JayGamble

PD Cruisers no longer act as an armory

Something I've noticed while watching PD game play is their cruisers ability to essentially grant infinite vests & ammo, as long as they're able to interact with it. I personally don't think it makes a ton of sense for a standard cruiser to be equipped with multiple vests / infinite amounts of ammo. I think these items should be limited to a PD armory/locker room to ensure situations aren't as simple as -> situation ends, re-gear at the cruiser. I feel this would at least force down time in between major situations, and add a bit more depth depending on how the situation went.

tldr; right now it feels like officers are able to hit a bind, and be ready for the next situation on demand, as long as they survive a gun fight.

Edited by JayGamble
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 8

Have to agree with this, I believe every cruiser should have ONE extra vest in it and no extra ammo.

Vests are always kept in cruiser trunks just like real life, but ammo is obviously never stored there, plus cops get a bunch of ammo in the first place already.

I feel like these would be solid changes.

I do agree that it could be better, with the current desync in the game if a fight lasts longer than 2 mins your ammo is always gone. So I will +1 this on the basis that 1.0 fixes the desync issue and bullet damage is more realistic. Also extra ammo is always stored in the gun rack or the trunk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, vests should not be unlimited. Maybe 2 extra vests per cruiser since you'll need that if you partner up and that's it. As for ammo, it is small and easy to store and realistic to have extra ammo with you. Having maybe an additional 4 clips isn't overkill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

While it is possible to abuse the system to do this, officers actually do RP going back to Mission Row to retrieve missing equipment or restock ammunition.

Things must have changed since I was a cop then, since the whole year and a bit I was in PD nobody ever did that.

+/- 1
From one side I do believe that each cruiser should have at least and most 4 vest since it would have 4 occupants.
On the other side, PD Heavies already have a very low amount of Ammo, They give us the just 4 clips for each weapon. And trust me that is very low during a shoot out.
I would like to have other 4 clips on the trunk of my cruiser as minimum to be honest per Officer using it so 16 clips.

On the other hand none of the state of America deals with the amount of shoot outs that this RP State have and most of the times PD is heavily out numbered. Police Department adapts to the State needs.
Also as a SWAT Operative, I can't count the multiples times that I ran out of Ammo during a shoot out, had to Change to my Micro then run out of micro ammo and then had to change to my side arm. Couse we only got 4 Clips for each weapon, and we do not have extended magazines as criminals do.

So I agree there should be a limit for each cruiser but it shouldn't be low at all since we are a department that deals with shoot outs every single day.
May be Give 4 Clips on duty belt and for SWAT and SED Operatives who have special gear give an other 4 clips on them since they have space on their Tactical vest, I have count it.

Edited by Pertinax

3 minutes ago, Pertinax said:

+/- 1
From one side I do believe that each cruiser should have at least and most 4 vest since it would have 4 occupants.
On the other side, PD Heavies already have a very low amount of Ammo, They give us the just 4 clips for each weapon. And trust me that is very low during a shoot out.
I would like to have other 4 clips on the trunk of my cruiser as minimum to be honest per Officer using it so 16 clips.

On the other hand none of the state of America deals with the amount of shoot outs that this RP State have. Police Department adapts to the State needs.
Also as a SWAT Operative, I can't count the multiples times that I ran out of Ammo during a shoot out, had to Change to my Micro then run out of micro ammo and then had to change to my side arm. Couse we only got 4 Clips for each weapon, and we do not have extended magazines as criminals do.

So I agree there should be a limit for each cruiser but it shouldn't be low at all since we are a department that deals with shoot outs every single day.
May be Give 4 Clips on duty belt and for SWAT and SED Operatives who have special gear give an other 4 clips on them since they have space on their Tactical vest, I have count it.

A cruiser would not usually have 4 occupants. It would have 2. The back is for transporting suspects, not officers.

• Like 2

People should always RP the stuff. As myself in PD I know it’s expected to Rp taking the stuff.  If you see someone run to a car and get a vest with no Rp then report them.  Same goes for taking out weapons. We have to Rp taking them out the gun rack. If we removed the /pw from the car we would not be able to “place the gun Into a gun rack”. We have to use /Pw then remove the weapon and use it again to get it back.  I see a few officers Rp taking more from the armory and placing them into the trunk. After each gun fights most officers do go back to mission row.   

• Like 1

I can support /pw being changed to only have 1 of each weapon and for the ammunition in them to save, so if you use ammunition up and store it back, it wouldn't let you take out more ammunition of out thin air.

I do not support what Rubsmeister suggested as physically storing a weapon in the vehicle inventory means that it can also be stolen, which we've already said is not going to be an option on several suggestions.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.