do anything, but create/join a group.
    2. 15+ members can take over turfs.
    3. 30+ members can drug traffic.
    4. 40+ members can arms traffic.
  5. Turfs
    1. Put a timer on when a turf can be taken
      1. Only 3 turfs on the map (small/large) will be able to be fought for say every...72 hours...from the time of capture.
      2. There needs to be an IC/RP reason for the gang to be attacking the other group or capturing their  turf, not just because they want more land.
        1. IC Beef, etc. 
        2. Ex: cheating girls, punched a homie in the face, talking smack... , etc.
      3. This will prevent the server from becoming an ongoing DM server.
    2. Benefits of having a turf
      1. Groups created will be disbanded within 14 days of creation, if they do not have a turf.
      2. If group has no turf, their disbandment timer will start for the 14 days...
        1. No turf in 14 days = Group is deleted, and all members removed.

This chaos will give more activity into the server for everyone, not just those who are within "official" criminal groups... This will give PD, SD, DOC, JUDICIAL, a HUGE run lol.

This chaos will also give a reason to have a "National Guard", and I don't mean an "admin" faction, I mean full out roleplay enlistment, military training and drills for anyone on the server to join and partake in.....

Thank you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aadamftw said:

I haven't been in that many wars, but from what i've seen wars just turns into forum wars. I've been killed unfairly so many times but i rather talk about it then make a report, that's why i haven't ever made a report because i rather talk about. I don't really care about losing stuff i'm not here for the gear. 

FYI, since the war system was made ages ago there’s only been ONE official war as the war system was made for the Council vs WCA/ Dojin war ., and gang a & b can be in conflict and gang member a can sit there shit talking gang member b during active conflict and you can get banned for a Non-RP for robbing them (which breeds reports, no RP, and a word Idek that stands for the opposite of immersion) ., and you need to actually be at official war to acc RP a conflict properly., however they never get approved 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Percival said:

If you read the suggestions fully you would see that I brought up the issues and risks involved, i.e vdm and code 0’d and yet again you bring up the same reason others do... and yet again turn towards irl to the server when we all know its not. Obviously air traffic will not allow the same number of a drastic number of planes in the sky at a time. Obviously the faa can train pilots to fly a certain way with radio calls and etc, obviously we wouldnt just let everyone fly a plane and flight school and licensing can become a thing which i presume could be very strict in terms of following ic regulations.

that same mindset is like saying, we gotta start driving 50km everywhere because irl in “los angeles” theres heavy traffic so everyone drives very slow... irl we should drive like traffic jams because los angeles has the worst in united states.

no disrespect and I thank you for bringing up these counter-reasons as it just goes to show exactly what I and many others are up against.

IRL cops are construction workers, uber drivers, politicians, attorneys, yet we can only join two gov factions ??? Seriously.... tbh i hate this mindset. If we do it for one thing we should do it for all, and should not be picking and choosing. Want an immersive gameplay? Find out ways to mitigate ooc problems.. dont just say nah players on ecrp misbehave we cant have nice things... so what... what about the other players who dedicate commitment and time and efforts??? They good they just join a faction and rp good ok ... like what!!!!

i completet understand it if ooc problems cannot be mitigate at all... no matter what.... BUT if it can why are we still using the same excuses!?!!? Excuses after excuses after excuses after excuses

I am only comparing the server to IRL since you brought up the FAA. I definitely agree that the server should not be like IRL because it would be very boring. 

Honestly, I think I did gloss over the part where you talked about code 0's. That is my bad. 

My point still stands that there won't be many planes in the sky. People are probably going to have to like queue up to fly their planes, which doesn't seem ideal

The only thing that I think would be fine is helicopters. They are pretty compact and don't need much room to take off. The millionaires could probably get helipads as well to land and stuff. Helicopters would be great! There can be a good amount of helicopters in the sky, If you code 0, it might not explode or the teleport script can be implemented like you said.

About the factions...I totally agree with you on that. F4 is an OOC thing. I am really not sure why they limit you on how many factions you can join. If people want to work 5 government jobs, then let that be IC. If they slip up IC and can't keep up with the hours, then they will probably be fired ICly. No reason why it should be limited OOCly.

Overall, you make some interesting points. There are places where there are too many restrictions that I agree with, but I think you are pushing it too much that it would become like GTA Online.

• Like 2

I don't understand how this thread is 5 pages long.

The problem is simple. The average player on the server is a "light roleplayer". This isn't a problem with any group within the community (Crims, PD, etc). In fact, it isn't a "problem" at all. The community, in its current state and in my opinion (and others) is "light RP". Some people prefer this over heavier roleplay. The "problems" in this thread are just symptoms of a light rp environment.

