TheCanadian

A more realistic cruise control

Instead of making the cruise control a toggle that you still need to hold the acceleration and it limits how fast you go, I think the cruise control would be better as it is IRL. You are at a set speed, you toggle it and let go off the acceleration and the cruise control maintains your speed.

I think this would be a great improvement as it would be instant, you will see if the cruise control works. No hopping on and off your bike, thinking the cruise control still works and then I bugs and toggles off making you get a ticket.

But I think the biggest reason this should be added if for driving and chatting. If you are a truck driver on a stretch of the highway and you want to type something in the CB radio, currently you will slow down as you type. But this obviously applies to everyone. I believe it would be a great quality of life change to be allowed to type in chat and if your cruise control was on you would maintain that speed, allowing you to chat on the stretches of the highway without slowing to 30kph while doing so.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCanadian said:

Instead of making the cruise control a toggle that you still need to hold the acceleration and it limits how fast you go, I think the cruise control would be better as it is IRL. You are at a set speed, you toggle it and let go off the acceleration and the cruise control maintains your speed.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor why not both gif

• PogU 1

Since the speed limits are all in incrimants of 10, they could add like L and Arrow Left to reduce the cruise speed by 10 r L and Arrow Right to increase the cruise speed by ten. 

Having to do /cruise every time you wanna change is inconvenient.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:27 AM, GOAT said:

Since the speed limits are all in incrimants of 10, they could add like L and Arrow Left to reduce the cruise speed by 10 r L and Arrow Right to increase the cruise speed by ten. 

Having to do /cruise every time you wanna change is inconvenient.

The suggestion am making is to have it toggled when you drive at a certain speed and the cruise control holds it(like irl). Unless you are talking about them modifying the speed limiter, then I wouldn't be opposed to your suggestion as long as you can set it to whatever you want (79kph to avoid speed cameras) and not just 70,80, etc. Only if it is applied with my suggestion, so people have the option to pick

Edited by TheCanadian

Sounds like a good idea, but not sure if it would fit so well. 'Cause if we do what you suggest, we'd have people cornering at 70kph in the city, which isn't really good, and you'd end up having to turn the cruise on and off everytime you have to corner or come up at an intersection with lights. Instead people wouldn't use it in the city and there would be people constantly revving and gassing up to keep the speed but stay under the limit.