Nightranger

Cops metagaming the Gun texture

This just completly ruined the server for me!

Cops meta'd my gun texture, It wasn't equipped, not in my hands, just sticking out the back, I can't help that, it's a mechanic of the game, I got 65 minutes in total for this!

I have to "RP" everytime i get a gun that it's hidden and provide proof by going out of character and showing it to the cops, to prove it's hidden.

This is a texture bug, that I have no control over, and now have to spend 1hr and 5 minutes in jail because of the game, not my fault - Yet admins seem to think it's okay for cops to meta this texture bug?

In my eyes, it feels like this:

One slip up on discord in regards to IG Info being said, 1 sentence, Punished...

Cops meta a texture bug, completly allowed to send someone to jail for an hour, of which they have no control over...

Please can you not understand the irony here? If cops can meta like that, When technically it's hidden under a jacket anyway (If equipped)? - Mine wasn't

This wound me up so much, I couldn't RP with them, How and why is this allowed?

Edited by Nightranger

Hello, It isn't meta? This is intended so you cannot hide a weapon because that's unrealistic. Weapons are shown on purpose and you are allowed to see it. You can by all means roleplay hiding it with /me and then provide a screenshot to the officer that spots it, But they can still search you and will more than likely find it 🙂

• Upvote 1

So if this intended, why allow new players the trouble of finding out by going to prison. 

Just be decent about it, let them know and tell them how to avoid it in the future. 

Why are so many gameplay mechanics only understandable after having to go to prison or by discussing it with the staff. 

This should be clearly stated, to avoid confusion. 

The community needs to do a better job at letting new players know what is and isnt a bug, just out of decency. 

Many many things a player only understands after having a bad rp experiance or by trolling the forum viewing verdicts on past reports. 

Simple, look at player xp when in game, if they seem new, just give them the benifit of the doubt, just be decent about it. whats so hard about that. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, padpilot said:

So if this intended, why allow new players the trouble of finding out by going to prison. 

Just be decent about it, let them know and tell them how to avoid it in the future. 

Why are so many gameplay mechanics only understandable after having to go to prison or by discussing it with the staff. 

The community needs to do a better job at letting new players know what is and isnt a bug, just out of decency. 

Many many things a player only understands after having a bad rp experiance or by trolling the forum viewing verdicts on past reports. 

Simple, look at player xp when in game, if they seem new, just give them the benifit of the doubt, just be decent about it. whats so hard about that. 

How could a weapon showing up on your back be a bug? I don't follow the logic. It's obviously scripted on purpose.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

How could a weapon showing up on your back be a bug? I don't follow the logic. It's obviously scripted on purpose.

I thought it was meant to be tucked into the trousers, and under the top - That's what it looks like, CLearly I was wrong, It doesn't say anything anywhere about it...

if you don't want them to see it, don't equip it? If you don't have it equiped, then you can just RP actually hiding it as it would make sense having a non-equiped weapon hidden right?
Next to saying cops meta the texture bug, wouldn't be bug abuse using the texture bug to hide a weapon?
When it comes to this stuff, especifically for weapons, I have been told; if you see it, you see it as it can also be put in the inventory instead.

2 hours ago, Nightranger said:

I can't help that, it's a mechanic of the game, I got 65 minutes in total for this!

I highly doubt you got the 65 OOC minutes just for that as WM02 states less.

Same with the bigger weapons (shotsguns, rifles, etc.). In the past they didn't show up when in inventory, but that changed as it didn't make sense people randomly having a shotgun out of no where that wasn't visible at first. And we didn't expect those to spam "/do you would be able to see a shotgun shaped object under my coat" right?

Edited by Yputi

1 hour ago, padpilot said:

preach

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

I highly doubt you got the 65 OOC minutes just for that as WM02 states less.

50 minutes + 15 for beating the officer up in prison...

65 Minutes not needed had I known that they could actually see it, In rl you can hide a weapon, I had a puffer jacket on and baggy trousers, would have easily hidden it, Whatever, I didn't know, Now I do - 65 minutes wasted by learning about something that isn't mentioned.

As for me thinking it was buggy textures, I come from Arma RP, so loadsa bugs, hence why i thought that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightranger said:

65 Minutes not needed had I known that they could actually see it, In rl you can hide a weapon, I had a puffer jacket on and baggy trousers, would have easily hidden it, Whatever, I didn't know, Now I do - 65 minutes wasted by learning about something that isn't mentioned.

As for me thinking it was buggy textures, I come from Arma RP, so loadsa bugs, hence why i thought that.

If you have any questions whatsoever about our server and the script features, you may ask in #i_have_a_question on the official discord, or in-game by using /report 1 <your question>.

Edited by alexalex303

To be honest, when John Martinez was still around some guy at bank had rped hiding his gun, he saw the texture, started asking if he has a license the guy said I rped hiding it, i have proof and Martinez said "/b if you don't want it shown use the inventory system that's what its for now don't stall rp".I think it really depends on the player, some cops will pay attention to rp, others won't.But it is not metagaming,it is shown on purpose.

• Like 1

So to confirm, the heavy pistol is scripted to not show, whilst all other pistols are scripted to show. 

If a new player buys a heavy for their first pistol, how do they know what is and isnt a bug if they buy a .50 for their second gun.

You guys can surly see why to a new player this may be confusing. 