In my opinion, the only way to "fix" this would be for the community to communicate up the chain that a heavier roleplay environment is wanted. If this is agreed on a shift can easily be achieved by implementing a significantly stricter whitelist system. Adding or changing rules will do nothing, all this does is increase the difficulty of the mod staff. Require people to demonstrate they are creative and are interested in roleplay, rather than gta online. If a player demonstrates they are not interested in roleplay, or hindered a roleplay scenario blatantly, remove them from the community regardless of rule break or social status.

Behaviour is contagious and filtering/removing gta online mentality will quickly increase the average player to heavier roleplay. I also want to add on that I recently re-took the revamped quiz out of curiosity and in my opinion is still too easy.

• Like 2
  • dead 1

On 2/21/2021 at 3:57 AM, tylxrrr said:

I think it will be too much chaos. I know damn well everyone is going to be flying their airplanes, just like everyone be carrying a gun. If there were heavy weapon licenses, everyone will have a micro on their hip. The best way to mitigate problems and risks is to simply just not allow it or have it.

I agree that rules should definitely be loosened up. For example, the robbery rule, it should be more about not robbing your average citizen doing their day-to-day job. It shouldn't apply to rival gang members. If someone is talking shit, you should be able to rob them anywhere or if someone is wearing your colors, you should be able to rob them. 

It wouldn't become a "CHAOS" if before this update. ECLIPSE-ROLEPLAY implement new registration, new quiz, new rules for everything and let the "RULES" handle the player. most of people known "ECLIPSE" as "Shooting" Roleplay server because its been there since ages... everyone change ? am i right ? yes ofc. "ECLIPSE" change their culture, their gamestyle, "SHOOTING" gameplay reduced. but lets ask from some people that know about "RP" and "RAGE-MP" , "Does they look eclipse as shooting server?" , i can say yes because i joined 2019, at the time that shootout between gang and peoples around always happens everywhere. now they changing, its become more little bit fun and interesting but still preventing some Roleplay that might interested to implement, instead of script , script and script. recent eclipse update actually good but it will become perfect with a good roleplayers.

Edited by Revelt
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:01 AM, Percival said:

I see your point, but I have to respectfully disagree. We should not lower the gang cap or department cap. Everything needs to be dealt with IC and through IC ramifications...

I.e LSPD won't hire more people if they can't afford. 

Gangs should be able to have as many people as they choose if they want to build an empire if they can handle it.

Lets stop with the OOC limitations onto roleplay, and just let whatever happen, happen... 

Only then will we truly have an immersive... full out VIRTUAL WORLD of LIFE.

If we disable the Nametags to use ALT HOLD, we mind as well remove some OOC limitations on roleplay.... if not..... what was the actual point of making the ALT HOLD on Nametags???????? I understand its to make a "perception" of realism... but if its possible... to make things on the server more realistic... why limit the roleplay???? Why say, 1 gang can't take control of 6 criminal organizations? Why say, a gang needs to be official to arms traffic? Why say, we can't have planes when it can be made possible.

No faction cap per OOC means

If they can afford it IC, let them. Want to lower gang's membership, LEO's should attack their finances, take their money, and assets, make them smaller..... 

LSPD Wants more funding for more officers? Gov raise taxes... sell things, etc... make money in general ...

Gang wants to build empire??? Take control of different revenue streams.... 

Everything I've mentioned is 100% possible to do on the server with this player base and the resources currently in this community.

CAMPAIGN: STOP LIMITING ROLEPLAY

I'm agree with this but back at the community again, the player itself.
Before management implement "something" that could do a major change "RP SIDE" not "SCRIPT SIDE" you need to improve the way player can join the server. Improve the Rules, and Improve the punishment system.

Why not try to implement new punishment system ? implement Non-RP #1 , Non-RP#2 , Non-RP#3 people actually will doing it again and again.

Why dont use "Temporary Ban" or "Punishment Point", people will actually filter their roleplay before "DOING" it.
You get ban for temporary every time you break rules, or apply punishment points. because if people only get "JAILED" the same mistake , the same thing that happens, will happens twice. 

There are a lot of way to make a community member think about the risk and how the roleplay could run in proper way before "STARTING" the roleplay situation because they will think about the "punishment" that happens to him if the RP is out of the context and breaching server rules. "ooc jailed?" nah its fine, its only 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minuts, 120 minutes.
how if, someone breaching "Non-Roleplay", Temporary ban 3 Days. Temporary Ban 7 Days. will they care about server rules ? of course they will and chaos will not happens.

5 hours ago, Jonny D said:

The problem is simple. The average player on the server is a "light roleplayer". This isn't a problem with any group within the community (Crims, PD, etc). In fact, it isn't a "problem" at all. The community, in its current state and in my opinion (and others) is "light RP". Some people prefer this over heavier roleplay. The "problems" in this thread are just symptoms of a light rp environment.

In my opinion, the only way to "fix" this would be for the community to communicate up the chain that a heavier roleplay environment is wanted. If this is agreed on a shift can easily be achieved by implementing a significantly stricter whitelist system. Adding or changing rules will do nothing, all this does is increase the difficulty of the mod staff. Require people to demonstrate they are creative and are interested in roleplay, rather than gta online. If a player demonstrates they are not interested in roleplay, or hindered a roleplay scenario blatantly, remove them from the community regardless of rule break or social status.

Behaviour is contagious and filtering/removing gta online mentality will quickly increase the average player to heavier roleplay. I also want to add on that I recently re-took the revamped quiz out of curiosity and in my opinion is still too easy.

I wasn't going to post on what honestly at one stage became a bit of a dumpster fire of a thread and I don't know who you are Jonny D, but this guy actually gets it.

Have those at the very top decide on a role-play standard and spend the next two months BEFORE the annual April player boom tweaking the community to that standard. Make it a public notice, so people can either get on board or get gone. Be ruthless with it's implementation, if people can't adapt then they will need to go elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if it's removing a faction leader or getting rid of a troublesome new player or whatever, if it doesn't fit the vision, then scrap it. Quiz needs to be more difficult and we need to be asking a lot more from people when applying too.

Getting 500+ players is fantastic, but I'd honestly half of them in a heartbeat for a better and more consistent role-play standard.

Server has a lot of upsides, some fantastic people here and it's popular. It's a lot easier to improve when things are going good. You might see a drop off in players in the short term, but people roleplay better when they are surrounded by good roleplayers so in the long term, you get a better RP environment from it.

• Like 2
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bala said:

I wasn't going to post on what honestly at one stage became a bit of a dumpster fire of a thread and I don't know who you are Jonny D, but this guy actually gets it.

Have those at the very top decide on a role-play standard and spend the next two months BEFORE the annual April player boom tweaking the community to that standard. Make it a public notice, so people can either get on board or get gone. Be ruthless with it's implementation, if people can't adapt then they will need to go elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if it's removing a faction leader or getting rid of a troublesome new player or whatever, if it doesn't fit the vision, then scrap it. Quiz needs to be more difficult and we need to be asking a lot more from people when applying too.

Getting 500+ players is fantastic, but I'd honestly half of them in a heartbeat for a better and more consistent role-play standard.

Server has a lot of upsides, some fantastic people here and it's popular. It's a lot easier to improve when things are going good. You might see a drop off in players in the short term, but people roleplay better when they are surrounded by good roleplayers so in the long term, you get a better RP environment from it.

I agree with this. It seems like head staff is trying to push Eclipse in a certain direction, but they haven't made an announcement on what their vision is. They need to make an announcement and say this is what we want Eclipse to become and these are our expectations. I agree the quiz needs to definitely be more difficult as well. There needs to be more communication with the community on what is planned for the rest of 2021.

10 hours ago, Jonny D said:

This guy get's it.

Currently script support on the site is at it's best point since I joined the server around 1 year ago. The 1.1 update improved things so much and gave us a lot to work with. You can chase vehicles without them contantly lagging off the screen, you can shoot people and the bullets hit them. We were given a lot to work with but most of the server chooses to ignore this. Recent rule changes (for criminals) have been very good too. Not being on a joint freq rule has made my gang RP more together and focus more on ourselves and our lore. 

Some people treat this server as GTA Online with extra steps. They only want to RP when it's on their terms. I spent 20 minutes at toll booth the other day where the operator roleplayed giving out reciepts and stuff, and people got so annoyed. They did not want to RP back. Official gang members were threatening to shoot him for slowing them down, where is the fun in that?

I don't know how many new players I have met that have RP'd an interesting character, put on a realistic accent and tried to RP a character, only to stop doing it after a day or two on the server because other players do not RP to the same level that these new players are doing.

Thankfully with the removal of a lot of toxic members, most of the gangs left are RPing to a very high standard. The forum posts from both official and non-official gangs have been great. The way they act in game has also been fantastic. IC conflicts are now IC, and the OOC toxicity isn't happening (from what I can see). I also see a lot less people just shit talking and baiting fights, at least on my own criminal character.