6 hours ago, Nightranger said:

Unlicensed firearm is only 25 minutes.

I would suggest finding out all this information ICLY as everything discussed here can be found out by talking to people in game.

"Hey Jimmy, I want to get a gun, but I want to tuck it outta sight, is there such a thing"

"Hell ya Paul, check this out, this gun here you can fit under any long tshirt and tuck it in your belt..."
/me holds out a heavy pistol
/do it would be compact and have no holster

"Wow Jimmy your the man! look at that, didn't even know you had one... how much dude?!"

TADA how to find out what gun can be hidden on your person.

99% of stuff can be found out icly with a bit of thinking.

You cannot hide a desert eagle inside the waist band of your pants. It fires a 50 calibre cartridge, it would be unrealistic to make it where people could conceal it in a waist band or under a t shirt. Wear a giant jacket if you want to conceal one of the biggest pistols created.

• Upvote 2

Would also like to point out that RP hiding a weapon should really only be used in situations where you might have been pulled over by a cop and are hiding it under the seat or something (meaning you can't unequip it unless you ask to in /b). 

If you want to have your gun ready to go then you can use the script and equip it, just be prepared for it to show on your back as hiding a heavy weapon is very very difficult. If you want to RP carrying it hidden in a coat, gun-case, etc... then use the script to unequip the gun and bam, problem solved. 

This seems to be more of a complaint about how you can RP hiding the gun while at the same time having it ready to be pulled out at any moment to shoot someone, I would argue that you can't have it both ways.

5 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

Would also like to point out that RP hiding a weapon should really only be used in situations where you might have been pulled over by a cop and are hiding it under the seat or something (meaning you can't unequip it unless you ask to in /b). 

Saying "should" can in itself be problematic. Is it only used in those moments or isnt it, and if there is no consistent ruling on when it "should" be used, do you think this would cause confusion for newer players? 

1 minute ago, padpilot said:

Saying "should" can in itself be problematic. Is it only used in those moments or isnt it, and if there is no consistent ruling on when it "should" be used, do you think this would cause confusion for newer players? 

I think that for these matters there should be a clear guideline, you can conceal weapons with RP if you are in a situation where you can't just /dropgun and put it in your inventory, if you do this you can not use the weapon until you RP taking it out.

That's how I would do it.

How I tend to approach it is if the weapon is clearly visible, then I proceed accordingly. Like if you have a t-shirt and a gun on your waist, I can see that shit, i'm not blind.

But if for example you have a long coat and it's only clipping through it, then I ignore it.

6 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

If you want to have your gun ready to go then you can use the script and equip it, just be prepared for it to show on your back as hiding a heavy weapon is very very difficult. If you want to RP carrying it hidden in a coat, gun-case, etc... then use the script to unequip the gun and bam, problem solved. 

This seems to be more of a complaint about how you can RP hiding the gun while at the same time having it ready to be pulled out at any moment to shoot someone, I would argue that you can't have it both ways.

Bud it was NOT equipped, Like it shouldn't have even been showing, but it was, Heres atwo short vids to show.

As you can see - The gun shouldn't even be showing, It was in my invent not equipped, If I have a crate in there, It doesn't sit on my back telling everyone I have a crate there, Hence why I thought this was a texture bug glitch.

I tried RP'ing that I had a puffer jacket on, so they couldn't see it, not accepted, I told em it was hidden not accepted, called an admin who said unless I had proof of a /do hides gun, Cops can meta, I mean, not my fault it shows like that, when I haven't got it equipped

Edited by Nightranger

57 minutes ago, GOAT said:

How I tend to approach it is if the weapon is clearly visible, then I proceed accordingly. Like if you have a t-shirt and a gun on your waist, I can see that shit, i'm not blind.

But if for example you have a long coat and it's only clipping through it, then I ignore it.

That seems like a fair and decent standard. 

Not all do this though, some require /do and others just do not care, said only from experiance. 

Does pd not have a simple ruling which would negate the need to even discuss this. I am sure this has been discussed previously, if anyone knows, what was the ruling, and if there was a ruling, was this introduced to pd, if not why not? 

Just a clear indication of the current RP state could easily reduce the number of discussions and posts regarding common misconceptions. 

Also, consider this, what if someone doesnt display the same level of rp as yourself in this regard, say a crimnal vs a criminal. It becomes increasingly difficlt to sustain a constant level of roleplay if we are all abiding by our own rp standards, this would be ok, if a bare minimm had been set, however i dont think it has. 

Edited by padpilot

18 minutes ago, padpilot said:

That seems like a fair and decent standard. 

Not all do this though, some require /do and others just do not care, said only from experiance. 

Does pd not have a simple ruling which would negate the need to even discuss this. I am sure this has been discussed previously, if anyone knows, what was the ruling, and if there was a ruling, was this introduced to pd, if not why not? 

Just a clear indication of the current RP state could easily reduce the number of discussions and posts regarding common misconceptions. 

Also, consider this, what if someone doesnt display the same level of rp as yourself in this regard, say a crimnal vs a criminal. It becomes increasingly difficlt to sustain a constant level of roleplay if we are all abiding by our own rp standards, this would be ok, if a bare minimm had been set, however i dont think it has. 

As far as I know, the PD standard is the same as the server standard. If we can see it, it's there, basically.