Overall, in my view, people need to start immersing themselves in their roleplay. Focus on character development and RPing that character. Logging in grabbing a gun and baiting a fight is not good roleplay. One thing a lot of criminals don't realize is that if you RP well you do get rewarded, especially with PD. In the last few weeks, I have spent more time RPing with the cops as I got arrested. A lot of cops will "overlook" some charges for rewards to good RP (or at the very least they won't look for extra charges, which is what they will do when your being toxic). I even died and missed out on a lot of charges because myself and a cop RP'd for so long.

For criminals, good RP will also be rewarded on a gang level. From what I can tell, gangs are given official based on their RP. Look at Rooks, when other gangs went into conflicts over minor reasons they decided to stick out because it didn't make any RP sense for them to be in it. They also RP to a high standard and stick to their lore. When other factions were stripped of official, Rooks kept it.

TLDR: We have a good server, with good support and good people, let's just RP more as a community and have fun.

Edited by freshprinceIE
  • Like 3
  • YAY 2

On 2/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, freshprinceIE said:

This guy get's it.

Currently script support on the site is at it's best point since I joined the server around 1 year ago. The 1.1 update improved things so much and gave us a lot to work with. You can chase vehicles without them contantly lagging off the screen, you can shoot people and the bullets hit them. We were given a lot to work with but most of the server chooses to ignore this. Recent rule changes (for criminals) have been very good too. Not being on a joint freq rule has made my gang RP more together and focus more on ourselves and our lore. 

Some people treat this server as GTA Online with extra steps. They only want to RP when it's on their terms. I spent 20 minutes at toll booth the other day where the operator roleplayed giving out reciepts and stuff, and people got so annoyed. They did not want to RP back. Official gang members were threatening to shoot him for slowing them down, where is the fun in that?

I don't know how many new players I have met that have RP'd an interesting character, put on a realistic accent and tried to RP a character, only to stop doing it after a day or two on the server because other players do not RP to the same level that these new players are doing.

Thankfully with the removal of a lot of toxic members, most of the gangs left are RPing to a very high standard. The forum posts from both official and non-official gangs have been great. The way they act in game has also been fantastic. IC conflicts are now IC, and the OOC toxicity isn't happening (from what I can see). I also see a lot less people just shit talking and baiting fights, at least on my own criminal character.

Overall, in my view, people need to start immersing themselves in their roleplay. Focus on character development and RPing that character. Logging in grabbing a gun and baiting a fight is not good roleplay. One thing a lot of criminals don't realize is that if you RP well you do get rewarded, especially with PD. In the last few weeks, I have spent more time RPing with the cops as I got arrested. A lot of cops will "overlook" some charges for rewards to good RP (or at the very least they won't look for extra charges, which is what they will do when your being toxic). I even died and missed out on a lot of charges because myself and a cop RP'd for so long.

For criminals, good RP will also be rewarded on a gang level. From what I can tell, gangs are given official based on their RP. Look at Rooks, when other gangs went into conflicts over minor reasons they decided to stick out because it didn't make any RP sense for them to be in it. They also RP to a high standard and stick to their lore. When other factions were stripped of official, Rooks kept it.

TLDR: We have a good server, with good support and good people, let's just RP more as a community and have fun.

This is actually some great commentary and there has definitely been some amazing roleplayers start to step-up with more Immersive RP. 

The issue really comes down to how we want to see this server moving forward. Do we push ourselves into a "heavier" RP style, where there is more talking and less shooting, where we develop characters and move to "storylines" and "arcs" for our characters and factions, or do we want to be a "clap" server, where we fight for points of control in the city and stick to that. 

If people have met me IG, then they're probably quite aware that i'm far more invested in heavy RP than light RP, but similarly there is nothing wrong with wanting to stick to the light RP format we're in currently; we just have to realise that the constant escalation of fights, toxic IC name calling and other elements of the server that we all dislike our symptoms of the light RP style. 

My one suggestion here builds off FreshPrince here. If we have a player report function for rule breaks/bad RP, surely it would be great to include a report system for great RP/shout-outs for people who have stood out among the rest and gone with the RP even if they stand to lose greatly from it. If an admin reviews the "report" and sees that it would fit in the criteria of stand-out RP, then the player could be awarded credits for the shop. This way we not only have a "stick" but also a "carrot" to push people into a better style of RP. Moving away from the "L" and "W" mentality.

Cheers guys,

Danny Spears 

Edited by LanceHawk
  • Like 1